Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo Impossible to Ignore

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Signs for Al Nassr until 2025.  177 million pounds per year, the biggest football salary in history.
    Sad way to end a fantastic career, playing in the arse end of nowhere just for money when he is already worth £500m for Christ’s sake! Definitely tarnishes his legacy imo. I can’t see Messi doing the same.
      You're right Messi would never be so cynical...

(Tries to get away with millions of euros of unpaid taxes)
    And potentially bankrupts Barcelona with his wage demands (that they were daft enough to agree).
    A complete myth. Messi earned the club far more in sponsorship deals and merchandise sales each year than he took home in wages.

The club was completely mismanaged and paid stupid wages to so many players. They were paying players like Umtiti, Coutinho, Pjanic and Lenglet well over 150k a week. Pique/Alba/Busquets all past their best, all earning 250k+ a week. Griezmann was on about 350k a week. 

They spent over 250m signing Griezmann and Coutinho who aren't even there any more.
    Cute thought put out by Messi. 

It's the same 'shirt sales' argument that is nonsense whenever a big money move happens. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Signs for Al Nassr until 2025.  177 million pounds per year, the biggest football salary in history.
    Sad way to end a fantastic career, playing in the arse end of nowhere just for money when he is already worth £500m for Christ’s sake! Definitely tarnishes his legacy imo. I can’t see Messi doing the same.
      You're right Messi would never be so cynical...

(Tries to get away with millions of euros of unpaid taxes)
    And potentially bankrupts Barcelona with his wage demands (that they were daft enough to agree).
    A complete myth. Messi earned the club far more in sponsorship deals and merchandise sales each year than he took home in wages.

The club was completely mismanaged and paid stupid wages to so many players. They were paying players like Umtiti, Coutinho, Pjanic and Lenglet well over 150k a week. Pique/Alba/Busquets all past their best, all earning 250k+ a week. Griezmann was on about 350k a week. 

They spent over 250m signing Griezmann and Coutinho who aren't even there any more.
    Wasn't aware of that, fair enough, thought it fell a bit the other way. 

Although he still didn't need quite the ridiculous wages he was on did he?  Over €100m a year or whatever it was.  Yes, he's Messi, but I'm sure he could have struggled by on €1m a week (before his own sponsorship etc) which would have allowed Barca to prosper more and also to keep him longer.

I agree they wasted a ton of money post the sale of Neymar though.
  • Options
    Broke the international caps record last night, now has 197.

Also scored twice to extend the goals record to 120. Quite remarkable when we're talking about Kane breaking the England record with 54.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Messi: 0.57gpg

Kane: 0.67 gpg

Ignore this. I misread @Chris_from_Sidcup's comment to be about Messi not Ronaldo.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Messi: 0.57gpg

Kane: 0.67 gpg

Ignore this. I misread @Chris_from_Sidcup's comment to be about Messi not Ronaldo.

Ronaldo would be 0.61 so point sort of stands.

Though Ronaldo started as a winger etc.
  • Options
    Ronaldo has now scored 73 international goals...........after he turned 30.

To put that into perspective, only 15 players in history have more than 73 international goals at any age.

His overall total of 125 is more than the current England and France all-time top scorers combined.
  • Options
    How many pens?
  • Options
    More than Harry Hill and Pauline Campbell-Jones put together.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    JaShea99 said:
    How many pens?
    19 (that's total, don't know how many since he was 30)

For comparison Kane has scored 20 penalties for England thus far.