Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    Oh well gutted for them personally and if as it seems likely Sunderland dont go up atleast it's a decent away day trip next season. League One will have it's fair share of so called big clubs in it next season
  • Options
    Not Lincoln's fault the ref was a joke in the away match. They didn't appoint him.
  • Options
    Looks like its Blackpool Lincoln then...
  • Options
    We should be wanting Sunderland out of this league 
  • Options
    It isn't what we want, it is what happens. Personally I think Blackpool are going to win the play offs anyway. I'd like Sunderland to go up as I feel a bit sorry for them but you can see the issues. 
  • Options
    Can’t believe the love in for Sunderland. Hilarious seeing their fans in meltdown each year, got an air of we think we’re massive about us. 
    Blackpool on the other hand, been through lots similar to us, genuine fans - i would enjoy them going up
    I think in any game you see a lot of bitterness from the defeated fans

Supporters rarely take a defeat easily, as shown on a post Match Thread at times

The Sunderland fans I've always ran into, have been very sporting when we've defeated them at Wembley so have respect towards them for that reason - You're right though about Blackpool.
  • Options
    Sunderland are hardly out of it yet, they beat Lincoln 4-0 earlier in the season. Extra time I reckon. 
  • Options
    I would have liked Sunderland to go up for 2 reasons, they have been unlucky the last few seasons and the fans deserve it but more importantly with their owner now they will be a big obstacle for us I feel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Sunderland are hardly out of it yet, they beat Lincoln 4-0 earlier in the season. Extra time I reckon. 
    No team has got through to the Final whilst making up at least a 2-0 deficit
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Yet
  • Options
    Talal said:
    You would never have posted that if it was us in this situation, too negative! 😉
  • Options
    Talal said:
    2-0 can be a dodgy scoreline and Lincoln will have to play like it is 0-0 or they could still get into trouble.
  • Options
    @MuttleyCAFC sums it up perfectly....."It isn't what we want, it is what happens." 

Sunderland is a good away trip and we have decent games against them. For that reason I'd like them in L1 as I do not think they will morph into Man City this summer under Lee Johnson.
  • Options
    They have a few players I don't rate that were playing at Wembley in 2019.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Short sighted to want Lincoln to win here. Sunderland are owned by a billionaire, one more team challenging at the top, should they not win playoffs 
    Maybe, but I don't think we should be hoping to get promoted due to having rival teams that can't compete financially. Let's see how we do, and Sunderland do, and Ipswich do,  and Sheffield Wed do, in the furnace of expectation. I'd rather be playing against teams that have that weight against them, than plucky underdogs out for a scalp. But maybe I'm mad...
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    You would never have posted that if it was us in this situation, too negative! 😉
    Haha I'd probably be saying

"Well someone has to do it first, why not us" 😂
  • Options
    I say, let them worry about us.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Incorrect!

In 1996, Bradford City beat Blackpool 3-2 on aggregate, having been beaten 2-0 in their first leg tie. (Blackpool won the first leg at Valley Parade too)

This was when big Sam was Blackpool manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stefco said:
    Talal said:
    Incorrect!

In 1996, Bradford City beat Blackpool 3-2 on aggregate, having been beaten 2-0 in their first leg tie. (Blackpool won the first leg at Valley Parade too)

Cheers, either I misheard the SKY commentators the other night then or they were chatting bullshit :)
  • Options
    Can’t believe the love in for Sunderland. Hilarious seeing their fans in meltdown each year, got an air of we think we’re massive about us. 
    Blackpool on the other hand, been through lots similar to us, genuine fans - i would enjoy them going up
    I think in any game you see a lot of bitterness from the defeated fans

Supporters rarely take a defeat easily, as shown on a post Match Thread at times

The Sunderland fans I've always ran into, have been very sporting when we've defeated them at Wembley so have respect towards them for that reason - You're right though about Blackpool.
    Agreed. Decent fans who would accept that Sunderland are in this division on merit. Nothing like the Massives who genuinely thought they were entitled to promotion from League One.
  • Options
    Stefco said:
    Talal said:
    Incorrect!

*Shudders
  • Options
  • Options
    1/2 time in the Lincoln/Sunderland tie .. it ain't over yet .. 
  • Options
    Johnson the Lincoln no 20 (on loan from Forest) is already some player .. expect bids from Prem clubs as soon as the play offs are over
  • Options
    Johnson the Lincoln no 20 (on loan from Forest) is already some player .. expect bids from Prem clubs as soon as the play offs are over
    Looks like he'll be going to the Euros with Wales, so a great opportunity for him to put himself out there

Despite my feelings about Lincoln; Bursik looks a great talent and is an England U21 Goalkeeper so great to see another young 'keeper coming through the ranks
  • Options
    and Maxwell. our non playing loanee keeper is captaining Blackpool
  • Options
    and Maxwell. our non playing loanee keeper is captaining Blackpool
    Chris would probably have done well for us when he joined on loan

Unfortunately for him, some other kid found their form, finally got their opportunity and didnt look back