Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Bet Stephen Henderson cant wait to return after the Laundry bin episode
  • Good for them but I prefer a player with more Ariel threat.
  • TomNight said:
    Ipswich still signing players on a Friday night! 

Can anyone give a summary on how good these players actually are? 

We tried to sign him 10 years ago and his sister played for us.  No idea how good he is now. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    These puns are putting me in a spin. 

I just want them to vanish
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    TomNight said:

We tried to sign him 10 years ago and his sister played for us.  No idea how good he is now. 
    I think he’s 10 years older!
  • bobmunro said:
    TomNight said:

If they don’t get promoted they will be royally f*cked.
    You would think someone gambling with other people's money would have factored that in, wouldn't you?  Wouldn't you? 
  • mart77 said:
    In an Evening Standard interview with Adkins published tonight he’s said: 

I'd like to think we'll bring some more players in,” he said. 

“That's what we're striving to do. And I'm sure by the end of transfer window we'll have brought more players in to help the whole group. There's active targets we've been after, we're very close to. 

“Likewise so are other clubs, I like to think we're looking at good football players.

Link to the full interview https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-athletic-nigel-adkins-league-one-new-season-b949584.html
  • Sponsored links:

• I know Aluko was on trial with Derby recently, decent player but I don't think I'd have signed him personally, not done much in 2-3 years. 
    No resale value and probably a decent sized wage. Weird one.
  • Hopefully Ipswich will go bust by November.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Maybe we could sign someone from Ajax!!
  • 55 unread messages and the beat one is by RonnieMoore with the rest being God awful puns.  
  • paulfox said:
    Scoham said:
    An uncomfortable viewing.
    Lucy & Thomas both ill at ease.
    I think reality has hit Thomas and I'm not overly optimistic of some excellent signings, it was about making the top 6 and integrating the academy lads.
    It looks like he let his enthusiasm get the better of him, with the blow the league out of the water comment.
    I thought it he was pretty honest and realistic in his answers.Didn’t think it was particularly uncomfortable other than the fact it’s new to both of them. Personally I wouldn’t try and take any negatives out of what was an attempt at an honest positive interview. So basically I’m saying I thought it was ok.😜
    Absolutely  :D
  • paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe we could sign someone from Ajax!!

Make a quick decision and sign him in a Flash.

We could really clean up.

• How are they affording this? Yes they got taken over but so did we. They are no bigger than us - but they seem to be just getting stuff done.
  • I very rarely post on player signings but we've gone about this quietly and got it done. Not sure if it was completed in time for Saturday and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken part given how late the signing is. NA already has he's team sorted for Saturday I believe
    Put him on the list.

I hope it's not Josh Morris.

Ideally it would be Charlie Kirk, would also take Owen Dale, our front 4 would be serious then
    Perhaps the new signings are going to be introduced to the crowd tomorrow?
    Yeah right
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Another one we miss out on, they have won the league already.
    If they don't it won't be for want of trying instead of just talking about a 5 4 year plan
  • This should help us out come end of season I assume they’re receiving some sort of points deduction for this??
    Why ?  :*
  • Gutted that I've been off here for an hour or two and missed a whole NEW source of puns based on laundry

They've all been done already, so back to the football, I think we'll get a Hotpoint tomorrow.

Just out of interest what ever happened to Lloyd Samsung?😬🙄
  • Gutted that I've been off here for an hour or two and missed a whole NEW source of puns based on laundry

They've all been done already, so back to the football, I think we'll get a Hotpoint tomorrow.

Don't worry mate, these things go in cycles...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    How are they affording this? Yes they got taken over but so did we. They are no bigger than us - but they seem to be just getting stuff done.
    They have got liquid assets of 700 million.  How they think they are going to make a return on it is another matter.  Spending about 8-10 million just to stay in league one isn't much of a plan either.

Better lose 20 and go up than lose 10 3 times and still be here. 
    The return on investment will be from selling the club. For it to sell for a high price they need to get out of league 1 ASAP

Rumour is we’re in for heung-min dyson. 
  • edited August 2021
    bobmunro said:
    TomNight said:

If they don’t get promoted they will be royally f*cked.
    I really hope they fail. Always liked them as a club, but them trying to be the Chelsea of league one has made them as irritating as a stubborn stain.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!