Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo Impossible to Ignore

Comments

• Options
    He has always had a monstrous ego and you could forgive that a bit given how incredible a player he is but some of his comments are beyond unprofessional. Man Utd need to get rid. They're far more of a team without him and I can't see any other club picking him up barring some lucrative middle-east payday.
  • Options
    Genuinely wonder if he's hoping they'll pay up the contract to get rid of a toxic situation.

They wanted rid in the summer, he wanted to go, but no one else would pay those wages.

If he gets 6 months paid up he can go somewhere else on less wages, knock a tap-ins in and claim he was right all along.
  • Options
    He has always had a monstrous ego and you could forgive that a bit given how incredible a player he is but some of his comments are beyond unprofessional. Man Utd need to get rid. They're far more of a team without him and I can't see any other club picking him up barring some lucrative middle-east payday.
    We need a striker...... 
    Injured 10 mins into his debut and never plays again 
  • Options
    Noticeable how any discussions around him being the best player in the world / of all time have completely plummeted. 

What he has done here is very rare in this day and age. A tell all ‘explosive’ interview slagging off his current club. 

It’s obvious why he’s doing it, but in turn it will be having a massive impact on his overall reputation. Part of me also thinks it might tarnish his legacy a bit as well - particularly as it is so often discussed in comparison to others (Messi). 
  • Options
    Injured 10 mins into his debut and never plays again 
    Alternative scenario - we sign him, and he subs on with Chuks at the 85th minute of every match when we're 2-0 down, and they score a brace each. Champions League in 4 years.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Noticeable how any discussions around him being the best player in the world / of all time have completely plummeted. 

What he has done here is very rare in this day and age. A tell all ‘explosive’ interview slagging off his current club. 

It’s obvious why he’s doing it, but in turn it will be having a massive impact on his overall reputation. Part of me also thinks it might tarnish his legacy a bit as well - particularly as it is so often discussed in comparison to others (Messi). 
    I think that the change in focus of discussion is inevitable - perhaps he's seen the latest "Messi" programme and his ego couldn't cope with it.

I would love to see the statistics for returning sportsmen to their former clubs because I reckon, more often than not, their second coming doesn't measure up to the first. One possible exception would be Killer but, there again, he was still only 26 when he returned to us.

Equally, some clubs have been guilty of to selling/releasing players on the cheap and almost like a "spurned" ex, feel they have to, at whatever cost, bring them back. Pogba (left on a free, returned to United for £90m and then left on a free again)  and Lukaku (sold to Everton for £28m but then bought back for £98m and sent out on loan after just 16 PL starts) are examples of that. It's not just the transfer fees either - it's the millions of pounds for their inflated salaries too,
  • Options
    Genuinely wonder if he's hoping they'll pay up the contract to get rid of a toxic situation.

They wanted rid in the summer, he wanted to go, but no one else would pay those wages.

If he gets 6 months paid up he can go somewhere else on less wages, knock a tap-ins in and claim he was right all along.
    No idea when it was recorded but it can't be coincidence that this comes out as domestic football goes on a break and he is out of United and with Portugal so doesn't have to deal with any fall out.

He obviously won't be involved in their games post-world cup and there will surely be an agreement for him to be on his way in January.
  • Options
    I find it quite easy to ignore the ol boy in a football context. Like so many great players he has had his day after pleasing so many of us with his skill, dedication and goal scoring prowess. The name Aguero was on everyone's lips not so long ago, and now it's all about Haaland .. fame is fleeting especially in the fast-moving world of professional sports

(oh, I nearly forgot to mention, Ronaldo will always be remembered by me in a very different context .. my eldest son and he share a birthday, 5 February 1985)

• Options
    We need a striker...... 

Yeah, that's an idea, straight swap with Stockers...sorted ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has always been a TWAT and always will be, great at football no doubt but zero class
  • Options
    Inflated ego. Inflated wages. Go to Miami beach Ronald ... and play with the inflatables! Obrigado! 
  • Options
    Inflated ego. Inflated wages. Go to Miami beach Ronald ... and play with the inflatables! Obrigado! 
    He won't be setting foot in America any time soon
  • Options

No idea when it was recorded but it can't be coincidence that this comes out as domestic football goes on a break and he is out of United and with Portugal so doesn't have to deal with any fall out.

He obviously won't be involved in their games post-world cup and there will surely be an agreement for him to be on his way in January.
    recorded in the last few days ostensibly for TalkTV but its owners and the toxic fat hate peddler with the massive ego they pay so much to peddle toxicity and hate while trying to suck up to anybody who's made a few quid who shall not be named know that 3 men and a dog will be the maximum viewership for their piddly little toxic hate channel they've "previewed" the whole 2 parter in their toxic hate peddling daily red top rag that shall not be named and attempt to delude it's gammon knuckle dragging readership that it's "journalism"
    they all deserve each other toxic hate fomenting echo chamber and the narcissist once capable ball kicker
    Ron will have a couple of current ManUre colleagues in the Portugal squad to negotiate during the "world cup" farago in the broiling despotic sand pit that shall not be named
    With any luck some Uruguayan will give him a proper Uruguayan shoeing in the first game and the grasping ninny limps off into ignominy with only that toxic fat hate peddler's oily commiseration dribbling into his ears

• Options
    You're a strange one.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    You're a strange one.
    That maybe the case but surely you can see the attraction of someone kicking him up in the air in the 1st game ? I would love it tbh 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    AndyG said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    You're a strange one.
    That maybe the case but surely you can see the attraction of someone kicking him up in the air in the 1st game ? I would love it tbh 
    Not really. Of course he's got an ego. He's one of the greatest footballers and athletes of all time. 

The fact is United are shite this season and Ronaldo is trying too hard. Messi was trying too hard for Paris last season and as the season went on he got better.

I have no doubt Ronaldo would still be scoring somewhere that builds their game around him, but is that wise with a 37 year old? I'd even expect him to do well at a club like City. I don't want to see great footballers kicked as the only way to 'deal' with them.

• Options

He needs the money, this is understandable.
  • Options
    I can’t believe some of the critisim above about Ronaldo. He has been playing at the highest level of football for donkeys years and has delivered the goods. I’m not bothering about comparing him with Messi - that’s for fools. But there has to be something going on behind the scene that is causing this unrest. I’ve just seen an excerpt from the interview and Ronaldo says that nothing has really changed there since the Ferguson time? Is this why the team are not progressing? I don’t know the answer but there are many manure followers that are not keen on the American owners. Maybe this has filtered through to the players and it’s only payday for them. The fans will of course see it in a different light. “Glazier out” I hear the cry! There’s a rotten apple laying somewhere in old Trafford and I don’t know what it is. Maybe Ronaldo’s interview might expose something but then again. Fuck off, we’ve enough going on at charlton to be concerned with that circus!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He needs the money, this is understandable.
    We all know top footballers don't need the money, doesn't mean they don't want it.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    You're a strange one.
    Not really. Of course he's got an ego. He's one of the greatest footballers and athletes of all time. 

The fact is United are shite this season and Ronaldo is trying too hard. Messi was trying too hard for Paris last season and as the season went on he got better.

I have no doubt Ronaldo would still be scoring somewhere that builds their game around him, but is that wise with a 37 year old? I'd even expect him to do well at a club like City. I don't want to see great footballers kicked as the only way to 'deal' with them.

Trying too hard? I can only assume you’ve not seen him place this season. 
  • Options
    I reckon he could do a job alongside Stockley.
  • Options
    Ronaldo and Messi.....when they ever get back and help the defence ?

Well what did they ever do for us?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Billy_Mix said:

recorded in the last few days ostensibly for TalkTV but its owners and the toxic fat hate peddler with the massive ego they pay so much to peddle toxicity and hate while trying to suck up to anybody who's made a few quid who shall not be named know that 3 men and a dog will be the maximum viewership for their piddly little toxic hate channel they've "previewed" the whole 2 parter in their toxic hate peddling daily red top rag that shall not be named and attempt to delude it's gammon knuckle dragging readership that it's "journalism"
    they all deserve each other toxic hate fomenting echo chamber and the narcissist once capable ball kicker
    Ron will have a couple of current ManUre colleagues in the Portugal squad to negotiate during the "world cup" farago in the broiling despotic sand pit that shall not be named
    With any luck some Uruguayan will give him a proper Uruguayan shoeing in the first game and the grasping ninny limps off into ignominy with only that toxic fat hate peddler's oily commiseration dribbling into his ears

It's what happens when someone tries too hard with every post they make. They all blend in to one giant 'look at me' rant.
  • Options
    Looked very uncomfortable when Bruno walked in the Portugal dressing room and Ronaldo shook his hand.
  • Options
    Linked with Chelsea (which I believe a little) and Bayern (which I don't) today.

Hooe he signs for Chelsea, as I can't see it working - they proved last season with Lukaku that they don't work with a normal striker and that's what he I'd now, plus Potter's way of playing is all about movement and he just stays around the box screaming at others to pass to him these days.
  • Options
    I think the Piers Morgan 2 hour interview with him gets released tomorrow.

Piers Morgan is the global interviewer. 

He's interviewed killers, politicians, American nut jobs...that old life stories show had a lot on there.

He's even interviewed James corden!

• Options
    Linked with Chelsea (which I believe a little) and Bayern (which I don't) today.

Hooe he signs for Chelsea, as I can't see it working - they proved last season with Lukaku that they don't work with a normal striker and that's what he I'd now, plus Potter's way of playing is all about movement and he just stays around the box screaming at others to pass to him these days.
    We already have one of them…