Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Lee Gregory on his way to Chef Wendy.
  • Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Anyway, did he ignore/not reply? 
    They are saying what they mean, you just don’t understand it. 

Language is just syllables chucked together to convey a thought or feeling, slang is as valid as any other type of language.
    You're right I don't understand it, but honestly 'air' means ignore or don't reply, it don't make sense!
    I don't agree with 'my bad' either, however at least I can see a correlation! What's the correlation between 'air' and its new meaning?
    Anyway the point is, what is happening with Kirk? 
  • Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Oh ffs now he's off on one again.
    As if the NHS isn't under enough pressure, will you lot stop winding the old fella up!
  • mart77 said:
    The Fan Adviser has just said ‘watch this space’ on Twitter to some moaning about the lack of signings and poor squad depth. Hopefully positive🤞🏻
    Are they responsible for signings now then?  Probably just following the be patient mantra.
  • My Crewe supporting friend seems convinced Kirk is on his way out , not necessarily to us , apparently had Championship interest too
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Or maybe they just didn't want to sign him? Adkins isn't the type to just bring in anyone just to fill a space in the squad. He wants players that fit into HIS team and I don't think he's likely to compromise - pretty sure he'd rather just play academy players than sign people he isn't 100% on. 
     The point is nothing has happened as Adkins said it would happen this week one way or the other.
    And the week hasn't finished yet...... 
    You said that sort of thing weeks ago but it leaves no time for him to move on if he has something before the season starts.
    This week certainly hadn't finished weeks ago.

Adkins said something will happen one way or another this week.  You said obviously nothing has happened.

He has got until noon tomorrow to sign so he can play on Saturday.  
     Dear me. You were saying weeks ago that there was loads of time to sign people . 
    As I said before , your problem  is you are disingenuous.  

There is sod all time to get players in before the season starts . 4 weeks ago during which time there has been sos all activity,  you were saying there was plenty  of time. 

What happened to getting players to have a good pre season. 🤔 Wasn't  that a CAFC aim for once after all the crap of the past few pre seasons ?

Have you applied for the refund on your season ticket yet? I seem to recall you saying a while back that it was sold to you under false pretences. 
  • cfgs said:
    mart77 said:
    The Fan Adviser has just said ‘watch this space’ on Twitter to some moaning about the lack of signings and poor squad depth. Hopefully positive🤞🏻
    Are they responsible for signings now then?  Probably just following the be patient mantra.
    Tbf she was due to meet TS this week so I’d guess she may know something 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    My Crewe supporting friend seems convinced Kirk is on his way out , not necessarily to us , apparently had Championship interest too
    He gave 'air' so he's coming here I think...
  • mart77 said:
    cfgs said:
    mart77 said:
    Tbf she was due to meet TS this week so I’d guess she may know something 
    Could be true but unless he has said somebody had actually just signed it would be his positivity that she heard.
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Hal1x said:
    Oh ffs now he's off on one again.
    As if the NHS isn't under enough pressure, will you lot stop winding the old fella up!
    Air if you agree ;)
    My bad for airing, I got confused!
  • No major gaps in the first XI so no obvious positions being targeted. But looking a bit bare 17-23.

1 Craig MacGillivray 

2 Chris Gunter

3 Ben Purrington

4 George Dobson

5 Akin Famewo

6 Jason Pearce

7 Diallang Jaiyesimi

8 Jake Forster-Caskey

9 Jayden Stockley

10 Albie Morgan

11 Alex Gilbey

13 Ashley Maynard-Brewer 

14 Conor Washington

16 Adam Matthews

24 Ryan Inniss

25 Josh Davison

26 Ben Watson

28 Sean Clare

29 Ronnie Schwartz

31 Nathan Harness (gk)

32 Hady Ghandour

33 Ben Dempsey

34 Wassim Aouachria

35 James Vennings

36 Charles Clayden

37 Johl Powell

40 Charlie Barker

42 Aaron Henry

49 Jacob Roddy

50 Deji Elerewe

NO8 will be filled by a loan NO15 surely while JFC recovers 

NO11 how’s Gilbey doing ? 

Good news for Albie Morgan 

I imagine we will still be in for 2 perms and 3 loans yet 
  • Hal1x said:

Language is just syllables chucked together to convey a thought or feeling, slang is as valid as any other type of language.
    You're right I don't understand it, but honestly 'air' means ignore or don't reply, it don't make sense!
    I don't agree with 'my bad' either, however at least I can see a correlation! What's the correlation between 'air' and its new meaning?
    Its been around for a while, as long as I can remember. I’ve never asked about the origin, I just know what it means and how to use it - Not dissimilar to any other word in the dictionary. 

My understanding is it’s referring to the empty space between someone saying something and nobody responding. You can also comment on the “air time”, which is the length of time someone has been “aired”. Again, language is just nonsense sounds put together to articulate ones consciousness, there’s no one way to do it.

Regarding Kirk, we probably have bid for him but the hype is most likely exaggerated from people guessing on here, I wouldn’t read into it. 
  • Hal1x said:

Its been around for a while, as long as I can remember. I’ve never asked about the origin, I just know what it means and how to use it - Not dissimilar to any other word in the dictionary. 

My understanding is it’s referring to the empty space between someone saying something and nobody responding. You can also comment on the “air time”, which is the length of time someone has been “aired”. Again, language is just nonsense sounds put together to articulate ones consciousness, there’s no one way to do it.

Regarding Kirk, we probably have bid for him but the hype is most likely exaggerated from people guessing on here, I wouldn’t read into it. 
    Yes and no.

There has to be one generally understood lexicon otherwise every individual would develop their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Or maybe they just didn't want to sign him? Adkins isn't the type to just bring in anyone just to fill a space in the squad. He wants players that fit into HIS team and I don't think he's likely to compromise - pretty sure he'd rather just play academy players than sign people he isn't 100% on. 
     The point is nothing has happened as Adkins said it would happen this week one way or the other.
    And the week hasn't finished yet...... 
    You said that sort of thing weeks ago but it leaves no time for him to move on if he has something before the season starts.
    This week certainly hadn't finished weeks ago.

Adkins said something will happen one way or another this week.  You said obviously nothing has happened.

He has got until noon tomorrow to sign so he can play on Saturday.  
     Dear me. You were saying weeks ago that there was loads of time to sign people . 
    As I said before , your problem  is you are disingenuous.  

There is sod all time to get players in before the season starts . 4 weeks ago during which time there has been sos all activity,  you were saying there was plenty  of time. 

What happened to getting players to have a good pre season. 🤔 Wasn't  that a CAFC aim for once after all the crap of the past few pre seasons ?

Taken from EFL website:
    "The EFL has confirmed the summer transfer window in England will run for 12 weeks from Wednesday, June 9 and will close at 11 pm on Tuesday, August 31"

I’ll be amazed if they don’t smash this league. They’ve got a mid table championship team
  • Jac_52 said:
    mart77 said:

Space..... THE FINAL FRONTIER. Kirk confirmed.
    Ffs... Beam me up scotty!! B)
  • Hal1x said:

Every generation has its own slang. 
  • edited August 2021
    Hal1x said:

Every generation has its own slang. 
    Bit like my stepdad moaning about blokes wearing  make up and stupid clothes.... but literally modelled himself on noddy holder (his mates call him noddy) and wore all the clobber inc a mirrored hat 😅
    I’ll be amazed if they don’t smash this league. They’ve got a mid table championship team
    I thought they were skint?
    Lee Gregory is pony, granted I’m sure you’re basing this post on more than just that transfer but ask a millwall pal they’ll tell you he’s league one at best and certainly not championship mid table standard.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Lee Gregory on his way to Chef Wendy.
    They really haven't. 
    Without a points deduction they’d still be in the Championship. These players are Championship quality: 

GK: Bailey Peacock-Farrell 

FB’s: Jack Hunt, Liam Palmer 

CB’s: Dominic Iorfa, Sam Hutchinson, Chey Dunkley

Midfield: Barry Bannan, George Byers, Massimo Luongo, Lewis Wing, Dennis Adeniran, Marvin Johnson

Strikers: Callum Paterson, Josh Windass 

That’s not including Lee Gregory or any others they sign. There’s also fringe players like Andre Green, Shodipo, Dele-Bashiru and Alex Hunt. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!