Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Can someone who knows more about league one football give me an overview of the sort of player Kirk is?
    Lower league Jack Grealish. 

Right footed player who operates on the left, bags of talent. I believe he had the most assists in League Two when they went up. 

Very assured on the ball, quick but not rapid and has the ability to play defence splitting passes. I’d be over the moon if we signed him
    From the Crewe highlights I was watching it did look like he had an eye for a good pass. Of course you need players to be able to make those runs in the first place.
  • edited August 2021
    Can someone who knows more about league one football give me an overview of the sort of player Kirk is?
    A footballing god. It feels like he’s being hyped up in the way the likes of Delort and Reeves were. Sign him = champions, don’t sign him = mid table at best.
  • Scoham said:
    Can someone who knows more about league one football give me an overview of the sort of player Kirk is?
    A footballing god. It feels like he’s being hyped up in the way the likes of Delort and Reeves were. Sign him = champions, don’t sign him = mid table at best.
    Definitely this, but he's certainly a good LW at this level. 
  • matt88 said:
    Kirk and Lowery to come in from Crewe? From a Crewe messageboard
    Link?
  • In the absence of the master. WIOTOS
  • matt88 said:
    I would be supprised by Lowery.  Very good player and has "issues" at Crewe but not sure how he would fit into the transfers we have done so far.  Saying that you can't have too many good players, can you? 
  • edited August 2021
    matt88 said:
    Lowery would be a surprise out of nowhere. Did/does Gomes contract depend on Lowery signing?

(3G 8A last season from CM)

Also couldn't see anything on their main message board (Platform12) about us having signed them, only that we were re-igniting interest in Kirk. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else search Charlie Kirk in Twitter and come across thousands of tweets from some anti-vax republican nutta who runs a shady think tank.  
    Sign him up, anyway. No one will know the difference.

• It looks like we are at least in for him but Get ready for a massive meltdown if he signs for wigan or ipswich....😳😂
  • It looks like we are at least in for him but Get ready for a massive meltdown if he signs for wigan or ipswich....😳😂
    *WHEN*
  • We're now at the point where we've got fans messaging Kirk's girlfriend on Instagram... 🤦🏻‍♂️
    There’s a separate thread for this, go in the search bar type “would ya?”
  • If Kirk comes in then my personality shift will be up there with Kevin becoming a teenager in Harry Enfield…
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it's 'F*ck it Friday' and everybody is winding down.

But just hurry up and sign him or anybody else who happens to turn up at Sparrows Lane.
    I wish they'd get on with it ..... I've still got loads to do.

• bobmunro said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I know it's 'F*ck it Friday' and everybody is winding down.

But just hurry up and sign him or anybody else who happens to turn up at Sparrows Lane.
    I wish they'd get on with it ..... I've still got loads to do.

I'm driving down tomorrow, so I could pick Charlie up on the way - Gresty Road is just a small detour. 
    Thanks Bob, bring Owen Dale too. 
  • What time does the afternoon training finish? IF we have made any signings in time for tomorrow chances are they are training with the team / having the last “chalk and talk” before the match now, then will be taken to the valley for the photo shoot and announced at that stage?

• Chrispy51 said:
    What time does the afternoon training finish? IF we have made any signings in time for tomorrow chances are they are training with the team / having the last “chalk and talk” before the match now, then will be taken to the valley for the photo shoot and announced at that stage?

I could be wrong but I don’t think they do afternoon training? 
  • Bit odd that there is noise on this move from the Crewe end now. Makes me think it has some legs? Was ready to dismiss it out of hand yesterday.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Someone asked him if it’s actually happen he said “99.9%”
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!