Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Another name I’ve seen mentioned is Nathan Holland, currently at West Ham. Centre midfielder not sure if there is any truth. 
    Just saw that on Facebook - seems he’s a winger though and we definitely need at least two.

He’s 23, formerly at Everton and now West Ham. At that age unlikely to break through with them so probably available. Had a loan with Oxford in 19/20 so has played at this level.
  • Valley11 said:
    So if one is done today, who we thinking from the most recently linked?

Turner
    Mullin
    Soloman-Otabor

Say Tucker as the Mullin quote was over the weekend 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i think its time for one of these. First choice based on what we have currently + imminent? :

Big Mac

Purrington
    Innis
    New Centre half - 'imminent'
    Gunter (i know, i know)

Jayesimi
    Dobson
    Gilbey
    New Winger - 'imminent'

Stockley 
    New Striker - 'imminent' 

Putting to one side all the 'he plays one up front malarkey' 

?
    Hoesntly don't know why Dobson would be in front of Albie
  • mendonca said:
    Liverpool really do negotiate good fees for their fringe players. In fact, it's what has kept their net spend fairly low compared to the other "top" teams over the years...Solanke, Ibe, Brewster etc.

He is a raw player but simple facts show we have a task to replace the assists from Millar and goals from Aneke.

I genuinely couldn’t believe how Bournemouth and Eddie Howe kept getting mugged off paying £20m odd a pop at what were at the most, only ever going to be top end Championship players.  Ibe being released by Derby shows the absolute state of how much money gets spent on average players in football today.  I honestly think the whole game needs ripping up and starting again when it comes to the money side.  I really hope the pandemic stunts money being thrown at players and around the game in general for a couple of years.  These players simply don’t deserve the money they get paid.  
  • DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    I’ve deleted the comment and can we just draw a line under it for now please.  

Let’s hopefully enjoy these 3 impending signings @DOUCHER talks of.  If they don’t happen, you have our permission as moderators to pile into him and expose him as the fraud that he is 
    i'll take this in the spirit i think it was intended - and the word i used was 'imminent' - i don't actually know how imminent but a striker, centre half and winger i am told are next - fingers crossed the info is right eh  
    Of course mate, I probably should’ve added a ;-) 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i think its time for one of these. First choice based on what we have currently + imminent? :

Big Mac

Purrington
    Innis
    Gunter (i know, i know)

Jayesimi
    Dobson
    Gilbey
    New Winger - 'imminent'

Stockley 
    New Striker - 'imminent' 

?
    2 different players really. I wouldn't play Alfie as a CDM, and from the sounds of things Dobson would not thrive having to be in a more attacking based role. 
    Yeah true but that's a 442 set up above

• edited July 2021
    DOUCHER said:

Big Mac

Purrington
    Innis
    Gunter (i know, i know)

Jayesimi
    Dobson
    Gilbey
    New Winger - 'imminent'

Stockley 
    New Striker - 'imminent' 

?
    2 different players really. I wouldn't play Alfie as a CDM, and from the sounds of things Dobson would not thrive having to be in a more attacking based role. 

That would probably be Gilbey over Albie then. One defensive shielding type (Dobson) and then one more attacking type (either Gilbey or Albie.) Obviously this is on the supposition that we don't go one up top and then you could have all three.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    Another name I’ve seen mentioned is Nathan Holland, currently at West Ham. Centre midfielder not sure if there is any truth. 
    If he's even 10% good as the last midfielder we loaned from West Ham ...
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Just saw that on Facebook - seems he’s a winger though and we definitely need at least two.

He’s 23, formerly at Everton and now West Ham. At that age unlikely to break through with them so probably available. Had a loan with Oxford in 19/20 so has played at this level.
    Ah ok my bad, quick glimpse on wiki, makes sense if he’s a winger then. Know nothing about him
  • edited July 2021
    Jordan Ibe is or was suffering from depression.

Jordan Ibe  scored against Cafc as a 16 year old schoolboy for Wycombe. This was ironic because he had been in our set up from 8 years old to 11.

This was the only goal he scored for MK Dons in 7 apps before Liverpool came calling.
    Yet again a move to a big club too soon is detrimental to a young player. Ask John Bostock who left little old Palace to go to the giant that is Spurs and his career just stagnated ever since.

If the Bermondsey lad, Jordan, who is now 25 years old was interested, and is well enough to join in the the pre season we could just have a player on our hands even if he just stayed for a season to get back his love of football and playing in a happy environment under Nigel, and the coaches and the good guys who make up our team.

Ps. Not sure how long Ibe's lost his licence for but I'm sure the young guy can afford a Uber to sparrows lane.

• Jordan Ibe is or was suffering from depression.

Jordan Ibe  scored against Cafc as a 16 year old schoolboy for MK Dons. This was ironic because he had been in our set up from 8 years old to 11.

This was the only goal he scored for MK Dons in 7 apps before Liverpool came calling.
    Yet again a move to a big club too soon is detrimental to a young player. Ask John Bostock who left little old Palace to go to the giant that is Spurs and his career just stagnated ever since.

If the Bermondsey lad, Jordan, who is now 25 years old was interested, and is well enough to join in the the pre season we could just have a player on our hands even if he just stayed for a season to get back his love of football and playing in a happy environment under Nigel, and the coaches and the good guys who make up our team.

Do you not mean Wycombe, as thats who Liverpool signed him from
  • Think you mean Wycombe mate
  • thenewbie said:
    DOUCHER said:

Big Mac

Purrington
    Innis
    Gunter (i know, i know)

Jayesimi
    Dobson
    Gilbey
    New Winger - 'imminent'

Stockley 
    New Striker - 'imminent' 

?

That would probably be Gilbey over Albie then. One defensive shielding type (Dobson) and then one more attacking type (either Gilbey or Albie.) Obviously this is on the supposition that we don't go one up top and then you could have all three.

Jordan Ibe  scored against Cafc as a 16 year old schoolboy for MK Dons. This was ironic because he had been in our set up from 8 years old to 11.

He wouldn't have been in full Academy set up from 8, maybe just training , he was still playing for Welling wanderers when he was 10
  • As someone with a small penis I do not find it funny talking and bragging about penis size.this is totally out of order and I demand a apology.
    As the proud owner of a twelve inch schlong, you can all mention that as much as possible...

Do you use it, much as a rule ?
    Didn't say it was mine...
  • edited July 2021
    DOUCHER said:

Big Mac

Purrington
    Innis
    Gunter (i know, i know)

Jayesimi
    Dobson
    Gilbey
    New Winger - 'imminent'

Stockley 
    New Striker - 'imminent' 

?

Dobson is a defensive midfielder who can play at CB if needs must. So don't see Morgan and Dobson vying for the same position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Big Mac

Purrington
    Innis
    Gunter (i know, i know)

Jayesimi
    Dobson
    Gilbey
    New Winger - 'imminent'

Stockley 
    New Striker - 'imminent' 

?

Dobson is a defensive midfielder who can play at CB if needs must. So don't see Morgan and Dobson vieing for the same position. 
    I just think its funny how as per someone is dismissing one of the new players before seeing them play :) on top of the wrong position
  • I’m not sure that there’s too much to read into TS coming over. He’s not been here for a while and probably had a visit scheduled anyway. I’m sure he’d like it to coincide with a signing or two but I don’t think he’s here to announce something mega going on. 
    As Watson and Gunter were our mega deals last year I find that quite reassuring.

Cheers FA and Red Robin, now edited.
  • Forgive me if I'm not excited by mention of Ibe.  He gave Bournemouth very poor value for his 4yr £2m pa contract and has hardly played any games for two seasons.  He lived near me for his last year at Bournemouth while he was scraping a Lamborghini, getting his McLaren wrecked and ruining the cafe with his 4x wheel drive Bentley.  He often went out at 11.00pm and returned at 4.00am.  Hardly the lifestyle of an athlete.  No wonder Howe got fed up with him. 

No doubt he COULD reform with the right help if he chose to but it would be a massive physical and mental challenge for him and everyone concerned otherwise he runs the risk of being another footballer who sadly wastes his talent and career.

• For arguments sake let’s say Mullin signs, a winger signs and a center half signs in the next week or so.   We will have 4 forwards all who traditionally play centrally with a manager who typically plays a 4231 or 433.  Seems a little unbalanced.  Are they going to convert Washington to a wider position because of his versatility? Does it mean Schwartz is gone? I am guessing the plan is to also have a young winger on loan but to me the biggest hole in the squad is a true creative attacking midfielder.  Obviously not easy to find but there doesn’t seem to be any real rumors on that front.
  • I can't see Piggott coming back here, he has earned hi chance of going to a Championship club. I would love him to come to us as he scores goals regularly at this level. However, he has already said that he wants to go to a Championship club. In same way Tucker does. I was impressed by Tucker.  What about the Crewe players? They had a couple who were very good at this level?

• For arguments sake let’s say Mullin signs, a winger signs and a center half signs in the next week or so.   We will have 4 forwards all who traditionally play centrally with a manager who typically plays a 4231 or 433.  Seems a little unbalanced.  Are they going to convert Washington to a wider position because of his versatility? Does it mean Schwartz is gone? I am guessing the plan is to also have a young winger on loan but to me the biggest hole in the squad is a true creative attacking midfielder.  Obviously not easy to find but there doesn’t seem to be any real rumors on that front.
    He played 442 at Southampton 
  • Current players in the squad likely dictate a 433 with dobson as the anchor and Albie and Gilbey as the two with more freedom playing behind stockley and two wingers. We are however in the market for another attack minded central midfielder, one of those on our list is Fraser however there are a multitude of clubs in for him. 

The one that signed late yesterday may well be announced today but not sure on that, probably a fair amount of videos to film that I imagine TS may want some involvement in. 

We will have a very competitive squad come end of August, of that I have no doubt.
    Have I somehow missed a genuine rumour in the middle of the dross as this is the first I've heard of this...
  • edited July 2021
    I would love Pigott back but he's got a club like Forest, Luton or Bristol City written all over him. I do think if he moves to a club in league 1 though I imagine we would be his only choice 

I like we are in for Fraser, worth splashing a lot of the budget on imo

Excited for the signing today, a lot of good players linked so fingers crossed 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!