Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Don't forget,

I gave them everyfing.  o:)
  • Options
    Lewis Page has signed for Harrogate Town!.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Going to be a big year for Solskjaer if the rumours are true...

Talk of Varane and Trippier signing for Man Utd next week

Expectations are going to be upon him a bit like they were for Lampard last season if so
    I got get why they want Trippier, not that I don't think he is good, but right back is far from their biggest problem. 
    Great buy for the price he's available for (less than 20m), adds competition and means Wan Bissaka doesn't have to play every game.
  • Options
    Ben White to Arsenal for £50m
    As soon as Arsenal made an approach Brighton said they wanted £50m - reportedly 3 bids later they agree. Good to see them standing their ground, passing up lower offers and eventually getting the figure they valued him at.
  • Options
    As soon as Arsenal made an approach Brighton said they wanted £50m - reportedly 3 bids later they agree. Good to see them standing their ground, passing up lower offers and eventually getting the figure they valued him at.
    A year ago (22 July 2020) White smacked in the crucial first goal as Leeds relegated us...
  • Options
    Not bad from going on loan to a Championship Club, to a seasons in the Premier League to moving to Arsenal for £50m.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    well overpriced ..  BUT that's the going rate for just above average players moving from smaller to the bigger prem outfits .. incidentally, Brighton have just signed a 6' 8", 21 year old Dutch goalkeeper .. keepers are getting bigger and bigger, soon need the goals to be made higher and wider ((:>)
  • Options
    Absolutely bonkers.

If Ben White is worth 50m, how much would a Cannavaro or a Jaap Stam go for these days???
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Absolutely bonkers.

If Ben White is worth 50m, how much would a Cannavaro or a Jaap Stam go for these days???
    Probably not as much as you think, English players moving within the Premier league always go for a premium.
  • Options
    Plus Arsenal after the last few seasons need to start showing intent. Plenty of fan unrest and I suspect Arteta wouldnt hang around to be a mid table manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    arny23394 said:
    Absolutely bonkers.

Probably not as much as you think, English players moving within the Premier league always go for a premium.
    This is 2 years old now so a bit out of date.  But assuming the top end trend has continued Rio would have cost about 150 million when he went from Leeds to Man United.  Stam would have been about 40 million in todays money but would be significantly less than Rio because of who the selling club was. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theshortfuse.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/5/10/18564736/xgunners-historical-transfer-inflation-transfer-records-top-transfers

The White transfer is probably also inflated because if they didn't buy him who else could they buy?  Cody would probably cost about the same and Mings a lot more as Villa wouldn't want to sell.
  • Options
    They should suggest swapping Mings for Smith Rowe, maybe that will shut Villa up.
  • Options
    Giroud .. from Chelsea to A C Milan .. will Abraham now stay with 'the (well paid) Pensioners' ?
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Absolutely bonkers.

23 year old ball playing centre back who's just made his England debut. His price is only going up. 50m might seem a lot but ultimately it's not that much for an English player with the potential to be at the heart of their defence for years.

The only surprise for me is that the likes of City/Chelsea/United haven't bid for him. If he does well for Arsenal they'll be trying to buy him for 80m in a couple of years.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Absolutely bonkers.

23 year old ball playing centre back who's just made his England debut. His price is only going up. 50m might seem a lot but ultimately it's not that much for an English player with the potential to be at the heart of their defence for years.

The only surprise for me is that the likes of City/Chelsea/United haven't bid for him. If he does well for Arsenal they'll be trying to buy him for 80m in a couple of years.
    I suspect that the clubs you mention are looking for taller central defenders than White who is 6' .. his longer term future could well be in defensive midfield or right back/wing back
  • Options
    Giroud .. from Chelsea to A C Milan .. will Abraham now stay with 'the (well paid) Pensioners' ?
    Believe Abraham is 100% leaving and not in Tuchel’s plans at all.

Think they’re holding out for a large sum of money (because he’s young and English) and hoping that a side outside the so called big 6 come in for him.

Personally think West Ham would be a good fit as Antonio is not a striker and they need a striker.
  • Options
    A year ago (22 July 2020) White smacked in the crucial first goal as Leeds relegated us...
    First goal was hardly "crucial" - In one of the most thrilling performances I've seen from a Championship club, Leeds tore us apart and won 4-0!

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Sage said:
    Believe Abraham is 100% leaving and not in Tuchel’s plans at all.

Think they’re holding out for a large sum of money (because he’s young and English) and hoping that a side outside the so called big 6 come in for him.

Personally think West Ham would be a good fit as Antonio is not a striker and they need a striker.
    Probably as well because they'll no doubt want to try and get Haaland.

A return to Aston Villa alongside Watkins (as he's often played the wider role in a front three) wouldnt be a bad shout either
  • Options
    First goal was hardly "crucial" - In one of the most thrilling performances I've seen from a Championship club, Leeds tore us apart and won 4-0!

and this after we beat them at the Valley 1-0  much earlier in the season, 28/9/2019 .. great performance from us .. only one starter from that game and two on the bench are still with us .. shows the large turnover of players in modern football 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It has been a quieter week in League One this week with only 15 transfers across the division. 10 free transfers, 4 loans and 1 undisclosed fee. Rotherham have finally made a signing and Sheffield Wednesday are up to three now. 

https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/07/18/league-one-transfer-round-up-12th-18th-july/
  • Options
    Andrew Shinnie is returning to Scotland with Livingston. 
  • Options

Until they scored the first goal, there was always the chance we could hold them 0-0 and that at some point they  might have eased off a bit
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Andrew Shinnie is returning to Scotland with Livingston. 
    He's better than that, would have loved him back
  • Options
    It has been a quieter week in League One this week with only 15 transfers across the division. 10 free transfers, 4 loans and 1 undisclosed fee. Rotherham have finally made a signing and Sheffield Wednesday are up to three now. 

https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/07/18/league-one-transfer-round-up-12th-18th-july/
    Interesting that only 3 clubs have signed more than 1 player for a fee. 
  • Options
    Andros Townsend to Everton seems a strange one? 
  • Options
    Andrew Shinnie playing in Scottish premier but can’t get in a very average charlton team in league 1 I wonder which coach had shit in their eyes🤨?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Andros Townsend to Everton seems a strange one? 
    Worked under Rafa before and is what I would call an 'honest' player. Certainly not to be sniffed at as a squad player outside the big 6.

The other interesting one is Demarai Gray. 1.5 million as well apparently, could be a real coup if they can get the best out of him
  • Options
    Palace sign Mark Guehi from Chelsea.

BBC Sport quote the player as saying "It's a great opportunity for me to come to such a big club in the Premier League".

Obvious he doesn't know much about the Premier League.
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Andrew Shinnie playing in Scottish premier but can’t get in a very average charlton team in league 1 I wonder which coach had shit in their eyes🤨?
    Scottish Prem isn't exactly a strong league when you take Rangers and Celtic out.