Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• cfgs said:
    I have a black eye now as Richard from down the road took offence at me running at him with a tape measure. 

I wouldn't mind but he is a big lad and I could have won.
    Ah, Big Richard ...... I see what you meant there. :smile:

• Dizzle said:
    Has Nige done his daily walk video yet? 
    No, he's too stressed out after reading this thread.

• Where is this JFC story coming from?
  • Liam Millar is joining Basel for £1.3m
    So then, we get him on loan in January? :smile:

• Just shows how limited a manager Bowyer is if he’s going for players that got relegated with him last time around
  • Thomas has made a statement that the clubs transfer policy is to recruit YOUNG players that have experiance at our level.
  • mendonca said:
    Liverpool really do negotiate good fees for their fringe players. In fact, it's what has kept their net spend fairly low compared to the other "top" teams over the years...Solanke, Ibe, Brewster etc.

He is a raw player but simple facts show we have a task to replace the assists from Millar and goals from Aneke.

I actually think that's a pretty low fee for Millar. He did well at L1 level and could have had a crack at the Championship. Getting a 21 year old at that level with his pedigree is unusual. Chelsea tend to get absolutely outrageous fees for the young players they no longer want. They got £8m for Tomas Kalas, £4.5m for Kenneth Omeruo(?) and£2.4m for Nathan. Liverpool probably won't be too bothered but Basel have got a good deal here
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicks59 said:
    J F C off to Birmingham.
    Good 
    agreed - wish him all the best and appreciate his effort last year but not disappointed with this in the slightest 
  • Lets wait and see about JFC but it will be quite funny if that's the case. I don't know why but it just will be. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Bowyer really needs to extend his scouting/recruitment further than SE7. 
    Makes me realise just how much of the actual scouting/recruitment side Gallen must have done if Bowyer's plans are literally "get the band back together" and go back to same old same old.

I can understand why he'd like having people he knows and trusts but at some point surely that ends up being a case of diminishing returns.
    Good for him, I’m not sure I’d have risked that money in our situation on him 
    Yeah I agree, think £1.3m is a lot of money for someone who hasnt really done much yet
  • edited July 2021
    So, so far Bowyer has taken 1 player that can't play more than 30 mins and another that won't be starting before Xmas at best. 

Is he already building a post relegation squad ? 
  • shirty5 said:
    This is it guys.

The sun is shining
    The birds are singing
    Tommy has landed
    & Gallen is about to unveil the new players on the trip to Wales.

Sit back & enjoy the show.

That's very craftily worded :

That doesn't mean nothing is going on behind the scenes, and signings are not "imminent".
    It just means Friday's print edition had already gone to press ....... and there were no transfer rumours reported in that edition.

That's what it says. :wink:

• If I were a Birmingham fan I would be massively unimpressed with signing a 27 year old L1 player who is out for the season. I get us renewing his deal but I can't understand other teams actually coming in for him and him passing a medical
    Is he def out for the whole season? Thought it was said he could be back for the new year? Either way, agree it would be a very strange signing for them.
  • shine166 said:
    So, so far Bowyer has taken 1 player that can't play more than 30 mins and another that won't be starting before Xmas at best. 

Is he already building a post relegation squad ? 
    Bowyer: out of his depth

• Sponsored links:

Good for him, I’m not sure I’d have risked that money in our situation on him 
    Yeah I agree, think £1.3m is a lot of money for someone who hasnt really done much yet
    Agreed, I think youngsters at "big clubs" are massively overpriced. The likes of Solanke and Brewster were sold for crazy sums

It's the same "he's at a big club therefore he must be good" bias which explains why Levitt was in the Wales Euro squad
  • colthe3rd said:
    If I were a Birmingham fan I would be massively unimpressed with signing a 27 year old L1 player who is out for the season. I get us renewing his deal but I can't understand other teams actually coming in for him and him passing a medical
    Is he def out for the whole season? Thought it was said he could be back for the new year? Either way, agree it would be a very strange signing for them.
    That would be good if he's back by then. But as you say, either way, it's a very strange use of budget for a Birmingham team that will have to think about avoiding relegation as their first priority. I don't see JFC, good as he is, as a player who can appear mid-season and take you from the bottom of the table to safety
  • Matthew Lund joins Salford … real surprise 
  • Matthew Lund joins Salford … real surprise 
    They've also signed Conor McAleny - Going for it this year
  • Addicks59 said:
    J F C off to Birmingham.
    Ant Middleton is waiting for him :smile:
  • Ok, so we've gone from 1 complete yday. 3 to be announced today to a possible 1 that could be done today.

Meltdown incoming.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!