Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Anyway, did he ignore/not reply? 
    English is a constantly evolving language. 
    Snazzy, fab & groovy have been replaced 🙁
    Peng. 
    Wicked! Or should I have said, "Sick!" .... ?

• edited August 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Peng. 
    Wicked! Or should I have said, "Sick!" .... ?
    The latest I heard was ‘my slime’. Which is what you call your mate/pal/chum/buddy. Although only to be used with caution. 😂
    And apparently ‘my slime’ has replaced ‘my G’. Jeepers!
  • bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Hal1x said:
    Peng. 
    Right on, man!
    Groovy baby.😌
  • cabbles said:
    chev said:
    Bloody Hell, Nixon should have his own tv show with Russell Grant, Mystic Meg and the late Derek Accora.

Nixon “there may be some players in, but there could also be players leaving”

Mystic Meg “the lottery numbers will be any 7 from 1 to 59”

Russell Grant “Love will come for you, but it might not, be prepared for either scenario”

Derek “I’m seeing someone that used to live here, once a upon a time”

I believe Derek Accora died from unforeseen circumstances.

Mystic Meg often performs with a feather down her knickers and is a happy medium.

Nixon has the ability to make players disappear.

Russel Grant who loves his non League football often make correct predictions when Neptune is close to Uranus.
  • Who's the air apparent, then?
  • ...so to summarise today

Nixon saying "something in Kirk" on twitter

@Swisdom confirming 'I believe we have put a bid in'

@TheAddicks4Ever has heard from a man in the pub we are interested in Mungo Bridge, Loan from Aston Villa.

• Charlton are going to rely on their younger players because that is the argument to make the better kids sign for Cafc in the first place. If they don't see a route through to the first team we will lose out on even more talented youngsters. Catch 22 for Cafc as we need the journey men players as well and the 21-24 age group who may be next Vardy, Holt or Lambert,(Ajose normally)
    So difficult for Steve Gallen 
  • Charlton are going to rely on their younger players because that is the argument to make the better kids sign for Cafc in the first place. If they don't see a route through to the first team we will lose out on even more talented youngsters. Catch 22 for Cafc as we need the journey men players as well and the 21-24 age group who may be next Vardy, Holt or Lambert,(Ajose normally)
    In the last 30 years you can probably count on one hand the number of kids that have had to leave Charlton because they didn't get a chance.  Some left because they weren't good enough for where we are and we passed them on the way down.

I think that's a ridiculous argument to not sign players, if it's true, or you think it's true. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well Bet 365 clearly don’t see us as title challengers 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • cabbles said:
    chev said:
    Bloody Hell, Nixon should have his own tv show with Russell Grant, Mystic Meg and the late Derek Accora.

Russell Grant “Love will come for you, but it might not, be prepared for either scenario”

Mystic Meg often performs with a feather down her knickers and is a happy medium.

Russel Grant who loves his non League football often make correct predictions when Neptune is close to Uranus.
    Fuck sake I’ve just found out the legend Derek Acorah is dead 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Good to see Stockley and Dobson being highlighted in that video. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Well Bet 365 clearly don’t see us as title challengers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure how Portsmouth are getting anywhere near a title challenge either.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Charlton are going to rely on their younger players because that is the argument to make the better kids sign for Cafc in the first place. If they don't see a route through to the first team we will lose out on even more talented youngsters. Catch 22 for Cafc as we need the journey men players as well and the 21-24 age group who may be next Vardy, Holt or Lambert,(Ajose normally)
    In the last 30 years you can probably count on one hand the number of kids that have had to leave Charlton because they didn't get a chance.  Some left because they weren't good enough for where we are and we passed them on the way down.

I think that's a ridiculous argument to not sign players, if it's true, or you think it's true. 
    Agreed, we've always been fair with giving youngsters a chance, admittedly some of it because the owner(s) forced us lack squad depth. Every single club outside the top Prem few rely on a few youngsters every season to fill the gaps, we are no different. I can't see how we have to persuade youngsters to join, we have a pretty decent track record. We will lose out to the bigger clubs but playing a few kids this year won't change that anyway. 
  • Stockley?  
  • TomNight said:
    cabbles said:
    chev said:

Fuck sake I’ve just found out the legend Derek Acorah is dead 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Tom, you'd make a crap spirit medium. :smile:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Well Bet 365 clearly don’t see us as title challengers 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Nor do I with our current paper thin first team squad
  • Stockley?  
    Looks to thin to be Stockley … ??
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Or maybe they just didn't want to sign him? Adkins isn't the type to just bring in anyone just to fill a space in the squad. He wants players that fit into HIS team and I don't think he's likely to compromise - pretty sure he'd rather just play academy players than sign people he isn't 100% on. 
     The point is nothing has happened as Adkins said it would happen this week one way or the other.
    And the week hasn't finished yet...... 
    You said that sort of thing weeks ago but it leaves no time for him to move on if he has something before the season starts.
    This week certainly hadn't finished weeks ago.

Adkins said something will happen one way or another this week.  You said obviously nothing has happened.

He has got until noon tomorrow to sign so he can play on Saturday.  
     Dear me. You were saying weeks ago that there was loads of time to sign people . 
    As I said before , your problem  is you are disingenuous.  

There is sod all time to get players in before the season starts . 4 weeks ago during which time there has been sos all activity,  you were saying there was plenty  of time. 

What happened to getting players to have a good pre season. 🤔 Wasn't  that a CAFC aim for once after all the crap of the past few pre seasons ?

There is still plenty of time to get signings in before the window shuts.  There is over 20 hours to go to register them in time for tomorrow.

It's not perfect, everyone know that, don't  have a tantrum at me because you haven't had enough presents this year and your too impatient to wait.

As for was it CAFCs aim, apparently so, but I have no idea what that has got to do with me.

Your problem is your act like an idiot. 
     As soon as you lose an argument you start the insults.  This is a form of media bullying as you are aware. Saying  you are disingenuous is hardly the same. 
    My point is one cannot keep saying there is plenty of time when nearly 3 months have slipped by to firm a smaller , weaker squad than last May. 
    As everyone knows the end of sales is littered with those items nobody fancied much in the first place. 
    I can't see what argument I have lost, nor one you have ever won.  But cry bully every time your proved to be posting nonsense. 

Have you asked for a refund on your season ticket, as another poster asked?  Or do you only reply to me because you know I'll bite and feed the troll? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockley?  
    Unless it's pixelation, I thought Stockley had more of a beard and the guy looks a bit smaller in the clip. He was wearing that colour for his boots though tbf.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Or maybe they just didn't want to sign him? Adkins isn't the type to just bring in anyone just to fill a space in the squad. He wants players that fit into HIS team and I don't think he's likely to compromise - pretty sure he'd rather just play academy players than sign people he isn't 100% on. 
     The point is nothing has happened as Adkins said it would happen this week one way or the other.
    You said that sort of thing weeks ago but it leaves no time for him to move on if he has something before the season starts.

Adkins said something will happen one way or another this week.  You said obviously nothing has happened.

Dear me. You were saying weeks ago that there was loads of time to sign people . 

There is sod all time to get players in before the season starts . 4 weeks ago during which time there has been sos all activity,  you were saying there was plenty  of time. 

What happened to getting players to have a good pre season. 🤔 Wasn't  that a CAFC aim for once after all the crap of the past few pre seasons ?

There is still plenty of time to get signings in before the window shuts.  There is over 20 hours to go to register them in time for tomorrow.

It's not perfect, everyone know that, don't  have a tantrum at me because you haven't had enough presents this year and your too impatient to wait.

As for was it CAFCs aim, apparently so, but I have no idea what that has got to do with me.

As soon as you lose an argument you start the insults.  This is a form of media bullying as you are aware. Saying  you are disingenuous is hardly the same. 
    My point is one cannot keep saying there is plenty of time when nearly 3 months have slipped by to firm a smaller , weaker squad than last May. 
    As everyone knows the end of sales is littered with those items nobody fancied much in the first place. 
    The trouble is you keep saying our squad is weaker than last season. You are perfectly welcome to your opinion but you keep making the case as if it is fact. That isnt other peoples opinion, I for one do not think that, and i cannot see how you put it forward as fact, you have absolutely no idea how some of our younger players will perform when they are called upon. None of them have done themselves harm in PSF's and as i have said before i would rather see what they can do before rushing out and buying players just to get numbers in. Most of the players being mentioned have shown their level the likes of Deji and the other fringe youngsters havent.
    That is my opinion but I dont put it out there as fact !
  • Stockley?  
    Looks like Stockley from this pic earlier 

• Stockley?  
    Great now we’re fat shaming!!! This forum!🤷🏻‍♂️😜🤣
  • Vfrf said:
    Stockley?  
    Unless it's pixelation, I thought Stockley had more of a beard and the guy looks a bit smaller in the clip. He was wearing that colour for his boots though tbf.

It does look like Charlie Kirk ….. ? Can it ? 
  • Stockley?  
    Looks like Claydon to me

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We know, Mr Adkins knows and so does anyone who pays attention, that the squad rebuilding is not finished.
    I'm sure if the club could have realistically further strengthened the squad by now, they would have done.

This is a transfer window that's unfolding in a disappointing way for most clubs in this division - it's not only us.
    All the reasons why have already been discussed to death.

• Shrew said:
    ...so to summarise today

Nixon saying "something in Kirk" on twitter

@Swisdom confirming 'I believe we have put a bid in'

@TheAddicks4Ever has heard from a man in the pub we are interested in Mungo Bridge, Loan from Aston Villa.

No. It was me who added the comment to Swisdoms post saying I believed a bid had been put in.
  • Vfrf said:
    Stockley?  

It does look like Charlie Kirk ….. ? Can it ? 
    Clayden
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!