Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Is the Josh Davidson news as accurate as Maynard Brewer being our number 1 if Amos goes. 
  • Hopefully that Davison news doesn't mean another striker won't be coming in and we're going with what we currently have. 
  • "one of this striking options" not backup.

Would be very surprised if we didnt at least get a loan striker/winger before the window shuts.
  • edited July 2021
    Weird statement when you're part of his coaching set up!

“Hopefully he has got a really good coaching environment and good learning environment at Charlton. He had a loan spell last season, but I want him to be with us now.”
  • "one of this striking options" not backup.

Would be very surprised if we didnt at least get a loan striker/winger before the window shuts.
    I take it to mean no loan for him this year and a bit of game time. If we start the season with what we currently have we are very reliant on Stocks and Connor, the other two are as yet unproven at this level.
  • shirty5 said:

I.e.We've missed out on our striker targets  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSteve said:
    Two diff people have now texted me tonight saying that LB and Winger/striker set to sign in conjunction with kit release ….. ???? 
    Are they staying in The Marriot Hotel?

• bobmunro said:
    Don't ask me how, but I've got a feeling in my water this morning that there will be incoming(s) announced today.
    You’ve had it too Bob?
  • cfgs said:
    "one of this striking options" not backup.

I take it to mean no loan for him this year and a bit of game time. If we start the season with what we currently have we are very reliant on Stocks and Connor, the other two are as yet unproven at this level.
    Yeah I agree with that tbf and I'm glad he is getting some time here. Get what your saying ref there experience but this there chance to step up and make an impression.  
  • edited July 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Don't ask me how, but I've got a feeling in my water this morning that there will be incoming(s) announced today.
    Now you’ve done it, Bob. Is this just the two Bob bits or have you heard something? 
  • bobmunro said:
    Stoke player incoming 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure I like the idea of Davison being a replacement for Aneke 
    It will only be ok if we add a lot of goals from
    wide areas and use our striker as a battering ram.  Can’t see it 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    I honestly think we just need to take a step back and let the professionals do their job! I trust them whichever way we go! At least we still have a ‘we’!
    Precisely.  We aren’t being bullshitted any more by the owners - we ARE on the lookout for improvements it’s just hard for us (and everyone e else) to finalise transfers as per Adkins comments yesterday.

we are doing this right, we are doing this sensibly and sustainably but be under no illusion - we are doing it 

not long to go and the excitement builds

LLL&BH
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!