Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    DFTT
    Agreed - but WUTT can be fun!
    Agreed but as two of the older and wiser statesmen of this site I think we should rise above such temptation and let the youngsters have some fun 😉
    I suppose you're right.

Spoilsport! 

• DFTT
    Don't f*cking talk transfers? 
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Have an update: 

How is my “Schwartz out. New Dane in” incorrect?  Plenty of time yet for something to happen. 
    I thought you'd meant it'd already happened, I'll move it back to green if it does occur, but it seems to me like it's unlikely. 
  • Macronate said:
    Will you lot stop bickering.

Herr Bartram has already issued a warning letter to your parents and you’d be sensible to heed its content.

You won’t be able to blame anyone but yourselves if you end up with a detention.

He started it
  • edited July 2021
    DFTT

Whenever fast scrolling and skim reading I see this as DTF

Awkward when reading it back after liking it.
  •  Saturdays PSF against Reading can be watched for free on Charlton TV. 
  • edited July 2021
    Dansk_Red said:
     Saturdays PSF against Reading can be watched for free on Charlton TV. 
    https://giphy.com/gifs/yes-score-rmi45iyhIPuRG
  • Oggy Red said:
    Maatsen was a disappointment.  
    Maatsen was an 18 year old kid with no experience of men's football.

Which is why sometimes loans like that don't always work out. Gallagher did. Both Cullen & Beliek had been loaned out before so had some experience of lower league football. I dont mind having 2 or 3 loans as back ups but I wouldnt want to be signing an 18 year old rookie striker to take Aneke's place.

Problem is (it seems) that The Prem teams insist that their loanees play....or is at least on the bench.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Have an update: 

How is my “Schwartz out. New Dane in” incorrect?  Plenty of time yet for something to happen. 
    I thought you'd meant it'd already happened, I'll move it back to green if it does occur, but it seems to me like it's unlikely. 
    I’m sorry but if that’s evidence for ‘having a guess’ or ‘throwing shit at wall and seeing what sticks’ I don’t know what is. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Gomes, konsa, Shelvey, lookman we’re all unknowns when we blooded them. Look where they are now.
    if they’re good enough then get our youngsters in the team.
    Theyre going to make some mistakes but perhaps Adkins is already seeing the promise.
     I said that self same thing recently. I quoted ' If you are good enough,  you are old enough '. I then listed a lot of players back to the 1950's to show how many were really successful. 

All I got was mocking nonsense telling me I always talk rubbish. 

Let us see if you get the same criticism. 
    That's because quoting footballers back to the 1950s is not relevant to today's game. 

I included modern players and past players are relevant.  Why do u think nothing counts unless you were around at the time.
    So you don’t think the games changed in the last 50-60 years?
     Why are you asking such a stupid question. For a start it is extremely disingenuous and designed to try to pick on me. Nobody critisised others for the same view but because I extrapolated back to what you consider pre history it is irrelevant. 

Only a fool would think that. 

The phrase was , "If you are good enough you are old enough. 

Firmani in ' 51, Campbell and Reeves in '65, Paul Elliot and Paul Walsh in '81, Konchesky in '97 and Gomez plus Konsa and others in the last 5 years.

So what are you asking me. Has the game changed since Djiksteel was bloode in place of Solly.

Yes is the answer as the rules often change . But the phrase stands the test of time , a bit like your stupidity in this case 
    No but he was in his 20s and his 3rd year of men's football before he actually became our first choice right back. Bloode.
     In his 20's. That I a sweeping statement.  He has been gone 2 years and he is only 24. He was 20 at the time of his debut. 22 when he left.  
    Strange you ignore Gomez and others bu choose Djiksteel to make a weak point. In his 20's.  He was 20. 
    I chose Dijksteel because that's who you said.  Yes 20 when he made his debut.  Not 20 when he became our first choice right back.  Which is what I said!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the fuck would I talk about Gomez when we used Dijksteel ousting Solly as an example.

Strange you ignored Bob Bolder to make no point what so ever. As usual. 
    I also said Gomez and Konsa. Stop splitting hairs to try to prove a point Djiksteel was the last one in in the 16-20 range who I could remember.  Stop looking for confirmation bias .
    You asked has the game changed since x happened. And I said no but x isn't an example that proved what you said it did.

Lots of people make their DEBUTS as teenagers.  Very, very few people establish them selves as first team regulars as teenagers, even rarer in their first year as a pro.  Players like Gomez and Bowyer, who not only establish themselves but are stand out players in their first season are like rocking horse shit.  In the last generation they are probably the only 2 who have done it at Charlton.  You could also make a case for Lookman.
     There are more. Lookman is another. I have never seen rocking horse shit and neither has anyone else. 

The maxim is correct.  If they are good enough  they are old enough.  That is true no matter how you try to ignore it. 
    No one is arguing that!!!

Everyone agrees if your good enough you old enough.  You have spouted so much nonsense you forgot what you even arguing.

Is this a contest to see who has the last word? If so maybe you could PM each other.
  • Oggy Red said:

Which is why sometimes loans like that don't always work out. Gallagher did. Both Cullen & Beliek had been loaned out before so had some experience of lower league football. I dont mind having 2 or 3 loans as back ups but I wouldnt want to be signing an 18 year old rookie striker to take Aneke's place.

Problem is (it seems) that The Prem teams insist that their loanees play....or is at least on the bench.  
    What like when City and Arsenal both insisted we play Matt Smith?  JDS was often left out of the squad in his first spell.

It probably pisses them off but I am not convinced it's an actual thing.

If you take an older player it's often more expensive if they don't play. 
  • Oggy Red said:

This is something CL made up. 
  • edited July 2021
    It's nothing new, this is from 2016. Liverpool and Chelsea are strong in this area. Ever 'onest LB did mention once when being suave with his words that it would be cheaper to play Maatsen than rest him. Incidentally, his first rest coincided with a suspension I think. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-insisting-playing-clause-loan-11641458

The Echo understands that the Reds now insist on a “75 per cent” clause for all of their loaned players, whereby clubs are penalised financially if a player they have loaned does not play in a specified ratio of matches.

The clause is designed to ensure that all players unable to get first team football at Anfield will benefit by gaining valuable first team experience elsewhere.

Football League rules prevent clubs from demanding that loaned players start matches, so the Reds have shrewdly introduced financial penalties into their loan agreements punishing clubs who fail to meet their specified appearance criteria.

• wise words
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that arsenal do a thing when they loan a player out where you pay a loan fee at the end of the loan and the more the player played during the loan the smaller the loan fee becomes.
    Matt Smith must've cost a fortune.
  • Two diff people have now texted me tonight saying that LB and Winger/striker set to sign in conjunction with kit release ….. ???? 

• Two diff people have now texted me tonight saying that LB and Winger/striker set to sign in conjunction with kit release ….. ???? 
    Hopefully they're at least able to come to the Select Car Leasing Stadium to watch the rest of the squad vs Reading if that's the case...
    I assume that's rather by luck then judgement. Imagine players missing out on an important pre-season game just so they could be revealed with the release of the new kit.

Especially when they did the photos for it today. 
    Maybe Edwards has to play for Reading on Saturday before we reveal him as our signing on Monday 😉
  • edited July 2021
    Two diff people have now texted me tonight saying that LB and Winger/striker set to sign in conjunction with kit release ….. ???? 
    Is that the two players you claimed Cawley had said we weren't interested in that you just read on another forum?

Cawley was talking about Edwards, as you well know, and Bamba is a center back and is 1000000% not signing for us.  Your still peddling that nonsense about us replacing Pratley with Watson as well. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!