Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Apparently Portsmouth have promised him a role as 'a number 9, but playing deep, looking for space', and have even come up with a name for the position
  • Addickted said:
    Had it confirmed that the minor hold up with the Kirk signing he will only join if he's made Captain.
    Well done @Addickted, roll out the old captain joke, always a goodun B)
  • Leuth said:
    Apparently Portsmouth have promised him a role as 'a number 9, but playing deep, looking for space', and have even come up with a name for the position
    I've been told that's false.
  • Leuth said:
    Apparently Portsmouth have promised him a role as 'a number 9, but playing deep, looking for space', and have even come up with a name for the position

An Enterprising forward?
  • Leuth said:
    Don't you dare mix DS9 with the original Star Wars with Obi Captain Kirk Kenobi
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    These wash jokes are getting too soaphisticated.. B)
    That's what happens when there are no angles on fish puns.

I admit some of the puns are feeling a bit delicate. Synthetic even.
    Let's hope that Thomas is in the mood to loosen the Pers(il) strings to get this deal done.
  • These wash jokes are getting too soaphisticated.. B)
    For that, you need to be hung out to dry.

• With Stockley up front and Kirk on the wing, we could plunder plenty goals by going the Ariel route.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Crewe manager opening answer at press conference:

https://youtu.be/32hhjAXvLjo
    Blimmin' 'ell ...... that was hard to watch. 

Struggled to make out much of what they were saying - so I switched on the sub-titles.

Sounds like he had the rug pulled from under his feet by his board .  Most likey sold Kirk and Dale 
  • Sponsored links:

• “That's what we're striving to do. And I'm sure by the end of transfer window we'll have brought more players in to help the whole group. There's active targets we've been after, we're very close to.

Nigel Adkins 
  • With Stockley up front and Kirk on the wing, we could plunder plenty goals by going the Ariel route.
    Don't forget Washington.

• In an Evening Standard interview with Adkins published tonight he’s said: 

I'd like to think we'll bring some more players in,” he said. 

“That's what we're striving to do. And I'm sure by the end of transfer window we'll have brought more players in to help the whole group. There's active targets we've been after, we're very close to. 

“Likewise so are other clubs, I like to think we're looking at good football players.

• edited August 2021
    If Nigel doesn't help iron out the creases in the squad he'll certainly be getting a bad press.
  • Oggy Red said:

Fair enough, i'll walk the line....
  • Everyone who has posted a washing powder joke or made a Kirk/Star Trek joke needs to get in the sea, sharpish. 
  • Roll on tomorrow when we can get back to some footie, i'm wrung out tonight B)
  • Oggy Red said:

Fair enough, i'll walk the line....
    As long as you don't peg out first.

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    We're getting through load after load of puns tonight.

It's all in good fun, I'm sure these puns won't deter gents from posting.
    Got to keep our powder dry for tomorrow.

• These puns are putting me in a spin. 
  • Ipswich still signing players on a Friday night! 

Can anyone give a summary on how good these players actually are? 

• “That's what we're striving to do. And I'm sure by the end of transfer window we'll have brought more players in to help the whole group. There's active targets we've been after, we're very close to.

Nigel Adkins 

Why post all that boring old claptrap about the football, Ronnie? @RonnieMoore

Especially when there's washing puns to be made. :smile:

• TomNight said:
    Ipswich still signing players on a Friday night! 

Hey not us!  You wouldn't get us doing anything as reckless as that. We much prefer torture, angst, rumour, puns and eventual disappointment.
  • TomNight said:

They just can’t stop can they, they’ve all ready got Ed Sheehan, who is apparently going to be in their’A’ team.
  • edited August 2021
    TomNight said:

Didn't get this one at first, then I realised ...washing blue.. subtle that one B)
  • Uboat said:
    Everyone who has posted a washing powder joke or made a Kirk/Star Trek joke needs to get in the sea, sharpish. 
    I'm just riding along on the crest of a wave!!
  • edited August 2021
    This thread will go into meltdown if Kirk doesn’t sign…….
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!