Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Lee Gregory on his way to Chef Wendy.
    I’ll be amazed if they don’t smash this league. They’ve got a mid table championship team
    They really haven't. 
    Without a points deduction they’d still be in the Championship. These players are Championship quality: 

GK: Bailey Peacock-Farrell 

FB’s: Jack Hunt, Liam Palmer 

CB’s: Dominic Iorfa, Sam Hutchinson, Chey Dunkley

Midfield: Barry Bannan, George Byers, Massimo Luongo, Lewis Wing, Dennis Adeniran, Marvin Johnson

Strikers: Callum Paterson, Josh Windass 

That’s not including Lee Gregory or any others they sign. There’s also fringe players like Andre Green, Shodipo, Dele-Bashiru and Alex Hunt. 

I disagree about some of them but either way assuming all of them will still be there when the window shuts is a big assumption.  Wouldn't surprise me if some are going by Saturday. 
  • mart77 said:
    The Fan Adviser has just said ‘watch this space’ on Twitter to some moaning about the lack of signings and poor squad depth. Hopefully positive🤞🏻
    as if they'd tell the Fan Advisor anything.
    Perhaps she's registered herself as a player  ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ll be amazed if they don’t smash this league. They’ve got a mid table championship team
    They really haven't. 
    Without a points deduction they’d still be in the Championship. These players are Championship quality: 

Midfield: Barry Bannan, George Byers, Massimo Luongo, Lewis Wing, Dennis Adeniran, Marvin Johnson

That’s not including Lee Gregory or any others they sign. There’s also fringe players like Andre Green, Shodipo, Dele-Bashiru and Alex Hunt. 

I disagree about some of them but either way assuming all of them will still be there when the window shuts is a big assumption.  Wouldn't surprise me if some are going by Saturday. 
    I’ve only included the players that have spent a significant part of their career in the Championship, so I’m not sure who you would say isn’t Championship quality.  

I thought they’d go too, but they’re on such high wages it seems they’ll only get that sort of money at Sheffield Wednesday. Barry Bannan has already said he’s not leaving, so I wouldn’t bank on their team drastically changing.
  • Lee Gregory on his way to Chef Wendy.
    If they have a mid table championship team, why did they get relegated from the championship?
    Because they had a points deduction which put them into the relegation zone. Without that, they’d have been safe. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    They really haven't. 

Can see why someone would think this is good for league one.

But for me there’s a lot of deadwood in there that wont be particularly motivated by a long slog in league one.  Just my opinion.
  • Bannon won’t stay. He’s probably the best midfielder in league one . It’s just a shame he’ll be playing on Saturday. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They really haven't. 

I’ve only included the players that have spent a significant part of their career in the Championship, so I’m not sure who you would say isn’t Championship quality.  

I thought they’d go too, but they’re on such high wages it seems they’ll only get that sort of money at Sheffield Wednesday. Barry Bannan has already said he’s not leaving, so I wouldn’t bank on their team drastically changing.
    You could have said last season the majority of our squad had played a significant part of their careers in the championship or higher....      Would you say they were all championship quality? 
    If they have a mid table championship team, why did they get relegated from the championship?
    Because they had a points deduction which put them into the relegation zone. Without that, they’d have been safe. 
    They wouldn’t have been mid table though . They would have been 21st with the six points extra
    Mid table team doesn’t mean a team is guaranteed to finish 12th. I mean the individual players within the team are mid table Championship players.

Barnsley had a mid table team but good management saw them finish 5th, Bournemouth had a very talented squad but poor management saw them finish 6th. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Struggling to see how we even make the playoffs compared to some of these squads I'm seeing, woefully short in every position bar CM and RB.
  • Chunes said:
    We have Wednesday preview thread but instead we're discussing the Wednesday team in the Rumours thread.

Classic Rumours thread!
    Don’t worry, tomorrow we’ll return to discussing the important subjects of BBQs and Lyle Taylor. 
  • edited August 2021
    I don’t know about air, but I’ve awful wind today!!, usually means were gonna sign someone👍.
  • edited August 2021
    Safe to say there is no new signing in the squad for Saturday then, not sure what the deadline is but doesn’t sound like anything close at all just a couple of Twitter rumours.  

Short term worry is the MK dons game which is midweek, surely Innis is not gonna do Saturday/Tuesday already, as well as maybe Washington and any others who pick up knocks. 
  • Safe to say there is no new signing in the squad for Saturday then, not sure what the deadline is but doesn’t sound like anything close at all just a couple of Twitter rumours.  
    hmmm
    Big difference between safe and mid table.

but they did get points deducted and they assembled a squad through cheating. They deserve to be in league 1
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They really haven't. 

You could have said last season the majority of our squad had played a significant part of their careers in the championship or higher....      Would you say they were all championship quality? 
    Well we certainly underachieved last season. 

I recall our Championship experienced players being in their 30’s and seeing out their career. Pearce, Watson, Pratley and Gunter were in different stages of their careers than say Josh Windass, Iorfa, Luongo, Byers, Dunkley or Paterson. Barry Bannan’s 31 but he’s still a top player. 

Adam Matthews and Ben Amos weren’t seeing out their careers, but I’d say they’re good enough to play in the Championship. 
  • Sheff Wed squad will look diff come end of Aug.. they have to cut their wage bill as the have  a points deduction hanging over them if they break the rules again 
  • Sponsored links:

• Safe to say there is no new signing in the squad for Saturday then, not sure what the deadline is but doesn’t sound like anything close at all just a couple of Twitter rumours. 
    19 hours..... 
  • Sheff Wed squad will look diff come end of Aug.. they have to cut their wage bill as the have  a points deduction hanging over them if they break the rules again 
    They've already cut it enough. Comment from a Wednesday fan "Rhodes was 35k a week, Reach was 24k a week, Tom Lees 20k a week, Borner 18k, Izzy brown 20k, a week etc..."

Crazy money, releasing Rhodes would probably cover most of our squad

Short term worry is the MK dons game which is midweek, surely Innis is not gonna do Saturday/Tuesday already, as well as maybe Washington and any others who pick up knocks. 
    MK Dons is the week after next, so still a bit of time to get some bodies in before then.
  • edited August 2021
    Croydon said:
    Safe to say there is no new signing in the squad for Saturday then, not sure what the deadline is but doesn’t sound like anything close at all just a couple of Twitter rumours.  

MK Dons is the week after next, so still a bit of time to get some bodies in before then.
    I guess our ambition in the transfer windows now has dropped to "just getting bodies" by opening day. Aiming high, we are.  :/
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They really haven't. 

Could you? No more than 7/8, that's not the majority of the squad. 
  • Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Anyway, did he ignore/not reply? 
    English is a constantly evolving language. 
    Snazzy, fab & groovy have been replaced 🙁
    Peng. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Peng. 
    Right on, man!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Hal1x said:
    Peng. 
    Whatever...
  • Cloudworm said:
    Jac_52 said:
    I've seen that tweet re Charlie Kirk, excuse my old age ignorance what does "Air if you're coming to Charlton" mean?
    Is he confirming he is?
    Also when did we let Gomes go?

It means ignore / don't reply if you're coming to Charlton. A highly sophisticated technique to extract information I must say.
    Fucking hell, this bloke’s annoyed me already. Hope we don’t sign him.

I always find plain English is better , even  with typo errors. 

God , I hate things like ," back in the day". Which fucking day ? The can't  be arsed to explain brigade or the Kathy Burke, 'know what I mean' mob.
    Back in the day I’d have ignored that comment but now I find it very annoying.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!