Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Italy - THE FINAL - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    What price an Italian Wimbledon and Euros double?
    Nah, screw that.
    No idea how this is going to pan out, but I believe Gareth has fashioned a side with great belief and resilience, team spirit and ability.
    I fear penalties and red cards, but other than that we have a shot.
    It's gonna be an emotional rollercoaster.
    Good luck lads
  • Options

Front page of a Scottish paper yesterday, with Mancini as brave heart.
    Yes, and how did that work out?
  • Options

The English press should respond in turn if we win - Find a picture of the heads of Scottish rebels on pikes at London Bridge all wearing the face paint of the countries we've despatched
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Hope the referee is stronger than the semi final. 
    Sterling and Saka to get the ageing defenders onto yellow cards early then run and run at them. 

As john boy said they would much rather man mark Kane rather than have him dropping deep creating  space for the others to run into. 

Agree with John boy because Kane is a superb passer of a ball and is the reason Son scores so many. Sterling will have to be sharper than a goal every five chances.

If the referee is too strict the England players will also get carded when Insigne, Veratti, Immobile etc attack them.

Spain passing game was excellent, England would've had about 25% of the play judging by their ball retention. Of course we could have still have won but not if Pickford was as erratic as the semi final with his poor throws and kicks.
  • Options
    Absolute nervous wreck already. God knows what I'll be like tomorrow.

Feels like I'm gearing up for my wedding day or something.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is that front-page real!?
    Yeah it's definitely real, was posted on their own twitter.

Personally i just see it as banter. I wouldn't want Scotland to win ever and i don't expect them to want us to win.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Let’s hope there’s a happy ending!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Let’s hope there’s a happy ending!!
    Hope so, cos at about this time tomorrow I’ll probably feel like I want to shit myself and cry simultaneously. 
  • Options
    For me this tournament because of covid hasn't been the same as previous. Watching games at home is pretty depressing compared to say the last world cup where me and thousands of others were bringing borough/London bridge to a stand still. Typical England to get to the final where I can't celebrate by dancing drunk in a street with other like minded people singing that Southgate still turns me on.

I predict an England victory on the basis that i put a bet on Italy to win it at the start of the competition. 

66, I know that was then but it could be again.

It's coming home. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021

• Options
    I backed Italy at a nice price before the tournament started .. for the first time for a long time I hope the bet fails (I've had a saver on England at 5/2 lol) ..
    Hard to call, Italy have looked vulnerable against both Austria and Spain, the latter with a better striker could well have won the semi .. England defensively look terrific and the strikers have done a good job with limited chances, the Italians look more creative in midfield .. probably the two best teams have got to the final.
    anyway, off the fence,  it's England after extra time and possibly penalties .. the game will need a strong referee as Italy will be up to all their disruptive and niggling tricks, England of course will be  models of gentlemanly behaviour..  
    Bjorn Kuipers the Dutchman in charge will need to be right on the case .. let's hope that there is no Euro solidarity, Brexit is forgiven and we get a good clean and well refereed game with loadsa goals and excitement .. 
    B) 
  • Options
    I backed England before the tournament, I backed Harry Kane to be top scorer and I’ve just backed us to win in 90 mins at 3-1 - I think they can all come off.

We need to score first against the Italians, force them to come out and then we have the players to hurt them on the counter.

A nervy first half will finish 0-0.

Kane to score around the 60 minute mark, and then we get a second in the final 5 as they push for an equaliser.

COME ON ENGLAND! 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I like the front page of the National, it's a bit of fun.
    C’mon, you know no one is allowed to have fun anymore. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Personally i just see it as banter. I wouldn't want Scotland to win ever and i don't expect them to want us to win.
    I agree. But in my years of personal involvement with Scots and Scotland,  it's only banter when it's by the Scots. They tend to get upset and angry and take it personally when it's "banter" by us towards them. Funny that. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Chunes said:

I agree. But in my years of personal involvement with Scots and Scotland,  it's only banter when it's by the Scots. They tend to get upset and angry and take it personally when it's "banter" by us towards them. Funny that. 
    ‘Ya patter is pish’

Eurgh.
  • Options
    That front page is bloody pathetic. I wouldn’t take anything the National says seriously though, basically the propaganda wing of the SNP.
  • Options
    I cant bloody wait for this. No nerves at all from me. The first final we have been to in my lifetime so I can only be excited by it. Bloody buzzing. We are going to do it too. 2-1 Sterling and Kane.
  • Options
    Thankfully there is the Copa America tonight as can imagine there is a lot of people out there who will find it difficult to get to sleep tonight. 
  • Options
    thought that was after the euro final
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    thought that was after the euro final
    Kick off in six hours.
  • Options
    Same starting XI

same result as the semI AET

its coming home 
  • Options
    Being that I can remember the ‘66 final, I thought I tell a little story just to show how things have progressed. I was 13 sitting in front of a small black and shite tele, the whole family was there, even my mum, who had never seen a game of football in her life and never saw a second. Uncle, aunts, Nan’s, everyone, other than my brother, myself and my father all had no idea what they were watching. Anyway kick off, England score everyone goes mad, about a minute later England score again, same result, hugging kissing (probably the only time my nan kissed me), you could hear the cheering up and down the road, it was the first ever action replay, fooled everyone. 
    Haha, that’s a great story! Didn’t realise it was the first time they had used replays.