Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I just had to google “air slang” as thought all the above posters were on a wind up. 
  • TomNight said:
    Just tested positive for Covid. Fucking devastated. 

Anyone want a ticket? Covered End Block L.... 
    make sure you lick the ticket before handing it over 
  • MUNGO BRIDGE 
    Over troubled waters.
  • Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Anyway, did he ignore/not reply? 
  • Hal1x said:
    Im getting to old for all this, why don't people just say what they bleeding mean- yes i'm coming or do you think i'm bleeding mad if they are not.
    Couldn't agree more mate, just speak bloody English!! It's the same as "my bad", just say "mistake", the world's gone mad! Or is there a different saying or word for that?
    Anyway, did he ignore/not reply? 
    Don't know, mate ..... I haven't been able to work out what it means either.

• Jac_52 said:
    I've seen that tweet re Charlie Kirk, excuse my old age ignorance what does "Air if you're coming to Charlton" mean?
    Is he confirming he is?
    Also when did we let Gomes go?

It means ignore / don't reply if you're coming to Charlton. A highly sophisticated technique to extract information I must say.
    Fucking hell, this bloke’s annoyed me already. Hope we don’t sign him.

• Sponsored links:

• MUNGO BRIDGE 

Beat me to it
  • If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Or maybe they just didn't want to sign him? Adkins isn't the type to just bring in anyone just to fill a space in the squad. He wants players that fit into HIS team and I don't think he's likely to compromise - pretty sure he'd rather just play academy players than sign people he isn't 100% on. 
     The point is nothing has happened as Adkins said it would happen this week one way or the other.
    And the week hasn't finished yet...... 
  • edited August 2021
    Squad numbers now on the OS,,.. with Ronnie at No.29 if anyone's interested B)
    @Callumcafc has very kindly listed them below for me ;);)
  • Madger Gnomes has signed…with scarfy as well.  

Sadly, fails the CL height test.

• If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Or maybe they just didn't want to sign him? Adkins isn't the type to just bring in anyone just to fill a space in the squad. He wants players that fit into HIS team and I don't think he's likely to compromise - pretty sure he'd rather just play academy players than sign people he isn't 100% on. 
     The point is nothing has happened as Adkins said it would happen this week one way or the other.
    How do you know nothing has happened? 'One way or the other' - your words. If we do not intend to sign him then why would we have to broadcast that fact?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

And what NA said was "time will tell" but DFTT
  • Many of the u23s given a squad number.

There's the League Cup and Johnny Paint Pot Trophy, of course.
    Plus the bench needs filling on Saturday.
  • not signing Gomes could be positive - someone better must be close
    So we're not signing Gomes as he could have tested positive with Covid.

Have I got that right?
  • Sponsored links:

• No major gaps in the first XI so no obvious positions being targeted. But looking a bit bare 17-23.

12 and 15 missing too
  • No 12 currently 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

You said that sort of thing weeks ago but it leaves no time for him to move on if he has something before the season starts.
    This week certainly hadn't finished weeks ago.

Adkins said something will happen one way or another this week.  You said obviously nothing has happened.

He has got until noon tomorrow to sign so he can play on Saturday.  
  • Nothing is happening anywhere in league one at the moment. It’s a really strange pre season . 
  • Squad numbers now on the OS,,.. with Ronnie at No.29 if anyone's interested B)
    @Callumcafc has very kindly listed them below for me ;);)
    That is his target this season😃
    In minutes played? 
  • edited August 2021
    This is boring. Will refresh again soon though. 
  • I still reckon if we go down we will come straight back up.

• mendonca said:
    This is boring. Will refresh again soon though. 
    Why leave it to everyone else to write rubbish?

Come on, mate ....... your turn to write some nonsense. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!