Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Italy - THE FINAL - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    1-0 England. Comfortable on the pitch, uncomfortable in the stands.
  • Options

If it was an English paper mocking up players/managers in second world war gear there'd be outrage. Why the double standards?
    Because they're a pathetic little no mark nation. Rent free in their heads.
  • Options
    comfortable home win 4 - 0
  • Options
    I feel pretty confident as long as we don't freeze due to nerves and I doubt that will happen. It will probably be cagey until a goal opens things up.
  • Options
    Great quote by Andrea Barzagli the former Italian and Juventus defender who played alongside Chiellini and Bonucci.

"Training with Chiellini is like being put in a cage with a gorilla and you have to steal his food'

Kane and Sterling need to forage against the 36 year old Chiellini and 34 year old Bonucci.
    Let’s how he fairs trying to catch Sterling and Saka 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Feeling more confident than I was the other day. Italy have the better midfield trio hands down but I fancy Kane, Sterling and Saka against that back line all day long while I am also very impressed by Southgate’s tactics when we’re out of possession.

Chiesa and Insigne can be scary on their day but are generally hit and miss, while Immobile has had a disappointing tournament up until this point.

If I was Mancini I would be sorely tempted to drop Immobile, play Berardi as a false nine and have Chiesa and Insigne bombing on past him.

If England have a tough time dealing with Verratti-Jorginho-Barella, it’d be ten times worse with Berardi dropping in to link the play too.
  • Options
    2-1 to England (possible AET)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Great quote by Andrea Barzagli the former Italian and Juventus defender who played alongside Chiellini and Bonucci.

"Training with Chiellini is like being put in a cage with a gorilla and you have to steal his food'

Kane and Sterling need to forage against the 36 year old Chiellini and 34 year old Bonucci.
    I like Chiellini but all this media talk of him being like a roman warrior is getting a bit boring.
    If Kane was playing for Spain the other night, Italy would of been knocked out.

That's why I preferred this quote about him being a gorilla by an ex team mate not the Roman warrior.

Plus is this just kidology or are the Italians fearful of This England side ? They never have been before.

Quote from the Italian captain:
    "England's bench could have made it to the final as they have extraordinary players"

Seems like an OTT statement but...

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    The average age of the England squad is 25 and this is the youngest and I believe the happiest squad  because of the success of Gareth Southgate in creating a club environment and St George's being a good venue with so many facilities at the Burton site.

I hope Foden is fit because his first touch is magic with that wand of a left foot. If not then we still have options. Definitely 50/50.
    That's one hell of a scoreline! 

Only after penalties Mr Walker !
  • Options
    Play the game not the occasion, cmon England!!

Going to to do a 10k run, and spend the day cleaning the house to take my mind off of what’s happening tonight.
  • Options
    Play deep,dont give Chellini and Bonucci anything to mark in open play,try and get to run at them,they will not follow you up field,and for all their obvious brilliance over  many years,they are at an age when speed is not their greatest asset.Got to confess apart from today,Chellini is my favourite non  English player of this tournament.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

I like Chiellini but all this media talk of him being like a roman warrior is getting a bit boring.

That's why I preferred this quote about him being a gorilla by an ex team mate not the Roman warrior.

Plus is this just kidology or are the Italians fearful of This England side ? They never have been before.

"England's bench could have made it to the final as they have extraordinary players"

Does he honestly think England could win the Euros with a centre back partnership of Coady and Mings and Ramsdale in goal? Absolute nonsense from him. Play the game instead of mind games. I wonder how long it will take for him to roll around the floor after Kane brush’s him aside?
  • Options
    Sunday night in Nz I am sedating myself with some craft beers. My dad put $200 on Italy to win as a fairly obvious bit of reverse psychology - you do what you can…. 
  • Options

Does he honestly think England could win the Euros with a centre back partnership of Coady and Mings and Ramsdale in goal? Absolute nonsense from him. Play the game instead of mind games. I wonder how long it will take for him to roll around the floor after Kane brush’s him aside?
    An excellent player but a bit of an attention seeking prick at times. Thought the whole Alba thing was a bit muggy, I’d love to see him try that with Kane.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I genuinely think we’re going to do it 
    Me too mate. 
  • Options
    Me three 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I can’t embed tweets from my phone but this mornings montage with Aitch on the England account is great.
  • Options
    Bjorn again Kuipers will ref the final.

The Dutchman is 48 years old and has the title of the riches referee in Europe as he is a multi millionaire as the owner of supermarkets. When it comes to giving penalties it may be a case of "buy one and get one free" but we hope he isn't off his trolley.
    He is a favourite of UEFA as he has reffed seven finals including a Champions League final.

Kuipers was going to get the final of the World cup in Brazil but the Netherlands reaching the semi final put pay to that ambition.
  • Options
    I can’t embed tweets from my phone but this mornings montage with Aitch on the England account is great.
    This one?

That’s the one mate.
  • Options
    Today's the day.. come on England!