Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• @Dazzler21 put yourself on your own naughty list for suggesting Gunter as a left wing back on the other page.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    To be fair, the standard of this thread is only as bad as it is because there is literally nothing to talking about.

We dont even get linked with any players, let alone sign them. I cant remember there ever being a first game of the season where there has only been 3 new faces in the squad.
    There was only 2 last season, wasn't there? 
    LOL. Fair enough!

Completely forgot the window stayed open till Oct last year. I thought we signed Shinnie, Gunter, Inniss & Watson much earlier.

Maybe it's the difference in expectation this yr vs being under an embargo last yr which has made this summer seem so quiet (he says back peddling ferociously!)
  • Swisdom said:
    Re Jephcott - He’s young, pretty good with both feet and scores headers too.  He doesn’t have blistering pace and won’t beat 5 men with skill but he does have a knack of being in the right place in the box and finishes calmly rather than lashing it.

Haven't we already got one of those, never gets a game, don't fit into our system, on a long contract and everybody wants to jog him on?
    Do we really need another?
    Just saying
  • edited August 2021

Agree Nige does sound upbeat, and you could be right @Henry Irving ,
    Let's not forget Gallen did say last Saturday two permanent's were incoming this week, so today just could be a good day for us all,... keep smiling B)
  • I always think back to 2018 when we knew about Jake's ACL injury but the club didnt announce it until right before the Sunderland game so they themselves didn't have prior warning.

We're getting back to that point again, where clubs will be reluctant to release information because its just going to give the opposition more time to prepare. ..

Providing any new players are brought in before the cut off (If any do sign that is) - I dont give a flying rats arse when they're announced... If it was me Id announce these things at 1pm on a Saturday!! 
  • The gaffer does seem extra chipper this morning,hopefully some good news on the way🤞
    Or maybe not, one of the days we had a signing to be announced he mentioned it in his video.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's buzzing!
  • Swisdom said:
    Re Jephcott - He’s young, pretty good with both feet and scores headers too.  He doesn’t have blistering pace and won’t beat 5 men with skill but he does have a knack of being in the right place in the box and finishes calmly rather than lashing it.

600k would be a lot for a chap playing for Truro up until a couple of years ago especially when that player isn’t vastly different to Stockley

Time will tell I guess
     So we are bidding for a bloke who doesn't get involved in build ups, has no real pace, hangs around in the box and hasn't scored 1 goal in the last 20 games.

We have Schwartz already.

He sounds like me aged 7 as well.
    He’s 21.
  • Swisdom said:

600k would be a lot for a chap playing for Truro up until a couple of years ago especially when that player isn’t vastly different to Stockley

Time will tell I guess
     So we are bidding for a bloke who doesn't get involved in build ups, has no real pace, hangs around in the box and hasn't scored 1 goal in the last 20 games.

We have Schwartz already.

He sounds like me aged 7 as well.
    We wouldn't say no to Derek Hales in his prime though.
  • Nixon saying "something in Kirk" on twitter 
  • edited August 2021
    Swisdom said:

Time will tell I guess
    Sounds like BWP then? He didn't bring much outside of pure finishing skills but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
  • Kirk would be an excellent move , however it's Nixon so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt 
  • Floebot said:
    Nixon saying "something in Kirk" on twitter 
    I hope it isn’t too sore for him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Is be interested to know how Purrington and Jephcott know each other……
    They read about each other in the local news
  • Would Jephcott have been coming through at Plymouth when Purrington was there?
  • Is the press conference today?
  • Is be interested to know how Purrington and Jephcott know each other……
    Me too.

Were they at Plymouth with Randell?
    I think they used to clean Bradley Wright-Phillips’ boots. Purrington used to do the right and Jephcott the left. 
  • Floebot said:
    Its Nixon, we need to decide what the total opposite of this is, then that is the rumour ....so probably nothing happening whatsoever.

• robroy said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ve mentioned this briefly before but one of the problems is the cost of housing/living in the SE.
    Attracting young unmarried players is not quite so much of a problem, however it does become quite a thing for older married players with families.
    To uproot from elsewhere and move down to the London area is a considerable increase in outgoings.
    Let’s say a three year deal is on offer. What do they do….buy or rent……take into consideration that they probably already own a property elsewhere as well.
    We then are at a distinct disadvantage because the salaries will be very similar wherever they are in the country, but ‘not’ the cost of living.
    Something to think about and certainly a factor to be taken into account.
    Anyone know how much a 3 bed semi is in Plymouth?  

Its a massive issue and probably outways the "living in London" bonus. 
    House prices are going mental in the South West .... it seems half of London has decided to move to Cornwall and South Devon, dreaming of a better way of living.

Yeah, clear off and leave us to our idyllic isolation.

Seriously, I think far too many people living in and around London have a higher opinion of it than those of us living in the country.

If you like it, fine but I wouldn't move back into the land of angry drivers not getting anywhere fast in filthy toxic air. Just a short occasional visit is just fine thanks. 
    Yep. Swapped London to living in West Yorkshire, would not consider going back. Much better quality of life and bigger house 
    Ditto
  • WHAddick said:
    Floebot said:
    Its Nixon, we need to decide what the total opposite of this is, then that is the rumour ....so probably nothing happening whatsoever.

So we are after Pitchard or Sisko then? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!