Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    I really hate this thread. Can't we have a bitesize version for people who don't want to read the sh*t "jokes"
     Don't be the lost sock.

Go and make your separate thread.
  • Ipswich must be favourites to win the league now. 
  • I really hate this thread. Can't we have a bitesize version for people who don't want to read the sh*t "jokes"
    Go and click “new discussion”.
  • I really hate this thread. Can't we have a bitesize version for people who don't want to read the sh*t "jokes"
    Would maybe have to be an ‘Amuse bouche’ version, as there’s never enough rumours to fill a bite size one!!😜
  • esseffect said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How are they affording this? Yes they got taken over but so did we. They are no bigger than us - but they seem to be just getting stuff done.
    They have got liquid assets of 700 million.  How they think they are going to make a return on it is another matter.  Spending about 8-10 million just to stay in league one isn't much of a plan either.

Better lose 20 and go up than lose 10 3 times and still be here. 
    The return on investment will be from selling the club. For it to sell for a high price they need to get out of league 1 ASAP
    Sounds like they are in it for the long hall https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/06/we-need-a-beating-heart-ipswich-town-takeover-set-to-be-game-changer 
  • Roll on tomorrow when we can get back to some footie, i'm wrung out tonight B)
    Yes we keep on going round & round like a spin cycle 
  • I’ve just skipped the last 30 pages - have I missed anything worthwhile?
  • I’ve just skipped the last 30 pages - have I missed anything worthwhile?
    Yes lots, you'll have to go back and read through them all thoroughly 

(Just kidding)
  • I'm sure I saw a couple of new signings in the museum today.
  • Sponsored links:

You just volunteered.
  • Aluko not done anything for over 5 years
  • Valley11 said:
    Ipswich must be favourites to win the league now. 
    Thing is - anything else is failure.  Even the playoffs will be seen as underachievement.  How we will laugh.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    bobmunro said:
    TomNight said:
    Ipswich still signing players on a Friday night! 

Can anyone give a summary on how good these players actually are? 

If they don’t get promoted they will be royally f*cked.
    I really hope they fail. Always liked them as a club, but them trying to be the Chelsea of league one has made them as irritating as a stubborn stain.
    Kinda what we did under Powell tbf
    Fair enough, so here’s a good one.

Did you hear about the Jamaican Olympian who got shot in the head with the starting pistol today?  Police reckon it was race related.
  • After reading rumours thread, Charlton decide to sign new laundry expert and kit lady!!…. Steve gallen said we’ve been after her for a while as we needed some experience in the club!!.
  • Bored, Bored, Bored, ………. 
  • Quite frankly I thought the whole of this thread was a joke
  • Addickted said:
    Had it confirmed that the minor hold up with the Kirk signing he will only join if he's made Captain.
    Apparently he is fed up just being part of the Crewe.
  • Haha another 200 new posts…..nothing! 

I thought Gomes was signing today? 
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    In an Evening Standard interview with Adkins published tonight he’s said: 

I'd like to think we'll bring some more players in,” he said. 

“That's what we're striving to do. And I'm sure by the end of transfer window we'll have brought more players in to help the whole group. There's active targets we've been after, we're very close to. 

“Likewise so are other clubs, I like to think we're looking at good football players.

He couldn't be more non committal if he tried.

"I'd LIKE to think we'll bring some more players in". 

"There are active targets we've been after.....likewise, so are other clubs"

No shit sherlock. The over riding objective this summer was to replace around 16 players who had left (out of contract & loans). We've replaced 5 & re-signed 4. Our first 11 tomorrow on paper looks quite strong. But that's it. The subs bench is either players over the age of 34 and only signed to be bit part players, or U23's with very little league experience. We might do alright for 60 mins but once the subs make an appearance it will be men v boys.
  • We're way behind where 90% of people would have predicted the transfer window to have looked like in terms of ins and outs. 

Whether that matters come the end of the season we won't know until May. 
  • 376 new posts, could be a messy one 
  • What a s**t thread
    What a s**t transfer window.
  • Valley11 said:
    Crewe manager opening answer at press conference:

https://youtu.be/32hhjAXvLjo
    Gosh, very downbeat the antithesis of NA
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!