Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    It's always mystified me why Townsend's career somewhat plateaued. This is someone who for a period of time was a regular in England squads, and it's not  as if injuries have taken their toll
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Andrew Shinnie playing in Scottish premier but can’t get in a very average charlton team in league 1 I wonder which coach had shit in their eyes🤨?
    Both Bowyer and Adkins (for different reasons admittedly) seem to prefer midfielders who are more dynamic than Shinnie.
  • Options
    It has been a quieter week in League One this week with only 15 transfers across the division. 10 free transfers, 4 loans and 1 undisclosed fee. Rotherham have finally made a signing and Sheffield Wednesday are up to three now. 

https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/07/18/league-one-transfer-round-up-12th-18th-july/
    Interesting that only 3 clubs have signed more than 1 player for a fee. 
    I suspect it is a combination of Covid wrecking club finances (particularly at our level) and the fact that contracts tend to be shorter the further down the pyramid you go, therefore there are more free agents available each summer than at the top of the game. 
  • Options
    Jack Harrison from Man Citee to Leeds after long term loan .. £11 million (reported) fee makes the  values placed on some others look ridiculous
  • Options
    Jordan Henderson to PSG is gaining some momentum. 
  • Options
    Jack Harrison from Man Citee to Leeds after long term loan .. £11 million (reported) fee makes the  values placed on some others look ridiculous
    I suppose a fee like that is why Chelsea hold on to 20-30 young players and loan them out every season. Keep hold of them and then sell for £10m+ with them having never played for first team or even youth/u23s in some cases.
  • Options
    Dion Sanderson has gone to Brum on loan.  That's good because it means he won't be going to Sunderland 
  • Options
    I suppose a fee like that is why Chelsea hold on to 20-30 young players and loan them out every season. Keep hold of them and then sell for £10m+ with them having never played for first team or even youth/u23s in some cases.
    The Harrison fee is a bargain though, in modern football times. I assume it was set before the last loan to Leeds, when it wasn't obvious whether he could hack it in the PL, as he's definitely worth more than that now
  • Options
    The Harrison fee is a bargain though, in modern football times. I assume it was set before the last loan to Leeds, when it wasn't obvious whether he could hack it in the PL, as he's definitely worth more than that now
    Yes.

Leeds tried to sign him permanently last summer but couldn’t afford him at the time on top of their other outlays of Rodrigo and Koch for example.

They also had the luxury of making it a loan signing so a permanent deal wasn’t essential.

They had a preliminary deal agreed with Man City at the time of that loan of a future fee.

The reason it’s taken this long to be finalised is because they were renegotiating, be it the instalments or the length of contract for Harrison for example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo53 said:
    Andrew Shinnie playing in Scottish premier but can’t get in a very average charlton team in league 1 I wonder which coach had shit in their eyes🤨?
    Scottish Prem isn't exactly a strong league when you take Rangers and Celtic out. 
    The level of the Scottish Prem outside the Old Firm will forever be determined by the fact that Aberdeen (who had finished 2nd that season) sold their top scorer to Salford (then in the National league). Whilst Salford were obviously paying way more than other sides at the level, for a player to go from a top 3 side in Scotland to English non-league just shows how good the rest of the league is.

Outside of Rangers and Celtic, the rest of the SPL is pathetic and most sides probably would struggle in league one and some would be league 2.
  • Options
    I see Spurs are linked with an Italian keeper today.

Suspect Pope is staying at Burnley. 
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Scottish Prem isn't exactly a strong league when you take Rangers and Celtic out. 
    The level of the Scottish Prem outside the Old Firm will forever be determined by the fact that Aberdeen (who had finished 2nd that season) sold their top scorer to Salford (then in the National league). Whilst Salford were obviously paying way more than other sides at the level, for a player to go from a top 3 side in Scotland to English non-league just shows how good the rest of the league is.

Outside of Rangers and Celtic, the rest of the SPL is pathetic and most sides probably would struggle in league one and some would be league 2.
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    Well there’s rumours circulating about Gylfi Sigurdsson right now…
  • Options
    Is it definitely him? I saw a story on the Sun tonight about a Premier league player being arrested on Friday but it didn't name him or his club but the club in question confirmed a player had been suspended pending further investigation 
  • Options
    Is it definitely him? I saw a story on the Sun tonight about a Premier league player being arrested on Friday but it didn't name him or his club but the club in question confirmed a player had been suspended pending further investigation 
    Not definitely. It's Greater Manchester police which in theory limits who it could be. Few rumours of Kyle Walker (I believe wholly based on the fact that he's the only 31 year old playing for either Manchester club) and Sigurdsson. I actually saw a few rumours about Sigurdsson over the weekend but thought some 13 year old virgin had made it up. 

Either way, I think we all need to exercise caution as the player is not publicly known so allegations should be avoided. 
  • Options
    A few online articles have mentioned Gylfi Sigurdsson, maybe putting two and two together but bloody disgusting if true! 
  • Options
    Crystal Palace have signed highly-rated Peterborough teenager Adler Nascimento.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/crystal-palace-clinch-deal-for-young-peterborough-striker/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    A few online articles have mentioned Gylfi Sigurdsson, maybe putting two and two together but bloody disgusting if true! 
    Yep Gylfi Sigurdsson has definitely been arrested. Adam Brown? Whoever he is seems insistent that it is in relation to child sex offences. I am not saying this is the case, but he has made the allegation on YouTube. He described it as 'allegedly Adam Johnson mark 2'
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    It’s a 31 year old that plays for Everton. Can only possibly be him or Fabian Delph.
  • Options
    It feels that the PL transfer market is finally hotting up. Brighton receiving £50m for White for example will filter down the chain
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said

Adam Brown? 
    Do you mean Adam Pearson? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Is it wise discussing if its a police matter, especially if the reason hasnt been confirmed, nor the player.

Lets not make whoever it is, guilty by Social Media
    Agreed, especially as I have finally found the Adam Brown bloke who has been making the allegations on a channel called "Football with Browney". I am not sure I'd believe a word out of his mouth!
  • Options
    clive said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/crystal-palace-clinch-deal-for-young-peterborough-striker/
    It looks like they're doing good business this summer unfortunately.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Really? They have lost loads of player and only signed a couple of kids from the championship & a goalie from Sunderland.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    RedRobin said:
    It’s a 31 year old that plays for Everton. Can only possibly be him or Fabian Delph.
    And Delph played for Everton on Saturday (the day after the arrest) which is what has led people to guess Gylfi.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Is that another Charlton life joke that I don’t get?