Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• When we play them they'll be MK Wins!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kirk is an official rumour, it's been about since early in the window, but was not suggested by any lifers before media types - Therefore it never made it onto my list. 
    It was reported that Kirk was a player we wanted to sign last January window.
    Messed up by a greedy agent apparently, some people have said.

As a previous poster suggested, define an "official" rumour, @Dazzler21 ......? :smile:
     I think we have to treat rumours as one of four categories. 

1. Lifer's ITK Rumours - Rumours shared by lifers, that were previously unheard of with previously unheard of updates. - VFR4life's Dobson signing is the easy example  
    2. Unofficial Rumours - Random rumours from Teenagers & Nixon on twitter.
    3. Official Rumours - Rumours announced by the media types. - Sean Clare is the most recent example.
    4. Colin Rumours - Regurgitated or made up rumours, usually an hour or so after someone has already announced a rumour. 

Only Cat 1 rumours make it to my spready - though I am certain some Cat 4's have. 
    That's a good explanation of your categories, @Dazzler21

But (just playing here) surely all rumours, by definition, are unofficial ..... ?
    Otherwise they'd be fact. :wink:

• edited August 2021
    on second thoughts scrap that ...
  • I am seriously concerned about the lack of left footed players and apart from Gomes we do not seem to be linked with anyone.

I do not have any real knowledge of Academy football which is why I normally suggest experienced players.

After offloading Pratley and Shinnie and with Pearce and Watson playing lesser roles this season. Would we now consider more experienced free agents?

Charlie Daniels is available following his release from Portsmouth. He would do a job at left back. I wouldn't fancy the right footed Roddy being blooded in the league if there is another injury. 

I noticed that the ex Shrewsbury player Sean Goss was moved on from his trial at Pompey and I was always impressed pre injury by Emyr Huws. He appears to have trialled at Donny, but like all players coming back from injury he would be a risk. 

• Richard J said:
    I am seriously concerned about the lack of left footed players and apart from Gomes we do not seem to be linked with anyone.

I do not have any real knowledge of Academy football which is why I normally suggest experienced players.

After offloading Pratley and Shinnie and with Pearce and Watson playing lesser roles this season. Would we now consider more experienced free agents?

Charlie Daniels is available following his release from Portsmouth. He would do a job at left back. I wouldn't fancy the right footed Roddy being blooded in the league if there is another injury. 

I noticed that the ex Shrewsbury player Sean Goss was moved on from his trial at Pompey and I was always impressed pre injury by Emyr Huws. He appears to have trialled at Donny, but like all players coming back from injury he would be a risk. 

Charles is left footed.
  • Macronate said:
    Make no Bones about it, I wish we'd just Uhura up and sign Kirk.
    Picard Facepalm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Question, if we sign Gomes to a deal, do you pronounce it

Mad-Ger Go-mezz

Majj-err (like Badger) Go-mezz

Or is the surname Gomss like homes, or even Gom-edge like the Portuguese way of saying it?

• Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kirk is an official rumour, it's been about since early in the window, but was not suggested by any lifers before media types - Therefore it never made it onto my list. 
    It was reported that Kirk was a player we wanted to sign last January window.
    Messed up by a greedy agent apparently, some people have said.

As a previous poster suggested, define an "official" rumour, @Dazzler21 ......? :smile:
     I think we have to treat rumours as one of four categories. 

1. Lifer's ITK Rumours - Rumours shared by lifers, that were previously unheard of with previously unheard of updates. - VFR4life's Dobson signing is the easy example  
    2. Unofficial Rumours - Random rumours from Teenagers & Nixon on twitter.
    3. Official Rumours - Rumours announced by the media types. - Sean Clare is the most recent example.
    4. Colin Rumours - Regurgitated or made up rumours, usually an hour or so after someone has already announced a rumour. 

Only Cat 1 rumours make it to my spready - though I am certain some Cat 4's have. 
    That's a good explanation of your categories, @Dazzler21

But (just playing here) surely all rumours, by definition, are unofficial ..... ?
    Otherwise they'd be fact. :wink:

This.
    With you 100% there Oggy. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    Make no Bones about it, I wish we'd just Uhura up and sign Kirk.
    Picard Facepalm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    It's a rumour Jim, but not as we know it...
  • heard this bloke done the pub saying we’re closing in on a prem player on loan 
  • sam3110 said:
    Question, if we sign Gomes to a deal, do you pronounce it

Mad-Ger Go-mezz

Or is the surname Gomss like homes, or even Gom-edge like the Portuguese way of saying it?

I’m going for Maiyidger  Homethhhhhh
  • heard this bloke done the pub saying we’re closing in on a prem player on loan 
    Just a rumour might not happen till next week 
  • MUNGO BRIDGE 
  • Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:

Mad-Ger Go-mezz

I’m going for Maiyidger  Homethhhhhh
    His brother, Ricardo Holmth, used to play for us. :smile:

• MUNGO BRIDGE 
    Mungo love candy!
    A man is judged by the company he keeps!
  • MUNGO BRIDGE 
    Wow, went from a pub chat, to a rumour, to a named player...sure he ain't signing as we speak...
    plays CB/LB for Villa currently, so fits the position required 21 yrs old, lets see..@Dazzler21 unofficial ? B)
  • Mungo Olayipo Oladapo Erogbogbo Bridge if you don't mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Mungo Olayipo Oladapo Erogbogbo Bridge if you don't mind.
    How is that pronounced?
  • edited August 2021
    sam3110 said:

Mad-Ger Go-mezz

Mad Jer (like the Ger in German) Go Mez
  • MUNGO BRIDGE 
    Wow, went from a pub chat, to a rumour, to a named player...sure he ain't signing as we speak...
    plays CB/LB for Villa currently, so fits the position required 21 yrs old, lets see..@Dazzler21 unofficial ? B)
    He is only 20, born September 2000. 
  • Just tested positive for Covid. Fucking devastated. 

Anyone want a ticket? Covered End Block L.... 
  • Well it’s looking like another day slipping away with no signing. 
  • Mungo Olayipo Oladapo Erogbogbo Bridge if you don't mind.
    I’m guessing he’s not welsh or Scottish
  • Well it’s looking like another day slipping away with no signing. 
    Plenty of time yet mate.
  • Hope his nickname is Jerry
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!