Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Anyway where’s our big money sponsorship deal - no shirt sponsor - new kit ? Wasn’t all this imminent back in May !!! ?
  • Best ever league 1 team…. It would be funny if they missed out on the playoffs.
  • Chunes said:
    I'm really disappointed we haven't signed Fraser. I don't care if Pratley took him out of one game. He completely ran the other one and scored 14 goals from midfield. If he does that for you again, you're pushing right up the table. 

My only other top hopeful for the summer was Conor Ogilvie. At least there's still some hope there! 

If it's true that Solomon Otobor failed a medical with us and we've also bid for Siriki Dembele (although I can't see him dropping back to league one), then they are clearly a very good standard of player, too. 

where have you seen that!?
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm really disappointed we haven't signed Fraser. I don't care if Pratley took him out of one game. He completely ran the other one and scored 14 goals from midfield. If he does that for you again, you're pushing right up the table. 

My only other top hopeful for the summer was Conor Ogilvie. At least there's still some hope there! 

If it's true that Solomon Otobor failed a medical with us and we've also bid for Siriki Dembele (although I can't see him dropping back to league one), then they are clearly a very good standard of player, too. 

Think he's miss understood the post about Mo Eisa, the original post also showed a conversation about Dembele with the Eisa conversation below it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Paniiiiiiic 

A player that was bullied by Pratley has gone to a promotion rival! 

There are no rumours so everyone must be sitting on their hands.

Sandgaard is obviously skint.

The club is burning!
    One game he was man marked, the first game he ran the show. His record shows that the latter was the norm. 
    Unless you have him man marked by a 35 year old you mean.
  • Valley11 said:
    I wonder if the lack of a Valley-based CEO is slowing up deals and allowing clubs to gazump us? Doubtful, I know.

But does a new player have to be okayed by Adkins, Gallen, Roddy and Thomas before a deal can be done? 
    You know video calls are a thing now right? Thomas, Steve & Nigel have all confirmed they all have to agree on the players (Ged too, but he's not confirmed it himself)
  • In The House Bored GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's a long way to 5 o'clock.  I apologise in advance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maccn05 said:
    Nigel will be looking very silly next May when Ipswich celebrate thier league title win at the Valley and we finish 9th.

The game is away at Portman Road. And I'll be there to watch the Champions get the trophy......
  • Anyway where’s our big money sponsorship deal - no shirt sponsor - new kit ? Wasn’t all this imminent back in May !!! ?
    Was told back in May new kit etc etc end of July 
    Kits are usually announced mid to end of July... How many times do I need to re-type that! 
  • edited July 2021
    IanJRO said:
    I really don't understand this desire to throw money at everything. It might bring short term success but what happens when the well dries up/owner gets bored or their means of earning cash outside of football runs into problems.  You end up with them pulling the plug and get screwed. 

Not doubting sensible investment is needed but if we have learned anything it needs to be done as sustainably as possible otherwise you are only a bit of bad luck away from shit creek.
    I certainly don’t disagree with you. However, as others have sad, it was TS and NA who raised expectations at the end of the season by their comments along the lines of “We are going to blow through this league next year” and “That will be us next year celebrating on the last game of the season”.

They can try to temper expectations by saying the club aren’t going to throw money around and have to go about things in a sustainable way and that the club has only just been saved from potential extinction due to the shysters and their shenanigans. Also, that money doesn’t guarantee success. All fair comments. Some fans will rationalise TS and NA were only displaying their natural enthusiasm in making those types of statements, others will be less understanding.

I haven’t watched either of the games against Celtic or Welling but if the window shut today we don’t have the squad numbers/depth at present to sustain a 46 game tilt at achieving a top 6 position. Clearly TS and NA think the same otherwise they wouldn’t be talking about adding to the squad. I think the comment made about the return of home fans helping the team get an extra few points may be possible but some strong additions to the squad are required in the base case.

As the mantra goes, the next 2-3 weeks are critical. 

It was said 3 weeks ago that the next 2-3 weeks are critical.  When will this diatribe stop.
    It's a long running joke from the takeover threads that you simply don't seem to get. Package up that faux outrage and move along.
  • thenewbie said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Nigel will be looking very silly next May when Ipswich celebrate thier league title win at the Valley and we finish 9th.

I fully expect to see a team of untried 18 YO's and more loans next season. that's the narrative the club are pushing... didn't we also say the reliance on loans would stop with TS in charge?

If TS isn't prepared to spend then look forward to another two seasons in L1 and another £20m in losses. Best to spend and give yourself the best chance of getting out of this horrible league.

I understand a bit of impatience/disappointment but posts like this are just objectively silly. We know for a fact (with quotes from Adkins) that signings are actively being worked on. Of the signings we HAVE made, one came from a Championship club and another was his former club's POTY. We're clearly not just trawling for has-beens here.

Is it going slower than we'd like? Yes. Have we missed out on SOME of our first choices? Most likely. Are we doomed and destined to another season of purgatory? Not yet we're not.
    And the last game of the season is at Portman Road ; - )
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Anyway where’s our big money sponsorship deal - no shirt sponsor - new kit ? Wasn’t all this imminent back in May !!! ?
    Kits are usually announced mid to end of July... How many times do I need to re-type that! 
    Exactly! I don’t understand why people are getting upset that a new kit  hasn’t been released yet! It’s not like the players will have to run out onto the pitch in their socks, pants and vests on the first day of the season
  • Looking at the code version of the post he literally posted nothing. Unless he posted a picture but got it wrong somehow.

<blockquote class="Quote">
      <div><a rel="nofollow">SaySomething</a> said:</div>
      <div>&nbsp;</div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Anyway where’s our big money sponsorship deal - no shirt sponsor - new kit ? Wasn’t all this imminent back in May !!! ?
    Exactly! I don’t understand why people are getting upset that a little hadn’t been released yet! It’s not like the players will have to run out onto the pitch in their socks, pants and vests on the first day of the season
    That really would be ‘the big reveal’.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Exactly! I don’t understand why people are getting upset that a little hadn’t been released yet! It’s not like the players will have to run out onto the pitch in their socks, pants and vests on the first day of the season
    That really would be ‘the big reveal’.
    Or not depending on measurements
  • edited July 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    Chunes said:

Think he's miss understood the post about Mo Eisa, the original post also showed a conversation about Dembele with the Eisa conversation below it.
    Oh right, you are correct. Mo Eisa I'm a tad less enthused about. Did think it was odd when Dembele is being linked with Fulham and Rangers.

• Still not too fussed yet about the lack of progress, Fraser would have been a nice signing but from everything SG has said , we aren't getting drawn into bidding wars with clubs. I'd still expect 2-4 more permanent arrivals in key positions.

Be interesting to see how the remaining loans are used , would expect one to be a CM like we have every window! , maybe a young striker too although I don't know if Josh Davison could fulfill that role? 
  • IanJRO said:
    I really don't understand this desire to throw money at everything. It might bring short term success but what happens when the well dries up/owner gets bored or their means of earning cash outside of football runs into problems.  You end up with them pulling the plug and get screwed. 

Not doubting sensible investment is needed but if we have learned anything it needs to be done as sustainably as possible otherwise you are only a bit of bad luck away from shit creek.
    I certainly don’t disagree with you. However, as others have sad, it was TS and NA who raised expectations at the end of the season by their comments along the lines of “We are going to blow through this league next year” and “That will be us next year celebrating on the last game of the season”.

They can try to temper expectations by saying the club aren’t going to throw money around and have to go about things in a sustainable way and that the club has only just been saved from potential extinction due to the shysters and their shenanigans. Also, that money doesn’t guarantee success. All fair comments. Some fans will rationalise TS and NA were only displaying their natural enthusiasm in making those types of statements, others will be less understanding.

I haven’t watched either of the games against Celtic or Welling but if the window shut today we don’t have the squad numbers/depth at present to sustain a 46 game tilt at achieving a top 6 position. Clearly TS and NA think the same otherwise they wouldn’t be talking about adding to the squad. I think the comment made about the return of home fans helping the team get an extra few points may be possible but some strong additions to the squad are required in the base case.

As the mantra goes, the next 2-3 weeks are critical. 

It was said 3 weeks ago that the next 2-3 weeks are critical.  When will this diatribe stop.
    Probably when we are less than 2-3 weeks from the window closing. Then it will be the next 1-2 weeks are critical.
  • edited July 2021
    Dizzle said:

Quality levels of irony, love that!
    Irony.. it's like goldy or bronzy only it's made out of iron...., B)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Looking at the code version of the post he literally posted nothing. Unless he posted a picture but got it wrong somehow.

<blockquote class="Quote">
      <div><a rel="nofollow">SaySomething</a> said:</div>
      <div>&nbsp;</div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>

Accidentally hit the 'post comment' button....bloody tablets (the computer kind😄)
  • Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

I fully expect to see a team of untried 18 YO's and more loans next season. that's the narrative the club are pushing... didn't we also say the reliance on loans would stop with TS in charge?

If TS isn't prepared to spend then look forward to another two seasons in L1 and another £20m in losses. Best to spend and give yourself the best chance of getting out of this horrible league.

I can understand the impatience growing a bit more when Ipswich & Wigan are spending and signing players that are proven to be great in this league, but you do have to bare in mind we are still in a much stronger position than we were at the start of last season, and that’s just through having Sandgaard as our owner.

There’s absolutely no way this club would even have been able to compete to sign Stockley, MacGillivray, Dobson & Famewo (on loan but with option to buy) at the beginning of the last season with the desperate state we were in.

We have a few weeks to go still before the season starts, we will need loan players, and not all of them will work out but I think every League One team will be bringing in at least some loan players to fill the gaps in the squad.

This is a marathon not a sprint, we should at least trust that Sandgaard & Adkins will get a handful of good players in before the end of the window and that they’re not sitting around doing nothing.
    How many more years are we going to keep saying ‘but last year we almost went out of business’ or it’s ok to be crap because ‘Thomas saved us’

I don’t live in the past! and I want success. Wigan and Bolton have been in the same boat and seem to have been able to create instant success so why can’t Thomas & NA.

I believe he won’t spend and and the squad will be full of untried kids and loans. That’s my opinion, and I my opinion it will only get us another year in L1.
    Why are you so certain we’re only going to bring in a few loans and promote so many youth players to the first team?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!