Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• May have been mentioned earlier in the thread (I really can’t be bother to trawl through it), but have heard we have an offer on the table for Luke Jephcott - figure mentioned was £600k. Could be BS, but thought I’d share.
    Who does BS play for? 
    Bristol Shitty 
  • My "When the season starts" rating is a D-

We're going into the first game quite a bit worse off than we finished last season imo
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    May have been mentioned earlier in the thread (I really can’t be bother to trawl through it), but have heard we have an offer on the table for Luke Jephcott - figure mentioned was £600k. Could be BS, but thought I’d share.
    From the local news? 
    One of my sons uni mates supports Plymouth (he has never heard of Colin btw), and he told him. 
  • We are supposed to be signing two perm's this week as per a conversation Gallen had with a fan at Fulham last Saturday I seem to remember, well two days left for that one, bloody rumours  B)
  • My "When the season starts" rating is a D-

We're going into the first game quite a bit worse off than we finished last season imo
    Not a fair comparison, should be comparing how we started last season with how we will start this season.  The latter is far better.
  • May have been mentioned earlier in the thread (I really can’t be bother to trawl through it), but have heard we have an offer on the table for Luke Jephcott - figure mentioned was £600k. Could be BS, but thought I’d share.
    Wahey! A rumour! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    May have been mentioned earlier in the thread (I really can’t be bother to trawl through it), but have heard we have an offer on the table for Luke Jephcott - figure mentioned was £600k. Could be BS, but thought I’d share.
    From the local news? 
    Interesting that I’ve seen Plymouth fans say he has struggled since January and they have two other strikers that are likely to start ahead of him due to his poor form. 
  • Rothko said:
    Certainly heard we’ve made offers for players in the last week, and it’s a case of who blinks first on fee
    Lovely stuff. The rumours thread is alive! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Wahey! A rumour! 
    Get me listed squire.
  • Be amazed if Plymouth accepted £600k for him.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Be amazed if Plymouth accepted £600k for him.
    I would be amazed if we bid for him 
  • edited August 2021
    Jac_52 said:
    I think a hard cash offer on the table changes things  - clubs might say player x is worth x, but when the money is there it changes the dynamics. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    I would be amazed if we bid for him 
    I’m sure he was available on a free around a month ago before signing a new 2 year deal with Plymouth. Would we really offer 600k for a player we could have got for nothing? I’m sceptical at best, think we all know where the rumour has come from.
  • redbuttle said:
    Really is remarkable how few cafc rumours are out there.
    Here's a rumour. Some of our fans moan all the time.
    Not a rumour I'm afraid redbutthole.
    Redbutthole? How do you know, what have you been up to?
    Nothing just a touch of COVID I’m sure 
  • £600k on Jephcott would be a bit of a steal. Be interesting if clubs start to take what's on the table 
  • mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the local news? 
    Interesting that I’ve seen Plymouth fans say he has struggled since January and they have two other strikers that are likely to start ahead of him due to his poor form. 
    Is one of them Randall?

And the other one Hopkirk?
  • Sponsored links:

• We must be negotiating or holding out for some amazing players (hope one is near the line and announced tomorrow) 
    Doesn't look much like our negotiating is having the right effect. Maybe we're not very competitive on wages ?
  • We must be negotiating or holding out for some amazing players (hope one is near the line and announced tomorrow) 
    Doesn't look much like our negotiating is having the right effect. Maybe we're not very competitive on wages ?
    Maybe as has been said on this thread, that clubs think they can hold
    out for fees as they need the cash and clubs aren’t going to pay what’s being asked for. The impasse will have to break or they’ll be a lot of clubs wondering how they’ll balance the books 
  • mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the local news? 
    Is one of them Randall?

And the other one Hopkirk?
    Haven't heard that one for a few pages, very good!! B)
  • MarcusH26 said:
    £600k on Jephcott would be a bit of a steal. Be interesting if clubs start to take what's on the table 
    No nothing about him but his stats suggest he is a half season wonder so far.  Last season was his break out year but he failed to score in any of the last 20 games.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    £600k on Jephcott would be a bit of a steal. Be interesting if clubs start to take what's on the table 
    No nothing about him but his stats suggest he is a half season wonder so far.  Last season was his break out year but he failed to score in any of the last 20 games.
    I saw his goals and they were mainly well taken finishes in the penalty box.
    So a Schwarz type of poacher?
  • edited August 2021
    Found the source on Jephcott 600k…

I did say it could be BS. Anyway well done Miss Marple. 
  • edited August 2021
    We are supposed to be signing two perm's this week as per a conversation Gallen had with a fan at Fulham last Saturday I seem to remember, well two days left for that one, bloody rumours  B)
     That is a rumour. 😃
    Wow!! words of wisdom, can't argue with that B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!