Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    17 year old Bikash Yumnam plays For Punjab FC in India. 
    When I first saw the team he plays for I thought it was Punjab United from Gravesend who are in Step 5 of the pyramid in the Southern Counties premier EFL. 90% of teams in premier are based in Kent.

• J BLOCK said:
    Here’s one .. Bikash Yumnam
    A wind up from some Twitter folk I believe.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Just watching the premier league debate show on YouTube and Gary Neville talks about how Salford are really struggling to bring players in due to the market being so slow, I assume it’s the same with us and all clubs
    According to the BBC League One clubs have been busy with loans and perms for weeks now. The link below shows the last 5 x days however its been the same story every week for at least a month now.

League One | BBC Sport

• Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:
    I'd be very impressed if we got Jephcott simply because i can't believe he'd have no Championship interest.
    Why, I thought there was Championship interest in Kirk and we got him.
    A good piece by a Crewe analyst pointed out that while Kirk is proving to be consistent, he has a lower ceilling than Lowery/Dale so those are the two more likely to get Championship interest now. Kirk on the other hand could probably hold his own (or so they said) but isn't a standout star like the other two.
    You'd have thought  Crewe should have pissed this league last year the way their players are touted 
    True but realistically their success was down to 4-5 players, Dale, Lowery, Pickering, Kirk and Mandron. Doesn't mean the rest of the team held their weight and only finished 8 points below us.
    If those players weren't young talents they probably wouldn't be getting scouted - it's more their age and potential getting them this interest.
    Perry Ng and Ryan Wintle also made big money moves to Cardiff last season. 

They had a golden generation of youth players all coming through at the same time.
    Wintle only moved to Cardiff on a free transfer this summer

Was Ng (Cardiff) and Pickering (Blackburn) that moved in January - Wouldn't call it a golden generation either, Crewe are consistent bringing through youngsters that have moved on, e.g. Nick Powell to Man Utd, Luke Varney and Luke Murphy
    Danny Murphy 
    Did you miss something off that chant?
  • David Platt and the unlucky Dean Ashton to name a couple more talents from the Crewe stable who were top players. 
  • David Platt and the unlucky Dean Ashton to name a couple more talents from the Crewe stable who were top players. 
    Addicks legend Rob Hulse. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    David Platt and the unlucky Dean Ashton to name a couple more talents from the Crewe stable who were top players. 
    We’ve had a lot worse (not saying he was great)

he now works in a hospital as a physio
    I forgot about Ashton. If he hadnt have suffered that ankle injury when he did he would have gone on to play for one of the big 4 and scored a load for England IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    David Platt and the unlucky Dean Ashton to name a couple more talents from the Crewe stable who were top players. 

I’ll probably get pelters for saying this, but I didn’t mind him at all. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Just watching the premier league debate show on YouTube and Gary Neville talks about how Salford are really struggling to bring players in due to the market being so slow, I assume it’s the same with us and all clubs
    didn't realise Salford had made it to the PL already

Gazza can't believe they missed out on Sancho and he chose that lot up the road. ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I'm sure he scored a few goals for us and didn't play much either. Thought he was decent 
  • edited August 2021
    UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I'm sure he scored a few goals for us and didn't play much either. Thought he was decent 
    3 goals in 15 game (10 starts).
    Neil Lennon and Danny Murphy as well. 
  • Macronate said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    JamesSeed said:
    What the hell?!
    Charlie Kirk signs a four year deal, and rumours that Solomon Otaba is trialling and Tobi Omole is joining on loan from Spurs. 
    All in one day. 
    Nurse!!

DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    What the hell?!
    Charlie Kirk signs a four year deal, and rumours that Solomon Otaba is trialling and Tobi Omole is joining on loan from Spurs. 
    All in one day. 
    Nurse!!

otaba training with us this week is not a rumour - its a fact 
    Richard J said:
    After signing Kirk I would be surprised if Soloman Otomar or Sims was under consideration. 

Surely we would need a left footed Winger now. DJ and Kirk are both right footed. 

Solomon-Otabor

Ventokele
    Rich Crawley
    John Humphreys.
  • One for you Elfs, Matt Stevenson  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this still the transfer rumours thread or have I stumbled upon the name an ex- player thread.
  • bobmunro said:
    What chant ?
    Henners got it, at least.

Stick Figure GIF in 2021  Jokes Stick figures Sarcastic pictures
    Have not a clue what you are on about. Considering I wrote Danny Murphy, then you produced  this plus Henners got it at least, then I would say neither do you have a clue either. 
    Who the fuck is Henners ?
    My god man, its not rocket science!
  • CH4RLTON said:
    “What I like about our recruitment policy is that we are not loading up the squad with loan players that don’t improve us.  We only have Akin on loan and we have the agreement in place to sign him next year.  I’m all for loan players but only if they fundamentally improve the team.  Players like Levitt, Smith, Smyth, Davis and others just blocked the development of the academy players and added no value whatsoever.  I much prefer this approach even if it means we end up with a smaller squad. “. 

Somebody else posted this on Facebook , I thought it was a good opinion, 
    Sadly alot of that was Bowyer. He played Vennings/Morgan/Dempsey in the Championship and we actually competed ok. Drop down an entire league and he could not stop mentioning how unready they were and in need for a loan. 
  • Is this still the transfer rumours thread or have I stumbled upon the name an ex- player thread.
    Makes a change form the "were are the goals coming from" thread that it morphs into daily 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!