Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Wimbledon ((EFL Cup) - Post Match Thread

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
I suppose it’s the shock and surprise of being knocked out in the early round of a cup that’s such the disappointment for us...

With no screenings on offer, very interested in the views of those at the game tonight so please do share your thoughts on the players and performance 

Comments

• edited August 2021

• Wimbledon completed nearly 50% more passes in our half than we did in theirs. Terrifying statistic.
  • I predicted a 1-0 defeat before the game. Saw the team, had been expecting a completely new 11 so thought we might get a result.

Listened to the game so can't comment on the performance, but it sounded like a typical cup defeat.

Really need positive news about signings ASAP.
  • Sponsored links:

• 10 Substitutes 

10.1  Subject to Rule 10.2, in all matches, each team is permitted up to seven substitutes of whom not more than three may take part in the match.

10.2  Where either the Semi-Final or Final Tie goes to extra time (in accordance with the provisions of Rule 14.5), then each Club participating in that Final will be permitted to use an additional substitute (in extra time only).

10.3  All substitutes must be nominated and included on the official Team Sheet handed to the Referee prior to the match. Not more than three substitutes of each Club may warm up or down at the same time on the perimeter of the pitch on which the match is being played.

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

• 10 Substitutes

10.1  Subject to Rule 10.2, in all matches, each team is permitted up to seven substitutes of whom not more than three may take part in the match.

10.2  Where either the Semi-Final or Final Tie goes to extra time (in accordance with the provisions of Rule 14.5), then each Club participating in that Final will be permitted to use an additional substitute (in extra time only).

10.3  All substitutes must be nominated and included on the official Team Sheet handed to the Referee prior to the match. Not more than three substitutes of each Club may warm up or down at the same time on the perimeter of the pitch on which the match is being played.

• Classic performance by Wimbledon. They got their goal and dominated with a good professional job after that. They didn’t have much to beat we posed no threat.
    Our structural soft underbelly was exposed.
    No positives I’m afraid.
  • edited August 2021
    To those saying Stockley doesn't do well up top on his own...
    Adkins first 10

Scorers /Assisters in Adkins first 10. 

In the 4 games Stockley scored in, 3 were as the one up top in a 4-3-3. The other was against AFC in a 4-4-2 alongside... Washington.

Both of Stockley's assists came in 4-3-3's too.
  • Let the post-mortem begin! 

It’s the League Cup, Adkins stuck the youth out other than a couple of first teamers, we’ve got bigger battles ahead - we do need more players & Adkins/Gallen/Sandgaard are aware of this so let’s get things into perspective before we start losing our minds 
  • Looks like we just dicked about with the ball in our half and couldn't find a way to play in their half. Was hoping we'd started to move away from doing that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stats say it all!
  • Busy season, small squad. Best out of this competition if we have promotion ambitions. A little worrying from the reaction so far and lack of activity on transfers.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Biggest problem for me is it doesn’t feel like a new season has started. Still not quite feeling that connection to anyone outside of Stockley. 

I know we will strengthen and I know we will get better, but I’m finding our current squad is still very ‘meh’.

Know what you mean.  Whilst not a catastrophe or panic stations feels like we are in pre season mode still with eyes on the remaining transfer window.

• Haven't signed enough players and I'm sure we will end up with a few panic signings as the current squad we have will be diminished severely with inevitable injuries.  If the somewhat ambitious European hopes are to be fulfilled then Thomas will have to spend money.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    10 Substitutes

Interesting. That's what I thought - only 3 subs allowed this year.

Or was one a concussion sub? 
  • Attendance:

Sums up how the majority of fans feel about the competition. 

On to Saturday 
    Shocked it was that high 
  • edited August 2021
    Already posted above.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Europe in 5 years chaps
    Premier League in 5 years was the target