Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cawley hasn’t reported anything this morning on us, just Millwall crap! Stand down everyone 😂
  • edited July 2021
    Only Cawley can save this thread now!!... Help us Richard, you're our only hope
  • edited July 2021
    Its bloody 9am people, calm down. Its friday , footy tomorrow, Lets see what happens!

this forum can be right stressful sometimes lol
  • Has Nige done his daily walk video yet? 
  • RedRobin said:
    Cawley hasn’t reported anything this morning on us, just Millwall crap! Stand down everyone 😂
    Cawley didn't report anything yesterday before we signed Dobson. I actually think that when he doesn't say anything it means we are close to signing someone 
    Yes he did . He announced it before the club did 
  • edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Cawley hasn’t reported anything this morning on us, just Millwall crap! Stand down everyone 😂
    Cawley didn't report anything yesterday before we signed Dobson. I actually think that when he doesn't say anything it means we are close to signing someone 
    But didnt say anything about Dobson being pending, he just announced it out of the blue, well the walking GIF anyway

It was only because people have such good sources on here that we were already aware that it was likely to be close.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    does he get as much inside info as he used to given he basically had a direct line to Bowyer?
  • He usually does his walk and video ting around 8ish, poor Nige he’s so up to his knees in new signings he ain’t been able to do his exercise..
  • Liam Millar is joining Basel for £1.3m
  • edited July 2021
    Liverpool really do negotiate good fees for their fringe players. In fact, it's what has kept their net spend fairly low compared to the other "top" teams over the years...Solanke, Ibe, Brewster etc.

He is a raw player but simple facts show we have a task to replace the assists from Millar and goals from Aneke.

• RedRobin said:
    Yes, about 5 minutes before the club. Apart from that he had never mentioned Dobson before. 
  • paulfox said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think it would have barely caused a ripple if someone else had posted it
    I think it was meant as a joke, that in a lot of peoples opinion was in poor taste and maybe a little close to home. Probably doesn’t deserve the stick given to it.quite often things are taken out of context on a forum as there is no expression along with the comment. I’ve often written something and it has been read in a different perspective, and not the way I’ve meant it to read. If Addick1956s chooses to apologise for any upset caused I’m sure that would be fair enough. 
    As someone who's had to deal with their own mental demons for several years... Yes, I get it's a joke. But it's a bad one and I (amongst others) really don't like it, and I don't want any mental health condition to be made light of. But hopefully we get an apology and given the poster in question is probably mid/late 60s, we get hands held up and we move on.

But even so, I think the stick given is still justifiable, insofar as it's something that affects a lot of us, or a lot of people close to us, quite severely. Let's hopefully see OP say "yep, that was in poor taste", and we can continue.
    I fully understand your opinion and respect it and am sorry for your troubles. However this is a football forum and if you expect not  be offended by   something that you read  wether in jest or not on here I think may be a little unrealistic.I’m not defending the comment,(and by no means am I trying to justify hurtful comments).but think perspective needs to be taken from both sides.like you say hopefully all can make up and enjoy the new signings.👍
    Lmao don't lecture me with the "this is a football forum" chat. I've been here longer than you and a far more frequent contributor than you, if you'd like to start measuring dicks.
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think it was meant as a joke, that in a lot of peoples opinion was in poor taste and maybe a little close to home. Probably doesn’t deserve the stick given to it.quite often things are taken out of context on a forum as there is no expression along with the comment. I’ve often written something and it has been read in a different perspective, and not the way I’ve meant it to read. If Addick1956s chooses to apologise for any upset caused I’m sure that would be fair enough. 
    As someone who's had to deal with their own mental demons for several years... Yes, I get it's a joke. But it's a bad one and I (amongst others) really don't like it, and I don't want any mental health condition to be made light of. But hopefully we get an apology and given the poster in question is probably mid/late 60s, we get hands held up and we move on.

But even so, I think the stick given is still justifiable, insofar as it's something that affects a lot of us, or a lot of people close to us, quite severely. Let's hopefully see OP say "yep, that was in poor taste", and we can continue.
    I fully understand your opinion and respect it and am sorry for your troubles. However this is a football forum and if you expect not  be offended by   something that you read  wether in jest or not on here I think may be a little unrealistic.I’m not defending the comment,(and by no means am I trying to justify hurtful comments).but think perspective needs to be taken from both sides.like you say hopefully all can make up and enjoy the new signings.👍
    Lmao don't lecture me with the "this is a football forum" chat. I've been here longer than you and a far more frequent contributor than you, if you'd like to start measuring dicks.
    Sorry to revisit this, paddy I’m sorry you’ve taken my comment in that way.I was trying to give balance to a conversation where someone was being ridiculed for something they probably didn’t mean. Your post alone has highlighted my point on how things are misinterpreted better than I ever could obviously. As for measuring dicks I do only have a little one so I will definitely not be  partaking in that game. I will be sure to look at forum rules to see how long and how many comments I need to make to qualify for right of comment.I’m sure admin will send your medal for excellent contribution in the near future!😜. I am genuinely sorry my comment struck a nerve though and apologise for that alone.👍
    Yep, fair play my man. I certainly did feel a bit slighted, which I hope is understandable, and I apologise for escalating! Go well and let's hope for a couple of great signings today.
  • DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    I’ve deleted the comment and can we just draw a line under it for now please.  

Let’s hopefully enjoy these 3 impending signings @DOUCHER talks of.  If they don’t happen, you have our permission as moderators to pile into him and expose him as the fraud that he is 
    i'll take this in the spirit i think it was intended - and the word i used was 'imminent' - i don't actually know how imminent but a striker, centre half and winger i am told are next - fingers crossed the info is right eh  
    Heavy backtracking after a not so veiled threat from a mod. 

Don’t be cowed @DOUCHER I live for your posts
  • Sponsored links:

• Feedback to source: learn the definition of imminent before use.
  • mendonca said:
    Feedback to source: learn the definition of imminent before use.
    i put the word imminent in - 'about to happen' 
  • Addicks59 said:
    J F C off to Birmingham.
    Seeee yaaaaa

what about the other 3 mate heard anymore this morning ?
  • Addicks59 said:
    J F C off to Birmingham.
    Shock horror, bowyer lays the trail and off they follow, seems he can't think of any players on his own, and has to go with them he knows, not too bothered if he goes really, he clearly has some reservations and may be the right time to cut and run, good luck JFC.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Sorry to revisit this, paddy I’m sorry you’ve taken my comment in that way.I was trying to give balance to a conversation where someone was being ridiculed for something they probably didn’t mean. Your post alone has highlighted my point on how things are misinterpreted better than I ever could obviously. As for measuring dicks I do only have a little one so I will definitely not be  partaking in that game. I will be sure to look at forum rules to see how long and how many comments I need to make to qualify for right of comment.I’m sure admin will send your medal for excellent contribution in the near future!😜. I am genuinely sorry my comment struck a nerve though and apologise for that alone.👍
    Yep, fair play my man. I certainly did feel a bit slighted, which I hope is understandable, and I apologise for escalating! Go well and let's hope for a couple of great signings today.
    I do understand, no worries from me mate. Yes good signings would cheer us all up.👍
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!