Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    I never said dont pay the bills mate. The stadium will have been built with a planned repayment budget and I bet it isnt 100 odd million this year. The danger is Levy has form for looking after shareholders which is why he is still there. How much of the Bale transfer money went back into the squad ?
    Anything in any of this to back that up?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01706358/filing-history

Of the Bale money, which was about £80 million, give or take, they spent about £120 million of it!  Badly, but they still spent it.

Levy's job, and legal obligation, is provide value to his share holders.  Which he has, largely done, which as you say is why he is still in his job.  Spurs's share holders don't "trouser" money like United or Arsenal's owners do.  They don't put much/any in either but that's a different argument all together.

Like I said, where is the evidence for your claim? 
    Definitely cannot say they didn't spend the Bale money, just like you say, badly. No idea if history will repeat itself, but I fully expect Spurs to spend a few quid if they sell Kane. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Billy Gillmour having a medical at Norwich ahead of a season long loan (not that anyone is doing loans yet).  Might kick start a bit of movement. 
    Excellent, Palace are 4th favourites for relegation behind the 3 promoted teams.
  • Options

• Options

I had completely forgotten he even existed. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    I never said dont pay the bills mate. The stadium will have been built with a planned repayment budget and I bet it isnt 100 odd million this year. The danger is Levy has form for looking after shareholders which is why he is still there. How much of the Bale transfer money went back into the squad ?
    Anything in any of this to back that up?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01706358/filing-history

Of the Bale money, which was about £80 million, give or take, they spent about £120 million of it!  Badly, but they still spent it.

Levy's job, and legal obligation, is provide value to his share holders.  Which he has, largely done, which as you say is why he is still in his job.  Spurs's share holders don't "trouser" money like United or Arsenal's owners do.  They don't put much/any in either but that's a different argument all together.

Like I said, where is the evidence for your claim? 
    Definitely cannot say they didn't spend the Bale money, just like you say, badly. No idea if history will repeat itself, but I fully expect Spurs to spend a few quid if they sell Kane. 
    The problem for a club like Spurs is that they have say £100m to spend, and all the prices quoted go up

And not being in the CL, most decent players won't be interested. Unless you pay them silly wages...
  • Options
    I know things arent as transparent in the real world but I sometimes wonder if the big clubs should put fake bids in for Sancho and Haaland etc. and then wait and see if Dortmund put in bids for their replacements.

If I were Man Utd, Id then drop my bid for Sancho and go for that cheaper alternative :D
    Or poach Dortmund’s scouting team
  • Options
    ESPN are reporting that Man Utd are closing in on a deal for Varane
  • Options

Pending wages :wink:
  • Options
    Going to be awkward if Sancho rejects any terms :D
  • Options
    Josh Martin signs for MK Dons on loan from Norwich. (Someone on here mentioned him on here last week)
    Good signing for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he related to the manager Russell Martin?
  • Options
    Very good.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    You've got to love the level of some teams / leagues

Gone from League One relegation to a team that finished five points off a Europa League spot

Good luck to him
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Goalkeeper: Gavin Bazanu has joined Portsmouth on loan

Previously mentioned on here

Highly rated Man City youngster, already has caps for Ireland after a loan with Rochdale last season
  • Options

Highly rated Man City youngster, already has caps for Ireland after a loan with Rochdale last season
    Stanley have signed a keeper on loan from City as well, how many have they got...... 
  • Options

Accrington also took a young Man City keeper James Trafford on loan today .
  • Options

Doesn't look like he did too well at Rochdale so surely going to be a bench warmer for them.

He conceded 55 times in 29 games for Rochdale and they conceded 23 times in 17 games when he didn't play.
  • Options
     Ben Sheaf has joined Coventry permanently after a loan spell last year.

Some on here mentioned him as a possible signing last year.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peterborough have re-signed Jack Marriott on a three year deal
  • Options
    Billy Gilmour has signed for Norwich on loan - Hope everyone keeps their distance
  • Options
    Southend goalie Mark Oxley has joined Harrogate.

I had wondered about him as an experienced number two for us. He was linked with us a few years back . 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57694619

Tom Heaton rejoins Man U on a 2 year contract 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I always thought Sid Nelson had a name that sounded like a Millwall player, a perfect fit. You know he’s a tough defensive player who loves a tackle without even knowing what he looks like.

That doesn’t work for Daniel Ballard. Ballard sounds like Mallard. A Mallard is a duck. Ducking out of challenges isn’t something you ever see in a Millwall player.

If you don’t have a name for Millwall just tell the fans you love smashing people.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I always thought Sid Nelson had a name that sounded like a Millwall player, a perfect fit. You know he’s a tough defensive player who loves a tackle without even knowing what he looks like.

That doesn’t work for Daniel Ballard. Ballard sounds like Mallard. A Mallard is a duck. Ducking out of challenges isn’t something you ever see in a Millwall player.

If you don’t have a name for Millwall just tell the fans you love smashing people.
    Sid Nelson and Billy Mitchell don't really sound like they could play for anyone else do they? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
     Ben Sheaf has joined Coventry permanently after a loan spell last year.

Some on here mentioned him as a possible signing last year.

His Dad is a teacher at a school in the Bexley Borough. 
  • Options
    Last seasons Matt Smith is joining Doncaster on loan