Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• So, NA said a decision on Gomes would be made this week. As of 7pm Friday - nothing.

Gallen said 2 attacking players to sign this week. As of 7pm Friday - nothing.

C'mon you glass half full guys.....I need a positive spin.

Looked like Gomas was a done deal on Wed but then two deals that we have been sitting on dropped on Thursday .. now this has changed the situation paying for two attacking players .. 

Good summary of what others have posted above 👏🏻 
  • Nixon reporting a minor hold up in the Kirk deal
    Crewe have said he has you play tomorrow ???? 
    I’m assuming you mean he has to play tomorrow? Risky for Crewe if they need the money which they do. An injury could be very costly for them. 
    I’m assuming you mean he has to play tomorrow? Risky for Crewe if they need the money which they do. An injury could be very costly for them. 
    Equally I bet they'll be hoping that he scores a hat-trick and so attracts further interest to create a bidding war.
    Equally I bet they'll be hoping that he scores a hat-trick and so attracts further interest to create a bidding war.
    If the player wants out he’s not going to be pulling up trees and risking his move. It’s why generally players close to a move are not selected.
  • edited August 2021
    Gomes is left footed, I am wondering if the George MacEachran rumour has any credibility and if George is lined up Madger will not sign.

Or is there someone else? 
    If there’s any truth in these rumours he needs to pull a groin muscle overnight 😉.
    If the player wants out he’s not going to be pulling up trees and risking his move. It’s why generally players close to a move are not selected.
    Hence the other reason why it'll be an unusual approach from Crewe if he plays

e.g. thats the whole reason they're refusing to play Tom Lowery as he wont sign a new deal - Although in his case, they're in the same boat with him as we were with Dillon Phillips last season
  • “If” Lowery rumours are true I doubt there will be much rush at all as he’s not done any pre season, even if he was announced he’d be a couple of weeks away.
  • Sponsored links:

• “If” Lowery rumours are true I doubt there will be much rush at all as he’s not done any pre season, even if he was announced he’d be a couple of weeks away.
    Can I be the first to say he fails the height test 😉.
  • Conveniently as we're the late game, when we see the Crewe teamsheet at 2pm we'll have all afternoon to continue the speculation!
  • Will be hilarious when he's playing despite signing for us yesterday according to some... 
  • So, NA said a decision on Gomes would be made this week. As of 7pm Friday - nothing.

NA said there would be a decision, not an announcement.

Gallen, they might of signed but not announced. 

Hope this helps, off to put my head in our blender now.

A decision,  not announcement.  That really is splitting hairs. As for might sign. More like no sign of anything . 1 signing in nearly 6 weeks.  That is not a good return for 40-42  days work.

😂 That’s the second post in a row of mine you’ve taken literally when it was tongue in cheek!
  • Laddick01 said:
    Will be hilarious when he's playing despite signing for us yesterday according to some... 
    3 posts. All negative. New user.

Feels like an Alt account.
    Has got about 59 of them 🤔🤔
    Yeah I heard we’re light years away from a deal.
    Yeah I heard we’re light years away from a deal.
    Kirk just need some space. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Kirk ain't signing. End of. Move on and just look forward to tomorrow. 
    Watching us get tore apart by the Massives?
    Absolutely. We've all missed a proper Charlton Saturday haven't we? 
    Are you Operation Pig?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ipswich tapping him up 😁
  • I hope we sign Kirk, purely so we can sing this at The Valley:

Can I borrow a feelin'?
    Could you send me a jar of love?
    Hurtin' hearts need some healin',
    Take my hand with your glove of love!
  • bobmunro said:
    lolwray said:
    bobmunro said:
    OK - enough of the doom and gloom, Star Trek puns and the like.

Dobson and Clare improve the squad - Stockley now OUR player - Famewo back and possibly a permanent future player for us - Clayden and Barker look like they can step up - Morgan will finally get the chance to prove what a very good player he is - Elerewe looks a talent - Henry and probably a few others from the academy could add something as well. There is nothing wrong with youth coming through at this level, and NA/SG see them on the training ground everyday - maybe they are looking elsewhere and not seeing anything that would add more than some of the academy boys. 'You can't win anything with kids' - yes, thank you Alan - that aged well.

I also expect at least two perms (maybe this week) and 3 or 4 loans before the window closes.

This is a f*cking pub league - we have the players to help us escape.

I know it's the hope that kills but I genuinely feel that we will be key challengers for the automatics and nailed on for the play-offs. Adkins is the right man, I'm convinced of that - and a full season of him in charge will give him the chance to prove that.

Keep the faith!
    Almost Henry V 
    On, on, you noblest Addicks.
    Or knoblest Addicks ! 

Looked like Gomas was a done deal on Wed but then two deals that we have been sitting on dropped on Thursday .. now this has changed the situation paying for two attacking players .. 

Good summary of what others have posted above 👏🏻 

Yes Col can read - it's writing that's the issue.
  • edited August 2021
    Crewe manager opening answer at press conference:

https://youtu.be/32hhjAXvLjo
  • RedChaser said:
    Nixon reporting a minor hold up in the Kirk deal
    If there’s any truth in these rumours he needs to pull a groin muscle overnight 😉.
    I'm sure he will as soon as he signs for us. 

He’s been training every day and apparently applying himself correctly so although not match fit he hasn’t exactly been sitting at home watching Homes Under the Hammer.

NA said there would be a decision, not an announcement.

Gallen, they might of signed but not announced. 

Hope this helps, off to put my head in our blender now.

A decision,  not announcement.  That really is splitting hairs. As for might sign. More like no sign of anything . 1 signing in nearly 6 weeks.  That is not a good return for 40-42  days work.

😂 That’s the second post in a row of mine you’ve taken literally when it was tongue in cheek!
    Not at all. If you write sometime like that you can hardly claim later it was a tongue in cheek statement. 😏
    I just did.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!