Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    It did!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
     Ben Sheaf has joined Coventry permanently after a loan spell last year.

Some on here mentioned him as a possible signing last year.

Thought he would have gone to Real Madrid to join Bale.
  • Options
    Coventry have now signed Martyn Waghorn
  • Options
    Millwall have signed George Saville from Middlesbrough

Along with Afobe I dont like the team they're putting together
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Last seasons Matt Smith is joining Doncaster on loan 
    Didn't that happen last summer as well?  
    They're going though our Matt Smiths

The Man City one in 2020/21, the Arsenal one in 2021/22. I wonder who will take Levitt?
  • Options
    Having just signed Heaton on a two year contract and extended Grant's deal, I am still a bit worried Man United aren't going to have enough keepers for the coming season:

De Gea
    Henderson
    Heaton
    Grant
    Kovar
  • Options
    Having just signed Heaton on a two year contract and extended Grant's deal, I am still a bit worried Man United aren't going to have enough keepers for the coming season:

De Gea
    Henderson
    Heaton
    Grant
    Kovar
    Can see De Gea leaving. They won’t be happy paying £350,000 a week to keeper who is sitting on the bench. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

De Gea
    Henderson
    Heaton
    Grant
    Kovar
    Can see De Gea leaving. They won’t be happy paying £350,000 a week to keeper who is sitting on the bench. 
    He is off to sunny Spain......... 
  • Options
    Giving Lee Grant a new contract was just absolutely insane. They've now got 4 senior keepers plus Bishop and Kovar, 2 young keepers who both have third tier experience. Admittedly both will probably be out on loan but just pure stockpiling. Not sure why I bother moaning, it's an obvious issue and has been for some time. 
  • Options
    Giving Lee Grant a new contract was just absolutely insane. They've now got 4 senior keepers plus Bishop and Kovar, 2 young keepers who both have third tier experience. Admittedly both will probably be out on loan but just pure stockpiling. Not sure why I bother moaning, it's an obvious issue and has been for some time. 
    De Gea will surely be on his way, leaving Henderson and Heaton as the first 2 choices. Grant is just there because of the homegrown player ruling (same as Carson at City), he probably won't ever play.

Bishop has gone to Mansfield and Kovar will also be loaned out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder where Amos would have fitted in had he gone there... Or would it have been him signing instead of Heaton
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    iaitch said:
    Is he related to the manager Russell Martin?
    Both from Norwich so they are probably father and son but also brothers!
    I wasn’t quite sure they are from Norwich so I felt to need to google pictures of their hands….I can confirm they both have 6 fingers on each hand, so definitely from Norwich. 
  • Options
    De Gea will surely be on his way, leaving Henderson and Heaton as the first 2 choices. Grant is just there because of the homegrown player ruling (same as Carson at City), he probably won't ever play.

United hardly need a home grown 3rd keeper just to bump up the numbers though, their squad has always had plenty of English players. I suppose the logic is that it's better to have a veteran 3rd keeper rather than inhibiting the development of their youngsters who can instead be loaned out. AMB for example needed loaning out last season

Heaton I guess will be there as a very good No 2 to Henderson, someone good enough to really push him
  • Options
    I don't get why they have Grant and Heaton both on the books. Seems very odd.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I don't get why they have Grant and Heaton both on the books. Seems very odd.
    Nice work for Lee Grant though.  A million or two a year to play a bit in training.

English 3rd choice goalkeeper at a big club is such a cushy way to finish a career.
  • Options

Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Shaw, Jones, Rashford, James, they have enough homegrown players. Plus the rules don't mean you have to have a certain number of English players, it's just you can have a maximum of 17 foreigners. So they don't have to have a 4th choice keeper for the sake of it. Admittedly makes sense if De Gea goes but I don't think he will. 
  • Options

Where do they get the money from?.
  • Options

Where do they get the money from?.
    Afobe is only on loan; Saville (as BBW says above)
  • Options
    Thomas released by AFCW. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thomas released by AFCW. 
    Terrell Thomas? Would he want to come back, that's the question, seemed a half decent player but was a victim of not standing out in what was a star studded academy team at the time
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thomas released by AFCW. 
    Terrell Thomas? Would he want to come back, that's the question, seemed a half decent player but was a victim of not standing out in what was a star studded academy team at the time
    Going to championship with Hull. Always felt it was a mistake to let him go.
  • Options
    is Afobe a good signing now? Not scored more than 10 in a season for a few years now
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thomas released by AFCW. 
    I never knew Wimbledon had kidnapped Thomas Sandgaard
  • Options
    Barcelona have offered to release Miralem Pjanic on a free transfer having only signed him last year

Now THAT is what you call Pjanic buying!!1
  • Options

Really pleased with our business so far.

Long, Ballard, Afobe and Saville.

Saville, incidentally enough, is only costing us 500k due to Boro still having an outstanding £1M instalment to pay us from his £8M transfer deal a few years back.

Just need Jed Wallace to sign a new deal and get Delap in from Man City.
    So he's costing you 1.5m then because you're not getting the 1m back they owe you from before?

If you sign Delap i'd be seriously worried that you might get promotion. One of the best young strikers in the country and i guess most of the championship want to sign him.
  • Options

Really pleased with our business so far.

Long, Ballard, Afobe and Saville.

Saville, incidentally enough, is only costing us 500k due to Boro still having an outstanding £1M instalment to pay us from his £8M transfer deal a few years back.

Just need Jed Wallace to sign a new deal and get Delap in from Man City.
    So he's costing you 1.5m then because you're not getting the 1m back they owe you from before?

If you sign Delap i'd be seriously worried that you might get promotion. One of the best young strikers in the country and i guess most of the championship want to sign him.
    Suppose so, yeah. Profit of approximately £6M on him as we initially bought him for £500k and sold him for £8M. Great business for us and Saville is someone we never really replaced properly.

Re Delap, you're right. Pretty much a who's who of Championship clubs are after him but stranger things have happened. Am hoping that Rowett will be having a word in his dads ear as they know each other very well.
  • Options
    Yeah i think Delap was a coach when Rowett was Derby manager so they're obviously good mates.

Wonder what happens in a situation like that though. Does an 18 year old kid get much of a say or does he go wherever City tell him he's going?

Superb talent though, i reckon he'll be in the England U21s by the end of next season.
  • Options
    Yeah i think Delap was a coach when Rowett was Derby manager so they're obviously good mates.

Wonder what happens in a situation like that though. Does an 18 year old kid get much of a say or does he go wherever City tell him he's going?

Superb talent though, i reckon he'll be in the England U21s by the end of next season.
    Probably the latter, I'd have thought. Even if it was the former, we're hardly a desirable club. Wasn't a bad learning curve for one Harry Kane, though, so am clinging to that one irrelevant, unconnected piece of optimism  :D
  • Options
    Manchesster United have created some space for signing veteran keepers by releasing 20 year old Jacob Carney to the Mackems .