Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    Forest Green .. my main beef with the club is that it's owner's wholly owned company, 'Ecotricity' has received some £36 Million in government subsidies since 2002. Some 40% of Govt subsidies are raised through a 'tax' on everybody's energy bills, households, shop, factories etc.
     So, Mr Vince's football club's rapid development, in my opinion, has very largely been paid for by everyone in the UK. We all have a stake in his vegan stadium and in his other schemes, including an experiment in manufacturing diamonds from thin air. Mr Vince has done very well for himself since giving up the life of a new age traveller, albeit at the expense of everyone's electricity bills
  • Options
    I’ll be interested to see if FGR new stadium gets the go ahead seeing as it’s made of wood 🤔
  • Options
    I’ll be interested to see if FGR new stadium gets the go ahead seeing as it’s made of wood 🤔
    Vince has said that the wood and all other materials used will be treated with special fire retardant chemicals

Eco Park | WE ARE FGR .. All this for 5,000 fans ! .. and 1,700 capacity car park .. Presumably all vehicles powered by green green green electricity generated by Ecotricity .. I just must not be toooo cynical BUT ....  :/
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I thought that FGR were already in their new stadium... No wonder I was so underwhelmed with it lol!
  • Options
    Vince has said that the wood and all other materials used will be treated with special fire retardant chemicals

Eco Park | WE ARE FGR .. All this for 5,000 fans ! .. and 1,700 capacity car park .. Presumably all vehicles powered by green green green electricity generated by Ecotricity .. I just must not be toooo cynical BUT ....  :/
    There's nothing environmentally friendly about building a brand new stadium to replace a perfectly adequate one
  • Options

There's nothing environmentally friendly about building a brand new stadium to replace a perfectly adequate one
    That was my thought.
    Plus, fire retardant chemicals? Not very environmental either 🤔
  • Options
    I know it’s been mentioned before, but can’t remember the answer. Does anyone know the thought process behind the order of this seasons play off finals being Championship, League 1, League 2. 

I remember our season in the play offs in 2018/19 was the more traditional start with League 2, League 1 and then Championship. 
  • Options
    I know it’s been mentioned before, but can’t remember the answer. Does anyone know the thought process behind the order of this seasons play off finals being Championship, League 1, League 2. 

I remember our season in the play offs in 2018/19 was the more traditional start with League 2, League 1 and then Championship. 
    Usually happens whenever there is a summer Tournament.

Championship teams will have greater chance of players being called up than League Two teams

So get those games out the way first so the players can go off on International Duty
  • Options

Championship teams will have greater chance of players being called up than League Two teams

So get those games out the way first so the players can go off on International Duty
    Ah interesting, makes a lot of sense. Thanks mate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought it was because of the wear on the pitch with 3 games in 3 days. So wanted the “top” game now being playing first.
  • Options
    Brentford or Swansea ?
  • Options
    I think Swansea

Would like to see Brentford do it despite last season as would be curious to see how they'll cope up there
  • Options
    For some reason i assumed the finals were free to watch  on youtube but i see now thats just the european finals. A now tv day pass doesn’t even cover today and tomorrows games, thats a shame as i would of bought one otnerwise. Think sky are missing a trick there, why not do a weekend pass..
  • Options
    Should be a great game of football today. I think it will be Brentfords day and they will win 2-1
  • Options
    I have fancied Brentford right through the season .. however, Swansea are a good outfit .. whoever wins, it'll be very close .. cliché time .. this is the £100 Million ++ game
  • Options
    Help. I obviously should want Brentford to win but am still pi**ed off with the fact they lost to Barnsley!
  • Options
    Steve Cooper looks like he's made out of Playdough
  • Options
    Swansea in the turquoise and raspberry kit.  Things ain't what they used to be.  :/
  • Options
    Steve Cooper looks like he's made out of Playdough
    I wonder if he smells as nice 🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Advantage Brentford... Great run to win the penalty 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Both league games ended 1-1 this season with Brentford scoring first in each game... 
  • Options

The slight disadvantage is that the most important game, the Championship playoff, is a bit overshadowed by being on the same day as the Champions League final
  • Options
    Ben Hamer plays for Swansea? 
  • Options
    Got no time for Brentford
  • Options
    Feels like Swansea havent even shown up yet
  • Options
    Brentford in cruise control now
  • Options
    OMAG
  • Options
    What a strike!