Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    Today this thread has been very poor even by it's own low standards. 
    More arguing than rumours. 
    No it hasn’t 

Bagsy Hangman.

O_   y_s   it  h_s
  • Name was thrown around earlier in the summer but if Brentford are involved now, seems highly unlikely he’ll be on his way to the Valley.
  • Name was thrown around earlier in the summer but if Brentford are involved now, seems highly unlikely he’ll be on his way to the Valley.
    It was extremely unlikely once we signed Stockley that we would even been in for him wasn't it? 
  • edited July 2021
    Vfrf said:

I do wonder what happens here, these were very confident rumours and without going back - I thought from more that one individual. How do you not only get that a signing is 'imminent' wrong, but also the fact we're not even close to either? I don't think there's any bad faith on here i.e. makings things up, but must be friends lying/misunderstanding clues from inside the club.
    Or it's the big old plot twist when they're both announced with Ibe and Cawley is put on the red list.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Name was thrown around earlier in the summer but if Brentford are involved now, seems highly unlikely he’ll be on his way to the Valley.
    It was extremely unlikely once we signed Stockley that we would even been in for him wasn't it? 
    Eh he's a physical player but I never really thought he was a Stockley type.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    ANYWAY... any actual rumours? About anything? Anything at all. 
    I prefer careless whispers to rumours....... 
    I was careless with a wispa once. Left it in my pocket and melted. Caused a right mess
    Thank your blessings it wasn't a Milky Bar!😀
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If all the other @Addicks59 'inside info' snippets come to nothing, should we ban him for being a bull excrementer?

@Addicks59   ...... awaiting your reply / defence...
  • cafc4life said:
    Anyone want me to rap, lift the mood a little bit?
    Tucker's on the way, (OH NO HE'S NOT)
    Mullin's on the way, (OH NO HE'S NOT)
    Jake's off to Brum, (OH NO HE'S NOT)
    Cawley's the man, he's HOT HOT HOT

• I seriously doubt we will see a signing now today, or one that is announced this evening anyway as @Ollywozere will be watching the football. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Name was thrown around earlier in the summer but if Brentford are involved now, seems highly unlikely he’ll be on his way to the Valley.
    Eh he's a physical player but I never really thought he was a Stockley type.
    I would be suprised if we paid a "big" fee for two strikers when we already had 2 as well. 
  • To be fair to @Addicks59 he’s not the only one that’s said Tucker, a few people have. 
  • Only rumour I can confirm after Cawley’s latest tweets is that none of us have a scooby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn’t famewo announced on a Saturday? 

Or am I just clinging onto hope?
  • To be fair to @Addicks59 he’s not the only one that’s said Tucker, a few people have. 
    Only been on the forum a month and already has previous. It's all a bit "boy who cried wolf".
  • edited July 2021
    cabbles said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    I would love Piggott back but he's got a club like Forest, Luton or Bristol City written all over him. I do think if he moves to a club in league 1 though I imagine we would be his only choice 

I like we are in for Fraser, worth splashing a lot of the budget on imo

Excited for the signing today, a lot of good players linked so fingers crossed 
    Are we in for Scott Fraser?
    Depends if you believe @Covered_End_Lad - I don’t think he’s making it up but it doesn’t mean we’ll get him. 

I don’t see why we wouldn’t be, he’s a player who’s stood out at this level in a position we need to strengthen.
    midfield is where we need to push the boat out if you ask me - wouldn't rate our chances of going up with morgan or gilbey as first choice tbh 
    Completely agree.  

I'd completely agree if you said Morgan AND Gilbey.
  • Current players in the squad likely dictate a 433 with dobson as the anchor and Albie and Gilbey as the two with more freedom playing behind stockley and two wingers. We are however in the market for another attack minded central midfielder, one of those on our list is Fraser however there are a multitude of clubs in for him. 

The one that signed late yesterday may well be announced today but not sure on that, probably a fair amount of videos to film that I imagine TS may want some involvement in. 

We will have a very competitive squad come end of August, of that I have no doubt.

• PWADDICK said:

Followed this guy for a while, seems very reliable 
    Would have thought England game dominates the weekend and nothing until Monday earliest. 
  • LTKapal said:
    Bowyer getting desperate to replace Gallen now I see.

They need them so they can go after players that aren't currently at Charlton.
  • What do you have to do to be removed from CL? Is there anything written down?
    Slag off or at least question Airman Brown will do the trick!
    Definitely not.
    Every time I slag him off I get a promote 
    Noted!!, now I know how it is done
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!