Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Do we need the "non-charlton" bit in the title? 😂
  • Richard J said:
    Paul Smyth joins Orient. 

And some people wanted us to re-sign him. Bonkers. League 2 is probably his level. 
  • I was baffled why we seemed so keen to bring Paul Smyth in, even when we were in the Championship

That even the likes of Accrington didn't want to keep him says it all
  • I was baffled why we seemed so keen to bring Paul Smyth in, even when we were in the Championship

Maybe they did, but long term he could have seen his future remaining in London

Orient are certainly bringing in some decent additions this summer

Did we really want him in the Championship? Or was that just Bowyer/Gallen talking him up after he did sign?
  • Scoham said:
    I was baffled why we seemed so keen to bring Paul Smyth in, even when we were in the Championship

Did we really want him in the Championship? Or was that just Bowyer/Gallen talking him up after he did sign?
    I am sure it was mentioned in January 2020 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    I was baffled why we seemed so keen to bring Paul Smyth in, even when we were in the Championship

When our situation meant we could sign superstars such as David Davis and one of the Matt Smiths...
  • Nathan Baxter the young Chelsea keeper who was with Accrington last season has joined Hull on a season long loan. 
  • Scoham said:

Gallen said that we had tried to sign him on a couple of occasions. This was said after we had signed him so probably said to make it look like we reeeaaalllly wanted him.  You never know these days.....people talk so much crap & say things they think you want to hear. 

All I know is that what I saw of him he wasn't very good. 
  • Where would Grealish fit in that City side anyway? They're not exactly short of creative midfielders
    If you're paying 100m for Grealish then he'll be starting, so will De Bruyne, and Foden is the golden boy. Then they also have Sterling/Bernardo/Mahrez and Ferran Torres. 7 top class attacking midfielders for 3-4 positions doesn't go so I wonder if they'll use 1 of Sterling/Mahrez/Bernardo as a makeweight in a deal for Kane, or if those players (quite likely) won't want go to Spurs, then sell 1 of them to help fund the deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reported this on the rumours page because it may have a domino effect on MacGillivray.

Portsmouth are close to signing Gavin Bazunu from Man City on loan. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

When our situation meant we could sign superstars such as David Davis and one of the Matt Smiths...
    I think it was in the context that we couldn't get him for "reasons" that weren't then public.  It may have been February or March once it started to go tits up. 
  • Jorge Grant off to Posh apparently
  • Is David out the country then?
  • Left Back Amari Bell is joining Luton from Blackburn. 
  • edited June 2021
    Ipswich sign Bonne on loan

Will be interesting to see if he’s a starter for them.

Also shows how good our business was with QPR
  • Lewis Page to Gills looking likely. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Ipswich sign Bonne on loan

Will be interesting to see if he’s a starter for them.

Also shows how good our business was with QPR
    But no one is doing loans yet, disgraceful behaviour!!!

:wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Ryan Tunnicliffe joins Portsmouth 
  • Patson Daka is set to sign for Leicester by the looks of things.

Scored 54-goals in 82-games for Red Bull Salzburg, Haaland of course scored 17-goals in 16-games for them.

Could be a great signing if he can handle the Premier League, certainly one to replace Vardy in the future 
  • Penny, the left back who left the massive and the kepper from Salford should sign for Ipswich today. 
  • Stoke have agreed a deal to sign Jack Bonham from Gillingham what with his contract ending
  • Scott Fraser strongly linked with Wigan, if he goes there then they are building a very good team on paper that should not be 20/1 to win the league.
  • Scott Fraser strongly linked with Wigan, if he goes there then they are building a very good team on paper that should not be 20/1 to win the league.
    Fee agreed, medical passed, back at MK Dons to think it over, according to the other thread.  Still a good bet for a top half finish as to are Bolton. 
  • Jonathan Obika joins Morecambe from St Mirren.

Josh Scowen returns to his original club Wycombe after a season at Sunderland. 
  • Fernandinho signs for another year at City
  • edited June 2021

Crewe Alexandra have slapped a £1million price tag on young forward Owen Dale this summer, according to reports.

There were reports last weekend that Ipswich Town, Portsmouth and Wycombe Wanderers are interested in a move for the 22-year-old, while Sunderland are also believed to be keeping an eye on Dale.

• edited June 2021

Crewe Alexandra have slapped a £1million price tag on young forward Owen Dale this summer, according to reports.

There were reports last weekend that Ipswich Town, Portsmouth and Wycombe Wanderers are interested in a move for the 22-year-old, while Sunderland are also believed to be keeping an eye on Dale.

I don't think that's expensive tbh if he was ours and we flogged him for a million their would be bed wetting aplenty.