Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Quite the difference between people in the profession of football and those outside. He has scored 15 goals in over 100 games for Crewe, but clearly a lot of teams see great potential.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Quite the difference between people in the profession of football and those outside. He has scored 15 goals in over 100 games for Crewe, but clearly a lot of teams see great potential.
    Dale ? .. and of course 2 of them were against us at the Valley, potentially depriving us of a play off spot
  • Options
    on the basis of that one performance at The Valley I'd say sign him for 1m but that is only one game mind.
  • Options
    Owen Dale was brilliant for Crewe at the back end of the season. A million seems too much to me, 500k with promotion clauses and a sell on sounds more fair 
  • Options
    Owen Dale was brilliant for Crewe at the back end of the season. A million seems too much to me, 500k with promotion clauses and a sell on sounds more fair 
    All other things being equal (no ESI nonsense) would you have been happy with a million for Doughty last summer or would you accept half and some on the never never? 
  • Options
    Matt Penney signs for Ipswich (previously linked with us)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    Ballad to millwall confirmed, we'll by Cawley so close enough. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just being the Brentford of Peterborough these days
  • Options
    A big blow to one of our L1 rivals, being positive
  • Options
    Ex Luton left back Brendan Galloway on trial at Plymouth.

Good player but has a similar injury record to Lewis Page. 
  • Options
    Xavier Amaechi joins Bolton on 6 month loan from Hamburg.  
  • Options
    Billy Bodin to Oxford.

McGeady signs a new deal with the Mackems. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Billy Gillmour having a medical at Norwich ahead of a season long loan (not that anyone is doing loans yet).  Might kick start a bit of movement. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Billy Gillmore having a medical at Norwich ahead of a season long loan (not that anyone is doing loans yet).  Might kick start a bit of movement. 
    Do you mean Chelsea’s Billy Gilmour? If so great signing for the Canaries.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Billy Gillmore having a medical at Norwich ahead of a season long loan (not that anyone is doing loans yet).  Might kick start a bit of movement. 
    Yup I blame the typo on Happy :-) 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yup I blame the typo on Happy :-) 
    Still wrong, that's Gilmore ;)
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Xavier Amaechi joins Bolton on 6 month loan from Hamburg.  
    I'd never heard of him, but he's another of the young British players who moved to play in Germany
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Major rebuild will be required at Spurs I think. Not a chance Kane was staying whoever took the managers job imo. He wants to win trophies and although tbh I would like to see Spurs do well they are not anywhere near doing that. That lost that opportunity when Poch went I feel. The best outcome for them now is they get a massive lump of £ for Kane and use that to build. Hopefully they get money to spend and the cash doesnt get trousered 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Major rebuild will be required at Spurs I think. Not a chance Kane was staying whoever took the managers job imo. He wants to win trophies and although tbh I would like to see Spurs do well they are not anywhere near doing that. That lost that opportunity when Poch went I feel. The best outcome for them now is they get a massive lump of £ for Kane and use that to build. Hopefully they get money to spend and the cash doesnt get trousered 
    By trousered do you mean uses to pay for the stadium? 
  • Options
    No i mean paid out to shareholders 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    No i mean paid out to shareholders 
    So who pays for the stadium? 
  • Options
    I never said dont pay the bills mate. The stadium will have been built with a planned repayment budget and I bet it isnt 100 odd million this year. The danger is Levy has form for looking after shareholders which is why he is still there. How much of the Bale transfer money went back into the squad ?
  • Options
    Will be good to see Sancho playing in the UK. No doubt he'll be in the England starting XI by the end of the year now too!
  • Options
    I know things arent as transparent in the real world but I sometimes wonder if the big clubs should put fake bids in for Sancho and Haaland etc. and then wait and see if Dortmund put in bids for their replacements.

If I were Man Utd, Id then drop my bid for Sancho and go for that cheaper alternative :D
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I never said dont pay the bills mate. The stadium will have been built with a planned repayment budget and I bet it isnt 100 odd million this year. The danger is Levy has form for looking after shareholders which is why he is still there. How much of the Bale transfer money went back into the squad ?
    Anything in any of this to back that up?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01706358/filing-history

Of the Bale money, which was about £80 million, give or take, they spent about £120 million of it!  Badly, but they still spent it.

Levy's job, and legal obligation, is provide value to his share holders.  Which he has, largely done, which as you say is why he is still in his job.  Spurs's share holders don't "trouser" money like United or Arsenal's owners do.  They don't put much/any in either but that's a different argument all together.

Like I said, where is the evidence for your claim?