Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Hmmmm surely not Lincoln bending the rules again
    Bending what rules?
  • Get in Lincoln!
  • edited May 2021
    Lincoln goal is what pisses me off about us. Keeper saves then you need a proper clearance not a wishy washy header to advancing forwards. The defender needed the composure and awareness to know he could clear by booting it. If you do head it, don't head it centrally.
  • aliwibble said:
    Do Lincoln sound an air raid siren every time they get a corner? I don't remember them doing that when we played them there.
    Yep.

There weren’t any fans there then was there? 
  • Boom said:
    Hmmmm surely not Lincoln bending the rules again
    Bending what rules?
    Upgrading their goalkeeper in the week by using the emergency loan system.

They were able to bring in England U21 keeper Bursik who has already played for Stoke, Doncaster and Peterborough this season.
  • Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

They were able to bring in England U21 keeper Bursik who has already played for Stoke, Doncaster and Peterborough this season.
    Plus they re-arranged our game for no reason. Didn't matter in the end obviously and we won the game anyway.
  • Massive save from Bursik to deny McGeady
  • Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

What’s the emergency loan system supposed to be used for then?

Not sure why it’s beneficial for Lincoln that he’s played for 3 other teams this season?
  • Hope Blackpool beat whichever of these two get to the final. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

Plus they re-arranged our game for no reason. Didn't matter in the end obviously and we won the game anyway.
    No reason? Ah the old Golfie conspiracy theory.
  • edited May 2021
    Boom said:
    Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

Not sure why it’s beneficial for Lincoln that he’s played for 3 other teams this season?
    Because in an ordinary season a player cant play for more than two clubs regardless if the player is on emergency loan or not - Why despite being a COVID season is it so drastically different? - If its been relaxed why not allow three clubs instead of however many you want

The fact that Alex Palmer hasnt been in form, you could question if they're "claiming" if he's got concussion so they could bring in a better Goalkeeper that shouldnt be available.

Or are there no other Goalkeepers available who havent played for multiple clubs?
  • It's hard to believe this is the same Mcgeady that we had lol
  • If Lincoln stay down they will sell players and be shit next season so don't want them going up.
  • Oh dear Sunderland...
  • Boom said:
    Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

Because in an ordinary season a player cant play for more than two clubs regardless if the player is on emergency loan or not - Why despite being a COVID season is it so drastically different? - If its been relaxed why not allow three clubs instead of however many you want

The fact that Alex Palmer hasnt been in form, you could question if they're "claiming" if he's got concussion so they could bring in a better Goalkeeper that shouldnt be available.

Or are there no other Goalkeepers available who havent played for multiple clubs?
    I don’t know, but as far as I’m aware, Lincoln don’t make the rules.

Anyway - fucking get in!!!!
  • Boom said:
    Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

Lincoln training ground reopened and all players returned on the same day our game was supposed to be played.

To be honest there's been a million things that have gone in Lincolns favour this year, from the salary cap debacle to the emergency loan system described above. I have no doubt they wouldn't have made the play offs without the assistance. 
  • 2-0!  Dreadful defensive mistake.  Absolutely shocking.
  • Boom said:
    Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

Lincoln training ground reopened and all players returned on the same day our game was supposed to be played.

To be honest there's been a million things that have gone in Lincolns favour this year, from the salary cap debacle to the emergency loan system described above. I have no doubt they wouldn't have made the play offs without the assistance. 
    The main thing that has gone in their favour that didn't go in ours is that they played better than we did, mostly, and as we made it to 7th the playoffs is the most justifiable place for them.
  • Boom said:
    Boom said:
    Bending what rules?

Righto.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't mind Sunderland going up but misery for Lee Johnson would also be quite nice

This is how I feel as well. Wouldn't mind Sunderland going up with any other manager but Lee Johnson is why I don't want them to get promoted. Can't stand the man 
  • It’s got to be Blackpool’s year.Sunderland’s form has been dire of late and all that second goal has done Is put another nail in the coffin.… Destined for another season in league one
  • Regarding the goalie issue, the commentators said that Lincoln's 2nd choice keeper ( a young one, I think) has been on the bench for 45 games this season...but seems wasn't deemed "good enough" to play tonight. Surely that doesn't fit in the emergency goalie rules ? 

Please tell me if I'm wrong. 

Thinking if this was us, would we play AMB or go for an emergency loan ? 
    Exactly. They haven’t broken any rules technically but you can’t argue that on at least a couple of occasions this year they’ve bent the rules at the expense of the rest of the league.
  • https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/fergie-defends-the-use-of-a-loan-goalkeeper-over-one-who-has-waited-patiently-for-a-chance-at-posh-all-season-3194332

Posh actually had another keeper when they signed Bursik, but he's played less than 5 EFL matches so they were allowed to bring in an emergency loan

Indeed, we could have done the same if Amos had been injured
  • As the BBC puts it

There's no jubilation from Michael Appleton by the way, he's still as steel-eyed, Terminator-esque in his expression as he was at 0-0.

Cue the photo...

• edited May 2021
    Again, poor defending. Keeper will get pelters but Lincoln player was close to Flanagan and running faster than the back pass. Had the back pass been harder it would have been harder to deal with. The composure you want to see is the defender booting it out due to an awareness of the threat!
  • Regarding the goalie issue, the commentators said that Lincoln's 2nd choice keeper ( a young one, I think) has been on the bench for 45 games this season...but seems wasn't deemed "good enough" to play tonight. Surely that doesn't fit in the emergency goalie rules ? 

Please tell me if I'm wrong. 

Thinking if this was us, would we play AMB or go for an emergency loan ? 
    I thought that you could only loan someone if two recognised goalies were injured .

As I understand it AMB is our second recognised keeper .
  • edited May 2021
    Boom said:
    Are Lincoln up to their old tricks again? - @paulie8290 has just sent me a link

Their on-loan Goalkeeper: Alex Palmer has got concussion so have signed Josef Bursik on emergency loan in his place.

He'll have played for FOUR clubs this season: Stoke | Doncaster | Peterborough... now Lincoln

He was the bloke who saved the Stockley's penalty
    Certainly suspicious .. Palmer started the season in great form but lately, from the short clips I have seen, he has been making mistakes and his defenders are forever bollocking him .. he looks to have lost a lot of confidence

Today we have Lincoln v Sunderland and Tranmere v Morecambe .. both first legs
    Old tricks? Suspicious? Presumably the short clips you’ve seen have been when  the oppo have scored - or are you regularly watching Lincoln games?

Do you honestly think we would fake a head injury for a keeper that’s played nearly all games this season (and had a really good season at that) so we can bring in a keeper for the play offs that’s never played with the rest of the team?

How on earth would that be advantageous?
    Well they conned the EFL to have our game called off even though it was outside the 10 day protocol. At the time they had a load if injuries (including their top goalscorer) as well as being in a run of bad form.

So yes, they have form for "dodgy" practices when necessary. 

PS.....

And if we had VAR they would not have scored their 1st goal against us at their place early on in the season. Not only a VERY dodgy penalty but the goal was yards offside.

But I'm like the Murphy's.......