Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    I wonder what Ayew's wages are, I'm surprised he's still at Swansea
  • Options
    I wonder what Ayew's wages are, I'm surprised he's still at Swansea
    Supposedly £80k a week according to The Athletic 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Hope beyond hope that Swansea don’t go up. Their fans are so irritating. They think they’re Man United. 
    And their manager hit every branch on the way down when he fell off the ugly tree!
  • Options
    Brentford take the lead .. get in !!!!
    Hopefully Brentford will go up.  A joy to watch, reckon they'd do well in the money league.
  • Options
    Quality result for Lincoln. Not worried about Sunderland not going up. We can only focus on ourselves. 
    Why should we be worried about Blunderland being in our division next season?
  • Options
    Next season just got even tougher. Their young billionaire is going to throw A LOT of money around this summer.
    can't buy me love .. OR success

Taken the quote from Johnson in the Sunderland Echo.

"That is the summer challenge – to make sure, potentially on a slightly reduced budget, that we actually recruit very well."

He also said some players will leave as we can't afford them.

Doesn't sound as if their owner bloke will be splashing the cash. 

• Options
    I had been thinking that it would be good to have Sunderland out of league 1 next season as one of the bigger clubs. But I agree with an earlier comment that we shouldn't be worried about competing against the like of them next season....provided of course we do some good recruitment over the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Attendence at Wembley limited to 10k, Likely to be around 4k per team after comps etc. Gonna be a scramble
  • Options
    Quality result for Lincoln. Not worried about Sunderland not going up. We can only focus on ourselves. 
    Because they have been taken over by a multi billionaire?

Even though Charlie Wyke is a big divie

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Dushitelet worked out well.
  • Options
    What's being said, I can't understand either side of the gate!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mendonca said:
    All this Sunderland fear/bigging up is odd. 

We've taken 4 points from them this season too btw.
    It's the fact they always finish top 6, it's a side guaranteed to be up and around there next year. We may have taken 4 points off them, but they still finished above us and that's all that counts.
  • Options
    I understand the point but it is no guarantee that they will finish in the top 6 next season. Arsenal used to finish no lower than the Top 4, now look at them. Look at Barnsley this season.

I've learnt from last season to not overly focus on other teams. After beating Luton at home last season, we all thought we were safe. We proceed to throw it away while Luton and Barnsley pulled it out the bag.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yeah but he wasn't an international play boy spunking his family fortune.  Plus they are worth 10 times what Roland is.

Being weary of Sunderland is no less logical than being optimistic about us.  There are 4 clubs with new (ish in Portsmouth's case), very rich, owners who shouldn't be in league 1.  Who have hand picked their manager this season.  They are all going to be backed.  They are all going to be going after the same players.

At least 1, probably more, won't get promoted next season.  We need to make sure we will. 

Pompylife, netmackems and tractortalk will be full of talk of rebuilds and young hungry players who can step up to the championship. 
  • Options
    The L2 second legs nicely bookend the remaining Premier League games, so will be almost completely ignored by the meedja

Morecambe v Tranmere at 12.30 .. Forest Green v Newport at 18.30.
    It's Newport v Morecambe for me and I'm sticking by my original 'three for glory' .. Brentford, Blackpool and Morecambe
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yeah but he wasn't an international play boy spunking his family fortune.  Plus they are worth 10 times what Roland is.

Being weary of Sunderland is no less logical than being optimistic about us.  There are 4 clubs with new (ish in Portsmouth's case), very rich, owners who shouldn't be in league 1.  Who have hand picked their manager this season.  They are all going to be back.  They are all going to be going after the same players.

At least 1, probably more, won't get promoted next season.  We need to make sure we will. 

Pompylife, netmackems and tractortalk will be full of talk of rebuilds and young hungry players who can step up to the championship. 
    I am optimistic Sandgaard's loose change will ensure we are above Blunderland.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyone got subtitles?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    siblers said:
    Not sure how much of a threat Sunderland will be under Johnson. Playoff rivals but not top 2 rivals I would think 
    Unless they get off to an absolute flyer next season, he'll be gone before christmas.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A lot of people seem to be wary of Sunderland next season because they’ll have money. That doesn’t always work for you in League One, you also need smart purchases. Sunderland 3 years ago spent £4m (although differing amounts have been mentioned since) on Grigg in the January. Way more than anyone else spent in that window and it got them a defeat at Wembley. Personally, I’m not concerned by them as much as some, just because they have a kid with deep pockets for an owner. 
    Exactly.

Lincoln do not have the wealth of Sunderland. Likewise Morecambe in division 4.
  • Options
    A lot of people seem to be wary of Sunderland next season because they’ll have money. That doesn’t always work for you in League One, you also need smart purchases. Sunderland 3 years ago spent £4m (although differing amounts have been mentioned since) on Grigg in the January. Way more than anyone else spent in that window and it got them a defeat at Wembley. Personally, I’m not concerned by them as much as some, just because they have a kid with deep pockets for an owner. 
    Agreed, but its a touch of the Sheffield United. Eventually, one years will go right and they will walk the division. You can probably say with some confidence that Sunderland will be in the top 6 next season.
  • Options
    Exactly.

Lincoln is owned by a very shrewd South African consortium. Appleton (or whoever is managing the team) will never have a load of cash to splash and potentially waste, but there will always be some money available as and when required. Lincoln is now a very well managed/directed club. I don't think that they will win the play off game, and may well lose some of their coveted players this summer, BUT the club will still be in there giving it a good go next season
  • Options
    I just think we got McGeady at the wrong time. He came into a mess with all the stuff with esi. Sometimes it's not just about the ability of the player, but all the other stuff surrounding it. I remember Stephen Henderson saying he was really put of football back in 2016 when we got relegated under Roland, and he was one of best keepers we've had in a long time. 
  • Options
    Exactly.

Lincoln is owned by a very shrewd South African consortium. Appleton (or whoever is managing the team) will never have a load of cash to splash and potentially waste, but there will always be some money available as and when required. Lincoln is now a very well managed/directed club. I don't think that they will win the play off game, and may well lose some of their coveted players this summer, BUT the club will still be in there giving it a good go next season
    Good on the little guys.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Morecambe into the Final

Means we're guaranteed another new team next season 
  • Options
    Morecambe into the Final

Means we're guaranteed another new team next season 
    and they got there by the skin of their teeth .. Tranmere threw the kitchen sink at them, but justice, Vaughan should have been sent off for kicking the Morecambe keeper in the head
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Any chance of subtitles?