Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I would love Piggott back but he's got a club like Forest, Luton or Bristol City written all over him. I do think if he moves to a club in league 1 though I imagine we would be his only choice 

I like we are in for Fraser, worth splashing a lot of the budget on imo

Excited for the signing today, a lot of good players linked so fingers crossed 
    Are we in for Scott Fraser?
  • I would love Piggott back but he's got a club like Forest, Luton or Bristol City written all over him. I do think if he moves to a club in league 1 though I imagine we would be his only choice 

Luton have signed two strikers so not sure they will bring a third in 
  • Scoham said:
    I would love Piggott back but he's got a club like Forest, Luton or Bristol City written all over him. I do think if he moves to a club in league 1 though I imagine we would be his only choice 

Depends if you believe @Covered_End_Lad - I don’t think he’s making it up but it doesn’t mean we’ll get him. 

I don’t see why we wouldn’t be, he’s a player who’s stood out at this level in a position we need to strengthen.
    Cheers I hadnt seen that he'd mentioned Scott Fraser
  • Current players in the squad likely dictate a 433 with dobson as the anchor and Albie and Gilbey as the two with more freedom playing behind stockley and two wingers. We are however in the market for another attack minded central midfielder, one of those on our list is Fraser however there are a multitude of clubs in for him. 

Several posters saying they think that Adkins will only play  with1 striker.

And maybe he will. But he's long enough in the tooth and savvy enough to have a different Plan B.
    Last season he wasn't afraid to throw in Chuks alongside Stockley, for example. Washington too.

There may be also cover for Stockley coming in, but Adkins will definitely want another quality striker signed to replace Aneke.

• If we got piggot to replace chuks and got rid of schwartz to bring in mullin our front 4 would be something else with stockley and washington
  • RedRobin said:

JFC is staying according to Cawley 
    Ah ffs, maybe he can take Ronnie instead ? 
  • RedRobin said:

Not surprised, seemed odd that any other club would be so desperate to sign JFC that they’d offer him a contract while he’s got a long term injury.
  • Who makes up the guff about JFC?
  • Sponsored links:

piggott was heading to a stripey club west of london, not qpr, was what i was told about a month ago 
  • Scoham said:
    I would love Piggott back but he's got a club like Forest, Luton or Bristol City written all over him. I do think if he moves to a club in league 1 though I imagine we would be his only choice 

Depends if you believe @Covered_End_Lad - I don’t think he’s making it up but it doesn’t mean we’ll get him. 

I don’t see why we wouldn’t be, he’s a player who’s stood out at this level in a position we need to strengthen.
    midfield is where we need to push the boat out if you ask me - wouldn't rate our chances of going up with morgan or gilbey as first choice tbh 
  • edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:

Quick everyone... Back track with the not caring about JFC going

Where is an Italian when you need to retreat quickly ;)
  • Valley11 said:
    Who makes up the guff about JFC?
    Who believes it? lol

• edited July 2021
    DOUCHER said:

piggott was heading to a stripey club west of london, not qpr, was what i was told about a month ago 
    Ah we've been Reading too much into it? :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who believes it? lol

A lot of people do it seems. People were wetting themselves this morning when a random poster just posts...." JFC to Birmingham". As if. The bloke is just getting over a major injury & not likely to be playing for another 6 months. Couldn't pass a bus let alone a medical.

The guff some people swallow.

I would say the same about the rumour regarding Jordan Ibe - but as that came from @Henry Irving I wouldn't dismiss it so quick. But he might be playing games or hungover from the Grant Money the museum has just been given. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who believes it? lol

A lot of people do it seems. People were wetting themselves this morning when a random poster just posts...." JFC to Birmingham". As if. The bloke is just getting over a major injury & not likely to be playing for another 6 months. Couldn't pass a bus let alone a medical.

I would say the same about the rumour regarding Jordan Ibe - but as that came from @Henry Irving I wouldn't dismiss it so quick. But he might be playing games or hungover from the Grant Money the museum has just been given. 
    I've always wondered this about the transfer medical. Surely there are different criteria as to what a player is expected to 'pass'.

ie Criteria 1 = Fit to play tomorrow
    Criteria 2 = Carrying a slight knock but will be ok to play in a couple of weeks
    Criteria 3 = JFC

Anyone know?

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who believes it? lol

Henry has since edited that comment to state it was his own speculation
  • edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who believes it? lol

I've always wondered this about the transfer medical. Surely there are different criteria as to what a player is expected to 'pass'.

ie Criteria 1 = Fit to play tomorrow
    Criteria 2 = Carrying a slight knock but will be ok to play in a couple of weeks
    Criteria 3 = JFC

Anyone know?

Young Sage, who is an expert suggested there would be multiple aspects of a medical he couldn't take even if the advice was his ACL would be fine. 
  • Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:

Celtic it is then. 
    Inter Miami? 
  • Valley11 said:
    95% of this thread is made up guff, it fits in nicely.
  • It’s getting late in the day ……. IMO 
  • T_C_E said:
    cabbles said:
    I’ve deleted the comment and can we just draw a line under it for now please.  

Let’s hopefully enjoy these 3 impending signings @DOUCHER talks of.  If they don’t happen, you have our permission as moderators to pile into him and expose him as the fraud that he is 
    Has @Dazzler21 signed off this statement? (Friday he's busy washing @AFKABartram car)
    Until such time as that's been clarified I'll err on the side of caution, thank you.
    ;)
    I have not. 

I would like to state that this statement is now fully backed by the board of Administrators. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!