Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• My view from end of last season hasn't changed. There isn't anyone in our squad (apart from Stockley for his quality) that I remotely feel a connection with.

Oh to have a Clive Mendonca, Johnny Jackson, Chris Solly type servant that emerge from the bunch to gain our adulation. 
    I certainly feel that way still. Hopefully when we start picking up points at home that will change. Innis, Famewo, Kirk, DJ….all got something about them.
    Kirk has had 45 mins. A legend in is own debut 🙌
    What are you on about?
  • My view from end of last season hasn't changed. There isn't anyone in our squad (apart from Stockley for his quality) that I remotely feel a connection with.

Oh to have a Clive Mendonca, Johnny Jackson, Chris Solly type servant that emerge from the bunch to gain our adulation. 
    I certainly feel that way still. Hopefully when we start picking up points at home that will change. Innis, Famewo, Kirk, DJ….all got something about them.
    What are you on about?
    Do you actually want to know? 
  • Good to hear an update from Gallen. 

Our work never stops. We’re always talking to player representatives, I’ve been doing that all day today, which is probably why my voice is a bit gone at the moment – let’s see how it in 10 days’ time. 

“I’m confident that we’ll get the players in that we need to help us. In an ideal world, we’d have everyone in for the first day of pre-season but it never works like that, even with all of us wanting that – a lot of the better deals happen right at the end and you have to be patient. I’m confident that we’re going to get a few more players in, the chairman has said that as well and is going to support us, so fingers cross we get it all done, right by the end.” 

Clear admission its been a s**tshow so far
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    My view from end of last season hasn't changed. There isn't anyone in our squad (apart from Stockley for his quality) that I remotely feel a connection with.

What are you on about?
    Do you actually want to know? 
    Good point. 

Another post of yours I fail to understand.

So you only feel a connection with quality players?  
    Sorry AC, to be more specific, a player with 'qualities' as a player and personality combined that endear me to them. Stockley seems to give 100% and is building up a few credits in my fans favourite account, but others accounts are more or less empty, or haven't even been opened, lol. 

JJ's birthday wishes to my dad on his 80th had him in tears. That's what I mean by connection. 

Does anyone see legend material from this lot?

Fair enough.  Innis seems a real Charlton player.  Grew up in the area, possibly a fan, gives 100%,a fighter and by all accounts a bit of a leader who does some good stuff off the pitch.  His lack of fitness will likely ruin any chance of him becoming any kind of legend but I think a connection/affinity definately.
  • Good to hear an update from Gallen. 

Our work never stops. We’re always talking to player representatives, I’ve been doing that all day today, which is probably why my voice is a bit gone at the moment – let’s see how it in 10 days’ time. 

“I’m confident that we’ll get the players in that we need to help us. In an ideal world, we’d have everyone in for the first day of pre-season but it never works like that, even with all of us wanting that – a lot of the better deals happen right at the end and you have to be patient. I’m confident that we’re going to get a few more players in, the chairman has said that as well and is going to support us, so fingers cross we get it all done, right by the end.” 

Do they?

That might apply to loans - and even then for all your Cullen, Bielik or Gallagher brilliant deals, there's always a Joe Dodoo or Paul Smyth - but a lot of purchases at the end of the window (talking in general here) are overpaid panic buys or "that'll do" type purchases, rather than your main target
    Or worse, the "we'll take him then" when Man U or Arsenal.offer someone you haven't been after but is the only thing left at 22.59 on deadline day. 

And I say this kindly to SG and the rest of the "transfer committee".......if a lot of the better deals happen at the last moment, why have Ipswich, Wigan, Sheff Wed and a host more clubs in this division (and loads of others across the leagues) not waited until then but have "jumped the gun" and got players in before the season even started.
  • Bet he’s let go by Jan. I really hope not. But come on, this all feels a bit cheap. 

• Sponsored links:

• My Villa mate says Corey is a great player and will be good for us, he's just not Premiership quality.  Sounds like he may be half decent 😉
  • Valley11 said:
    Bet he’s let go by Jan. I really hope not. But come on, this all feels a bit cheap. 

If he has an attitude problem then that could be his stumbling block. If Adkins cant work with him then pointless giving him a year contract when he could be replaced in January. Think this one is down to the player rather than the club.
  • I wonder if the lack of loan activity, presumably linked to Sandgaards strategy of trying to take a longer term approach to squad building, is because we want buy-out clauses included in the deals? That would seem to align with the contract terms offered to permanent signings this summer and the terms of the deal with Norwich for Famewo. 

I doubt most Premier League clubs are willing to include buy out clauses for the best of their crop of young players.

• redbuttle said:
    RedRobin said:
    The suggestion we’ve picked up a league 2 reject is inaccurate, from what I’ve read CBT rejected a new deal with Tranmere. He is a player linked with a few Champ clubs last year so must have some pedigree, I’m prepared to see what he brings to us. Pace and trickery seems to be his key attributes, which we lack at the moment. 
    Let's try something new. 

Let's watch him play some games and then decide if he's any good.
    Mmm..Sounds a bit radical, but I am all for it B)

What are you on about?
    Dear me. Most of us haven't seen Kirk at live and already he is in the mould of Famewo etc. That is what I am on about. 
    Kirk is an apparent super star and CB-T is a loser from a league 2 club. 
    I have seen neither yet . Most of us haven't but on this forum one is already eulogised and one rubbished . 

That is what I am on about .

Kindly explain your sarcastic comment, mase I suspect 😅 with out thinking first.
    I didn’t think it was sarcastic, you’re initial post didn’t make sense and wasn’t clear. 
  • I see him play on tv a couple of years ago in a cup game and was good so let’s hope he does it for us
  • Sponsored links:

What are you on about?
    Dear me. Most of us haven't seen Kirk at live and already he is in the mould of Famewo etc. That is what I am on about. 
    Kirk is an apparent super star and CB-T is a loser from a league 2 club. 
    I have seen neither yet . Most of us haven't but on this forum one is already eulogised and one rubbished . 

That is what I am on about .

Kindly explain your sarcastic comment, mase I suspect 😅 with out thinking first.
    I didn’t think it was sarcastic, you’re initial post didn’t make sense and wasn’t clear. 
    Exactly, couldn’t have worded it better myself. 
  • AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    Deal til January only? Hard not to read into that.
    There a contract for longer waiting … 
    I fuckin hope there ain't 
    What ? So you are actually hoping that the bloke doesnt play well enough in the next few months to show he deserves a longer contract ? 
    What I'm hoping is that we sign better players than this.
    Hopefully he's only a stop gap until the next transfer window 
  • redbuttle said:
    RedRobin said:
    The suggestion we’ve picked up a league 2 reject is inaccurate, from what I’ve read CBT rejected a new deal with Tranmere. He is a player linked with a few Champ clubs last year so must have some pedigree, I’m prepared to see what he brings to us. Pace and trickery seems to be his key attributes, which we lack at the moment. 
    Let's try something new. 

Let's watch him play some games and then decide if he's any good.
    If only it was that simple……
  • edited August 2021
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    Deal til January only? Hard not to read into that.
    There a contract for longer waiting … 
    I fuckin hope there ain't 
    What ? So you are actually hoping that the bloke doesnt play well enough in the next few months to show he deserves a longer contract ? 
    What I'm hoping is that we sign better players than this.
    Hopefully he's only a stop gap until the next transfer window 

Fair enough...hopefully he will knock in 10 goals before Christmas and then we will all be hoping he signs that longer contract, we just don't know enough about him at this time to form a fair opinion, lets just see how it goes.
  • Why wait to see if a player is any good over the course of significant minutes on the pitch when you can google him and look at goal stats.  
  • IanJRO said:
    Funny thing is Kirk could turn out shite for us and CBT a legend. It's always a gamble. One thing I am sure of is that he will at least improve our options off the bench which are currently woefully short. 

Need a LB in asap to balance the team and make us a little less predictable,  reckon that will help the midfield click a bit too. 

Always the optimist!

Kirk & CBT are both gambles, but I’m not sure the odds are equivalent!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!