Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• The necessities:
    LB
    DM
    CAM

In that order.  

And the wish list:
    ST
    RM
    GK
  • RedChaser said:
    People saying other clubs might come in for him at the next window if he does well have seen the terms of his contract then? I mean we hear about players exercising options to extend what about if the club has that option? I haven’t seen his contract either, just putting it out there.
    Thing is mate, if other clubs come in for him, it’s means he will have done well.  I should imagine if he does do well we will stick a longer contract under his nose well before the 4 months is up. We’ve been bitten before, so hopefully not again. 
  • Fast and shoots early you say. Play him up front with Stockley!

Could be worth a go if we are chasing a game.
  • The necessities:
    LB
    DM
    CAM

In that order.  

And the wish list:
    ST
    RCB

LB 
    CAM
    ST !!!

still havent replaced aneke or his goals ! 
    Agreed, definitely need a striker over a DM. Dobson hasn't been amazing so far so still see a DM way below a STR, CAM, LB and CB. 

• We could call it ‘plan B’.
  • edited August 2021
    RedChaser said:
    People saying other clubs might come in for him at the next window if he does well have seen the terms of his contract then? I mean we hear about players exercising options to extend what about if the club has that option? I haven’t seen his contract either, just putting it out there.
    Thing is mate, if other clubs come in for him, it’s means he will have done well.  I should imagine if he does do well we will stick a longer contract under his nose well before the 4 months is up. We’ve been bitten before, so hopefully not again. 
    One of your funnier posts. We’ve been bitten more times than a backpacker in a cheap Australian hostel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to hear an update from Gallen. 

Our work never stops. We’re always talking to player representatives, I’ve been doing that all day today, which is probably why my voice is a bit gone at the moment – let’s see how it in 10 days’ time. 

“I’m confident that we’ll get the players in that we need to help us. In an ideal world, we’d have everyone in for the first day of pre-season but it never works like that, even with all of us wanting that – a lot of the better deals happen right at the end and you have to be patient. I’m confident that we’re going to get a few more players in, the chairman has said that as well and is going to support us, so fingers cross we get it all done, right by the end.” 

Sounds like a word perfect interview for the QPR job 😆
  • Good to hear an update from Gallen. 

Our work never stops. We’re always talking to player representatives, I’ve been doing that all day today, which is probably why my voice is a bit gone at the moment – let’s see how it in 10 days’ time. 

“I’m confident that we’ll get the players in that we need to help us. In an ideal world, we’d have everyone in for the first day of pre-season but it never works like that, even with all of us wanting that – a lot of the better deals happen right at the end and you have to be patient. I’m confident that we’re going to get a few more players in, the chairman has said that as well and is going to support us, so fingers cross we get it all done, right by the end.” 

Do they?

That might apply to loans - and even then for all your Cullen, Bielik or Gallagher brilliant deals, there's always a Joe Dodoo or Paul Smyth - but a lot of purchases at the end of the window (talking in general here) are overpaid panic buys or "that'll do" type purchases, rather than your main target
  • edited August 2021
    Good to hear an update from Gallen. 

Sounds like a word perfect interview for the QPR job 😆
    Please keep up, he got turned down for that job that is why he was back in Crewe this week.
  • edited August 2021
    RedChaser said:
    One of you’re funnier posts. We’ve been bitten more times than a backpacker in a cheap Australian hostel.
    Thanks, means a lot…….
  • RedChaser said:
    One of you’re funnier posts. We’ve been bitten more times than a backpacker in a cheap Australian hostel.
    Thanks, means a lot. 
    I was particularly happy with the grammar. 
  • Croydon said:
    Deal til January only? Hard not to read into that.
    There a contract for longer waiting … 
    I fuckin hope there ain't 
  • Croydon said:
    Deal til January only? Hard not to read into that.
    There a contract for longer waiting … 
    I fuckin hope there ain't 
    What ? So you are actually hoping that the bloke doesnt play well enough in the next few months to show he deserves a longer contract ? 
  • RedChaser said:
    Thanks, means a lot. 
    I was particularly happy with the grammar. 
    A+. 
  • My view from end of last season hasn't changed. There isn't anyone in our squad (apart from Stockley for his quality) that I remotely feel a connection with.

Oh to have a Clive Mendonca, Johnny Jackson, Chris Solly type servant that emerge from the bunch to gain our adulation. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My view from end of last season hasn't changed. There isn't anyone in our squad (apart from Stockley for his quality) that I remotely feel a connection with.

Oh to have a Clive Mendonca, Johnny Jackson, Chris Solly type servant that emerge from the bunch to gain our adulation. 
    I certainly feel that way still. Hopefully when we start picking up points at home that will change. Innis, Famewo, Kirk, DJ….all got something about them.

Well, give them the time and a few seasons and you could still be rewarded..thing is the players you mention were special, but only after having the opportunity, time and the fans backing to grow with the club..

So you only feel a connection with quality players?  

Not gonna feel a connection with someone that's not great that stays at the club for a season are ya
  • I really feel gutted that Gilbey hasn't been able to start this season and hope for him to come back in soon because I genuinely feel he may be the sort of player to spark something and be that player that fans get a connection with!
  • I'm clinging...clinging to the hope that all this talk of mediocre budget is a bit of kidology from TS and he plans to drive some hard bargains on the last couple of days without getting his pants pulled down.
  • edited August 2021
    My view from end of last season hasn't changed. There isn't anyone in our squad (apart from Stockley for his quality) that I remotely feel a connection with.

Sorry AC, to be more specific, a player with 'qualities' as a player and personality combined that endear me to them. Stockley seems to give 100% and is building up a few credits in my fans favourite account, but others accounts are more or less empty, or haven't even been opened, lol. 

JJ's birthday wishes to my dad on his 80th had him in tears. That's what I mean by connection. 

Does anyone see legend material from this lot?

Sorry AC, to be more specific, a player with 'qualities' as a player and personality combined that endear me to them. Stockley seems to give 100% and is building up a few credits in my fans favourite account, but others accounts are more or less empty, or haven't even been opened, lol. 

JJ's birthday wishes to my dad on his 80th had him in tears. That's what I mean by connection. 

Inniss if he can stay fit. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    My view from end of last season hasn't changed. There isn't anyone in our squad (apart from Stockley for his quality) that I remotely feel a connection with.

Inniss if he can stay fit. 
    That’s a very big if.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!