Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Whats be said that everyone's got so excited about ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I've heard we're interested in Jon Russell from Chelsea who spent last season on loan at Accrington but take with a pinch of salt. 
    That's the second midfielder mentioned on loan from a "super club" tonight.  I wonder if this has any reflection on JFC's contract situation/recovery?

Would make sense to cover that with a loan if he signed. 
    Who was the other one? It's possibly to do with JFC, although I've heard it might be a permanent deal rather than a loan. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Galbraith
    Thanks, I was skimming and missed it. 
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I've heard we're interested in Jon Russell from Chelsea who spent last season on loan at Accrington but take with a pinch of salt. 
    That's the second midfielder mentioned on loan from a "super club" tonight.  I wonder if this has any reflection on JFC's contract situation/recovery?

Would make sense to cover that with a loan if he signed. 
    Who was the other one? It's possibly to do with JFC, although I've heard it might be a permanent deal rather than a loan. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Galbraith
    Thanks I couldn't remember how to spell it ha ha.

I just heard we had enquired/shown intrested/asked to be updated about his availability.

Like I said before I have no idea how 1st loans work, especially from the super clubs, where they have so many players. Do you ask for a left back from their loan to League 1 pile and hope for the best? 
  • Just got home from work to 198 comments. So.. tomorrow we're signing Tucker, Maguire, Morrell, Piggott, Ibe, and Messi?
  • Just got home from work to 198 comments. So.. tomorrow we're signing Tucker, Maguire, Morrell, Piggott, Ibe, and Messi?
    Yes and it's Harry Maguire 
    Plus Jon Russell and Ethan Galbraith
    Don’t be silly, we won’t sign piggot!!😜
  • Does Morrell play as DM, we just bought a DM
  • Sponsored links:

• Jac_52 said:
    sam3110 said:
    His name suggests he is 65 years old.

A fecking dinosaur, needs to be retired from this forum
    Fuck off back to school with your ageist shit you little tosser.

He's from the future though. Won't be born for another 1089 years. Also no need to be sizeist he might be a big tosser.
    You're right. Edited. 
  • I think... I think... that this discussion may have gone off topic. 
    Please can we all agree not to fling insults at each other, not take serious illnesses as a punchline, and not suggest that Joe Dodoo may be returning... just to make this more pleasant? 
    Thanks. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Seems a massive over reaction to addick1956s comment. A little insensitive perhaps to anyone who has suffered or is close to someone who has but come on, lighten up a bit. Some could be just as outraged by sam3110s ageist comment. 
    I do wonder if it’s ‘who’ made the comment rather than the comment itself being the reason for such an outcry???
    People are clearly just as outraged by Sam's comment. Look at the replies. 

I don't doubt it wasn't malicious, but being insensitive isn't an excuse. Don't think it's fair to say lighten up to others just because it hasn't particularly bothered you. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    I think it would have barely caused a ripple if someone else had posted it
    Disagree, it was poor taste from whoever posted it. I can only see 3/4 comments about it though, so not sure it is an overreaction, not like it's pages and pages on it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• New Thursday rumours

Jon Russell

Ethan Galbraith
    Jordan Ibe
    Tucker
    Piggot
    Morrell

New Thursday signing
    George Dobson

Don't want Ibe anywhere near the club.  Tucker, Pigott and Morrell would all be wonderful.  Don't know the other two.

• paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think it was meant as a joke, that in a lot of peoples opinion was in poor taste and maybe a little close to home. Probably doesn’t deserve the stick given to it.quite often things are taken out of context on a forum as there is no expression along with the comment. I’ve often written something and it has been read in a different perspective, and not the way I’ve meant it to read. If Addick1956s chooses to apologise for any upset caused I’m sure that would be fair enough. 
    As someone who's had to deal with their own mental demons for several years... Yes, I get it's a joke. But it's a bad one and I (amongst others) really don't like it, and I don't want any mental health condition to be made light of. But hopefully we get an apology and given the poster in question is probably mid/late 60s, we get hands held up and we move on.

But even so, I think the stick given is still justifiable, insofar as it's something that affects a lot of us, or a lot of people close to us, quite severely. Let's hopefully see OP say "yep, that was in poor taste", and we can continue.
  • paulfox said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think it was meant as a joke, that in a lot of peoples opinion was in poor taste and maybe a little close to home. Probably doesn’t deserve the stick given to it.quite often things are taken out of context on a forum as there is no expression along with the comment. I’ve often written something and it has been read in a different perspective, and not the way I’ve meant it to read. If Addick1956s chooses to apologise for any upset caused I’m sure that would be fair enough. 
    As someone who's had to deal with their own mental demons for several years... Yes, I get it's a joke. But it's a bad one and I (amongst others) really don't like it, and I don't want any mental health condition to be made light of. But hopefully we get an apology and given the poster in question is probably mid/late 60s, we get hands held up and we move on.

But even so, I think the stick given is still justifiable, insofar as it's something that affects a lot of us, or a lot of people close to us, quite severely. Let's hopefully see OP say "yep, that was in poor taste", and we can continue.
    I fully understand your opinion and respect it and am sorry for your troubles. However this is a football forum and if you expect not  be offended by   something that you read  wether in jest or not on here I think may be a little unrealistic.I’m not defending the comment,(and by no means am I trying to justify hurtful comments).but think perspective needs to be taken from both sides.like you say hopefully all can make up and enjoy the new signings.👍
    Lmao don't lecture me with the "this is a football forum" chat. I've been here longer than you and a far more frequent contributor than you, if you'd like to start measuring dicks.
  • Christ, we desperately need some signings tomorrow just to stop the bickering. Can tell there's been no euros match this eve. 
  • Jordan Ibe
    Am I missing something here? That’s come out of nowhere. 
  • Croydon said:
    Christ, we desperately need some signings tomorrow just to stop the bickering. Can tell there's been no euros match this eve. 
    Look, if someone's saying "it's a joke about mental health, what do you expect on a football forum", then I don't think it's outside one's rights to take unkindly to it.

Whatever. I hope it's Tucker, Morrell and - oh, I dunno, as for an attacker... a former Barca player who's a free agent now will do nicely!

Bojan Krkic will fit the bill..
  • Jordan Ibe
    Am I missing something here? That’s come out of nowhere. 
    Yes, Henry dropped that one in and ran. Can only think he’s heard something. Ibe had his contract at Derby cancelled a day or so ago, like Dobson did at Sunderland, so maybe something is afoot? Local lad and started in our youth system according to Wiki. Only played once for Derby last season but as has been mentioned has had mental health issues. There is obviously a player in there and maybe Adkins is the sort of manager to get the best out of him, who knows. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!