Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• cfgs said:
    So Henderson or another coming in.
    Or Harness will be No.2

To be fair a loan was always going to be on the cards (and rightly so) for Ashley

Another season on the bench would have been awful for his development
    True but Harness is very young to play if our 1st choice has an extended injury lay off.
  • Ashley Maynard-Brewer has gone to Ross County

👏🏻 always nice to help out the lesser leagues.
  • edited August 2021
  • edited August 2021
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Or Harness will be No.2

To be fair a loan was always going to be on the cards (and rightly so) for Ashley

True but Harness is very young to play if our 1st choice has an extended injury lay off.
    Emergency loan would cover that scenario. 

(As Cafc43v3r got in there with a moment before me!)
  • Looks like a good move for him, Ross County have an established keeper though so not sure how that will work with getting AMB minutes?
    Agreed, the keeper Laidlaw was their POTY last season. 
  • I wonder if the EFL have anything in place to help teams in a scenario where all their registered keepers are injured? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Or Harness will be No.2

As I've just said on his own thread, it wouldnt be ideal but think it would be stupid using a loan spot for a Goalkeeper

Even if its an emergency loan, as that would take us up to six loans, meaning an outfield player would have to miss out for however long
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Or Harness will be No.2

As I've just said on his own thread, it wouldnt be ideal but think it would be stupid using a loan spot for a Goalkeeper

Even if its an emergency loan, as that would take us up to six loans, meaning an outfield player would have to miss out for however long
    Depends if we plan to convert Famewo's loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ashley Maynard-Brewer has gone to Ross County

Go on The Staggies.

(my Scottish team!)
  • I wonder if the EFL have anything in place to help teams in a scenario where all their registered keepers are injured? 
    Usually an emergency loan (not sure if you've heard of that phrase before) ;)

But in Charlton's case the EFL will see we've got an U10 who can play in goal so will refuse us
    Usually an emergency loan (not sure if you've heard of that phrase before) ;)

But in Charlton's case the EFL will see we've got an U10 who can play in goal so will refuse us
    Bob Bolder seems to keep himself very fit.
  • Like the look of Ugbo if there’s any truth in that. Not sure he’d drop down to League One though.
  • edited August 2021
    Like the look of Ugbo if there’s any truth in that. Not sure he’d drop down to League One though.
    He shouldn't really complain, he hasn't shone in the English league so far.

He had a spell with Bristol City in which he didn't exactly shine, that with the two previous loans to this level really suggest he needs to get used to the faster more physical game.

That is of course if he wants to make his way in English football. 
  • He is a local lewisham boy though so family/friends must be this way could that play into our hands....
    great record the past 2 seasons tbf
  • Ipswich loaning Louie Barry from Villa. He’s a top prospect to be fair to them.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Also heard a potential loan signing today, don’t have any further details.

We have agreed a deal for Kirk, but had 3 offers on the table. So down to the player now.
    Looking like we’re nailed on for Kirk, going by his Mrs actions on social media.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    53 minutes left to sign for tomorrow.  Obviously you don't have to announce them.
    Love how some people get their knickers in a twist over a noon deadline for a match the next day  -  we've had THREE months to sign players for tomorrow so I doubt the club are that bothered. 

• cfgs said:
    Or Harness will be No.2

I would be surprised is Harness is number 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• WRONG WAY!!!!

THIS WAY!!!!

Sign someone!
  • Like the look of Ugbo if there’s any truth in that. Not sure he’d drop down to League One though.
    No truth in it at all. In fact it wasn't a rumour, just the usual wannabees throwing names out like confetti. 

• Dazzler21 said:
    Like the look of Ugbo if there’s any truth in that. Not sure he’d drop down to League One though.
    No truth in it at all. In fact it wasn't a rumour, just the usual wannabees throwing names out like confetti. 
    Not sure @SwingForward has ever put anything out as an ITK rumour before now?

A quick look at his profile suggests he has made comments about us being in for John Jules in this window. 

He also suggested last January that he wondered if Gallen was looking at Liam Millar of Liverpool, shortly after guess who signed on loan?

Last Summer he put forward many suggestions of who we should sign, but not that we were in for them. 
    Matt Smith?
  • Dizzle said:
    Ipswich loaning Louie Barry from Villa. He’s a top prospect to be fair to them.

• Ipswich could sign 3 players in the next few days.
  • Looks like a good move for him, Ross County have an established keeper though so not sure how that will work with getting AMB minutes?
    Agreed, the keeper Laidlaw was their POTY last season. 
    2+2. Laidlaw to Charlton... Guess
  • Scoham said:
    Ipswich could sign 3 players in the next few days.

still not replaced the squad numbers that were released and sold ..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!