Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• right .. eyes down for next week end's finals
  • Cracking game these two teams
    gave everything - they both play good
    football 
  • Scoham said:
    I recall him scoring a few like that down the (many) years ((:>)
  • When he scored against Morecambe earlier this season Ellison celebrated in the face of the Morecambe manager who’d let him go. Wembley could get lively
  • Sponsored links:

• Quality result for Lincoln. Not worried about Sunderland not going up. We can only focus on ourselves. 
    Not worried at all about Sunderland whilst Lee Johnson is at the helm 
    Yeh, can't stand Johnson.
    For some reason when I hear him speak I always think of that Dick Emery skinhead character that looked hard but spoke with a squeaky high pitched voice.

• Should be 3 cracking play off finals. What's everyone's predictions??

Brentford vs Swansea
    Blackpool vs Lincoln
    Morecambe vs Newport 
  • What you thinking Benjy....increase the average age of our squad?!

Brentford vs Swansea
    Blackpool vs Lincoln
    Morecambe vs Newport 
    Swansea
    Blackpool
    Newport

Brentford vs Swansea
    Blackpool vs Lincoln
    Morecambe vs Newport 
    All the teams in the highest place "regular season" finish have made it to the finals, and in none of the playoffs have the team in 6th/7th "sneaked" through like they sometimes do with the momentum of a late run
    3rd vs 4th
    3rd vs 5th
    4th vs 5th

Brentford vs Swansea
    Blackpool vs Lincoln
    Morecambe vs Newport 
    I think it will be Brentford, Blackpool, Newport

I want Swansea, Blackpool, Morecambe
  • Blimey went for a bath @ 3-0 thinking the game was pretty much done

After the excitement of the Play-Offs this season we really deserve one game that goes to penalties
    Forget the football, let's get onto more important matters. A grown man having a bath instead of a shower?

Is this normal behaviour? I ask simply because i don't think i've had a bath since i was a child, and showers are so much easier/quicker.
  • Quality result for Lincoln. Not worried about Sunderland not going up. We can only focus on ourselves. 
    Not worried at all about Sunderland whilst Lee Johnson is at the helm 
    Yeh, can't stand Johnson.
    For some reason when I hear him speak I always think of that Dick Emery skinhead character that looked hard but spoke with a squeaky high pitched voice.

Character is called Gaylord.
  • UEAAddick said:
    I just think we got McGeady at the wrong time. He came into a mess with all the stuff with esi. Sometimes it's not just about the ability of the player, but all the other stuff surrounding it. I remember Stephen Henderson saying he was really put of football back in 2016 when we got relegated under Roland, and he was one of best keepers we've had in a long time. 
    I was thinking about McGeady hitting the post against Birmingham and that probably cost us staying up. And then he hit the post against Lincoln and that probably cost Sunderland getting to the final. Not really making a point beyond the observation. On another day, one of those will creep in.
  • Blimey went for a bath @ 3-0 thinking the game was pretty much done

After the excitement of the Play-Offs this season we really deserve one game that goes to penalties
    Forget the football, let's get onto more important matters. A grown man having a bath instead of a shower?

Is this normal behaviour? I ask simply because i don't think i've had a bath since i was a child, and showers are so much easier/quicker.
    Dont get to enjoy the scented candles with a shower though ;)

Nor is grown man a suitable way to describe me... More like "Man Child" 

On a serious note though I'll have a shower in the morning but enjoy a good soak in the bath when I just want to relax or if I'm struggling with a bad back which happens far too often, had one last night as my eczema has been flairing up and was reading that a bath can help it
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased that we won’t be playing Forest green next season. I think of them like MK a fake club with zero respect for them.

Morecambe or Newport. Tough one as both seems as good or bad as each other. Probably edge Newport, as they will probably bring a bigger away following to The Valley. Plus, always like the English/Welsh banter when we play those clubs.
  • Banter like sheep sheep sheepshagger?
  • Hopefully we should be considering whoever comes up via the League Two play offs as six points. 
  • edited May 2021
    I quite like watching a half of football on my laptop whilst in the bath. 
    What? Thats absurd! Although sounds nice
  • A whole match would be absurd!
  • Pleased that we won’t be playing Forest green next season. I think of them like MK a fake club with zero respect for them.
    What makes you say that about Forest Green? They were formed in 1889 - long before even we were. 
  • cafctom said:
    Pleased that we won’t be playing Forest green next season. I think of them like MK a fake club with zero respect for them.
    What makes you say that about Forest Green? They were formed in 1889 - long before even we were. 
    I didn’t actually know that. I always thought they were a new club bankrolled by a rich owner in the 2000s. 
  • cafctom said:
    Pleased that we won’t be playing Forest green next season. I think of them like MK a fake club with zero respect for them.
    I didn’t actually know that. I always thought they were a new club bankrolled by a rich owner in the 2000s. 
    They do have a rich owner (not in football terms but in average every day terms) but they haven't spent a lot of money as far as i'm aware.

He took them over in 2010 when they were in the National league, and it took them 7 years to get promotion.
  • edited May 2021
    They’re a little bit of a novelty club in the sense that the have the whole vegan identity, but even that is a relatively new thing for them (past 10 years), but I don’t see it as a bad thing really.

They’re certainly not in the MK Dons bracket!