Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• edited May 2021
    Would take an away day in Newport. Hole of a place, but a good laugh on the beers and an overnight stay in Cardiff.
  • Croydon said:
    Would take an away day in Newport. Hole of a place, but a good laugh on the beers and an overnight stay in Cardiff.
    And a transporter bridge  ;)
  • edited May 2021
    Are Lincoln up to their old tricks again? - @paulie8290 has just sent me a link

Their on-loan Goalkeeper: Alex Palmer has got concussion so have signed Josef Bursik on emergency loan in his place.

He'll have played for FOUR clubs this season: Stoke | Doncaster | Peterborough... now Lincoln

He was the bloke who saved the Stockley's penalty
  • Are Lincoln up to their old tricks again? - @paulie8290 has just sent me a link

Their on-loan Goalkeeper: Alex Palmer has got concussion so have signed Josef Bursik on emergency loan in his place.

He'll have played for FOUR clubs this season: Stoke | Doncaster | Peterborough... now Lincoln

Pretty sure Peterborough bent the rules to sign him as well? 
  • Just dipped into the Newport v Forest Green game. Davison's still on the bench and Wagstaff's up on the right by the looks of things. Got an absolutely massive beard as well.
  • My preference is:

Championship: Barnsley
    League One: Sunderland
    League Two: Morecambe

But I reckon the Championship winners will be either Bournemouth or Swansea with the League One winners: Blackpool. Honestly dont care who comes up from League Two so long as its not Tranmere as games have always been boring against them...

Would love it to be Morecambe given the amount of times they've struggled at the bottom.

No team that has red / white stripes for home colours have ever won the Play-Offs, so surely leaves Brentford, Sunderland and Lincoln hoping that the curse can finally be lifted this year
    Remember a cracking midweek 3-2 at home in our championship winning season, but that aside you’re probably right.
  • My preference is:

But I reckon the Championship winners will be either Bournemouth or Swansea with the League One winners: Blackpool. Honestly dont care who comes up from League Two so long as its not Tranmere as games have always been boring against them...

Would love it to be Morecambe given the amount of times they've struggled at the bottom.

No team that has red / white stripes for home colours have ever won the Play-Offs, so surely leaves Brentford, Sunderland and Lincoln hoping that the curse can finally be lifted this year
    Remember a cracking midweek 3-2 at home in our championship winning season, but that aside you’re probably right.
    Were we 2-0 down in that one?
  • Croydon said:
    My preference is:

Were we 2-0 down in that one?
    I think we were. I took a Dutch guy from Shell, a client, as he was staying on his own in London. His verdict after a cracking game was that Steve Brown was a fantastic player.
  • aliwibble said:
    Just dipped into the Newport v Forest Green game. Davison's still on the bench and Wagstaff's up on the right by the looks of things. Got an absolutely massive beard as well.
    Finished 2-0 to Newport. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Are Lincoln up to their old tricks again? - @paulie8290 has just sent me a link

Certainly suspicious .. Palmer started the season in great form but lately, from the short clips I have seen, he has been making mistakes and his defenders are forever bollocking him .. he looks to have lost a lot of confidence

Today we have Lincoln v Sunderland and Tranmere v Morecambe .. both first legs

Certainly suspicious .. Palmer started the season in great form but lately, from the short clips I have seen, he has been making mistakes and his defenders are forever bollocking him .. he looks to have lost a lot of confidence

Tranmere v Morecambe is tomorrow

Although have certainly found the scheduling odd... Monday you had both Championship games

Now the last two days we've had a mixture of League One and League Two

Then Blackpool v Oxford is the first of all the second leg games which is on Friday night

Tranmere v Morecambe is tomorrow

Although have certainly found the scheduling odd... Monday you had both Championship games

Now the last two days we've had a mixture of League One and League Two

Then Blackpool v Oxford is the first of all the second leg games which is on Friday night
    thanks
  • Croydon said:
    Anyone but Brentford and Oxford.

Would prefer to see Sunderland go up as they'd no doubt be a force again next season in League One
    Plus the shit in the fountain is an urban myth, based on a photo of a woman with her arse out. 
  • Croydon said:
    This. Sounds like one of the last remaining outpost in the UK. Can imagine Londoners wouldn’t get a warm welcome down there. 
  • Croydon said:
    This. Sounds like one of the last remaining outpost in the UK. Can imagine Londoners wouldn’t get a warm welcome down there. 
    I lived there for a few months, and was always advised by Welsh friends to keep my voice down in the queue for clubs/bars. A real throwback town!
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember once taking a train out of Newport, with the local yoof throwing stones at it

I don't think it was personal!
  • edited May 2021
    I’d like a seaside triple please:

Bournemouth 
    Blackpool
    Morecambe
  • Forest Green and Exeter in particular seem to have bottle job mentality in that league. They always either start well or end the league strong and bottle play offs or a play off/auto slot. 

The idea of Newport away compared to Forest Green sounds so much more unappealing, really hope Morecambe than do a job tonight
  • Do Lincoln sound an air raid siren every time they get a corner? I don't remember them doing that when we played them there.
  • Lincoln looking the better side so far.
  • edited May 2021
    Lincoln looking the better side so far.
    I was thinking the opposite...whole game in Lincoln's half so far.
  • Sunderland look so toothless, Lincoln breaking with purpose. But 0-0 so all to play for. Sunderland are hard to beat. As boring as sh*t but hard to beat.
  • Lincoln looking the better side so far.
    I was thinking the opposite...whole game in Lincoln's half so far.
    But sounds like the commentators agree with you...
  • Hmmmm surely not Lincoln bending the rules again

Old tricks? Suspicious? Presumably the short clips you’ve seen have been when  the oppo have scored - or are you regularly watching Lincoln games?

Do you honestly think we would fake a head injury for a keeper that’s played nearly all games this season (and had a really good season at that) so we can bring in a keeper for the play offs that’s never played with the rest of the team?

How on earth would that be advantageous?