Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Ipswich could sign 3 players in the next few days.
    Surely they should be waiting until the end of the window to do their business?  ;)
    Ah but they'll then be looking on with jealous eyes when they see who we bring it

Even Man City are sitting there playing with their new Jack Grealish yet already looking sorrowfully towards Messi ;)
  • Scoham said:

still not replaced the squad numbers that were released and sold ..
    Neither have we.
  • Maybe time to cash out my top southern team bet.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Didn’t TS say signings would be made on the last day of the window?
    Just like that  :D:D:D
    Perhaps he said announced? Honestly can’t remember. 
    It is slightly vexing that others are announcing loans from Premier League clubs, while we’re still biting our nails. 
    But perhaps there’s another Conor Gallagher or Christian Bielik waiting in the wings? Remember the difference they made. 
    There could just as well be another Matt Smith or Matt Smith. Remember the difference they made.  :(
  • Scoham said:
    Surely they should be waiting until the end of the window to do their business?  ;)
    Yes.  Tactically naive.
  • edited August 2021
    Leuth said:
    Matt Smith 2 was decent. I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL
    It still baffles me why the other Matt Smith is on Man City’s books. 

The only reason I can think is that they’re harvesting British souls to get around the homegrown registration rules. 
  • Leuth said:

The only reason I can think is that they’re harvesting British souls to get around the homegrown registration rules. 
    He's under contract until 2023. I imagine he'll keep getting loaned out until his contract ends
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    MS2 did fairly well when he played - just rarely played!
  • Let's hope Ipswich don't want Kirk!
  • Leuth said:
    There's only Matt Smith I'd have liked us to sign is Doctor Who the Millwall one
  • Leuth said:
    MS2 did fairly well when he played - just rarely played!
    2 managers and an interim manager didn't see that 'decent' player Leuth saw. 
  • Leuth said:

He's under contract until 2023. I imagine he'll keep getting loaned out until his contract ends
    Or are they trying to replicate what Chelsea have done and loan youngsters out for a few years before selling them for a decent fee?
  • Let's hope Ipswich don't want Kirk!
    He won’t get regular game time with all their world stars they’ve hoovered up will he ? 😏
  • Dazzler21 said:NNot
    If Gomes is announced today - here's some of his stats for last season:

Played 22 games

Started the first 8 games of the season scoring 3 and assisting 1 from CM. (All three goals in the first three games, including against us)

Missed a large chunk of the season through injury

Returned and made 4 more starts between 30th Jan and the end of the season. Was otherwise limited to cameos of around 20 mins. 

Not been impressed by Gomes at all I'm afraid.  Think we can do a lot better  .
    There might be better out there but we ain't signing them !
  • Dazzler21 said:NNot
    If Gomes is announced today - here's some of his stats for last season:

Played 22 games

Started the first 8 games of the season scoring 3 and assisting 1 from CM. (All three goals in the first three games, including against us)

Missed a large chunk of the season through injury

Returned and made 4 more starts between 30th Jan and the end of the season. Was otherwise limited to cameos of around 20 mins. 

Not been impressed by Gomes at all I'm afraid.  Think we can do a lot better  .
    There might be better out there but we ain't signing them !
    He’ll be a squad player, I still expect us to fill other positions with players that will come in as first choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like the look of Ugbo if there’s any truth in that. Not sure he’d drop down to League One though.
    No truth in it at all. In fact it wasn't a rumour, just the usual wannabees throwing names out like confetti

Is he Serie A or Serie B? Sounds promising.
  • Another day slipping away.
  • shine166 said:
    Another day slipping away.
    Signed by 12, announced at 5 hopefully 
    ?
  • shine166 said:
    Another day slipping away.
    Signed by 12, announced at 5 hopefully 
    ?
    Gomes etc 
  • He means our new 12 year old scout that replaced Thomas Driesden will announce today's new signings at 5pm.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!