Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Erhun Aksel Oztumer (born 29 May 1991) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Fatih Karagümrük.
  • Erhun Aksel Oztumer (born 29 May 1991) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Fatih Karagümrük.
    Marcus Harley Maddison (born 26 September 1993) is an English semi-professional footballer who plays as a winger or attacking midfielder who plays for Spalding United
  • One very good player at this level has signed today

• Adam James Matthews (born 13 January 1992) is a Welsh footballer who plays as a right back for the Wales national team. He is currently a free agent
  • One very good player at this level has signed today
    Is it Lyle ??
  • So are we saying Tucker, Piggott and Morrell signing tomorrow? If that happens I’ll be gobsmacked.
    Someone else added they heard its a cb winger and striker so morrell is the odd one out in that...
  • We signing three players tomorrow? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Likely one if anything tomorrow, I’d flabbergasted if we sign three and nothing has been leaked on social media or news outlets. 
  • 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Lol when was the last time we signed three good quality players in a day? I mean I'd love it but ...
  • This page has become yet another low point of this thread. 
  • edited July 2021
     We've been reeled in before by a supposed bloody BIG FISH.

The build up was immense. The reality was Ben Watson on a 1 year contract with auto tiggered extension. 

I think I'll wait to hear the announcement.
  • I've heard we're interested in Jon Russell from Chelsea who spent last season on loan at Accrington but take with a pinch of salt. 
  • Jordan Ibe is or was suffering from depression.
    If he signed for us I would be suffering  from depression. 
    You fucking what? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Adam James Matthews (born 13 January 1992) is a Welsh footballer who plays as a right back for the Wales national team. He is currently a free agent
    Good game this
    Jake Dane Forster-Caskey (born 25 April 1994) is an English professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder. He is currently a free agent.

As you have found Wikipedia have you looked up Mullin's goal record at Morecombe? 

I've held back until now.

It's Morecambe.

We won the point on Mullin's record there, though.

:) 
  • Sponsored links:

• I've heard we're interested in Jon Russell from Chelsea who spent last season on loan at Accrington but take with a pinch of salt. 
    That's the second midfielder mentioned on loan from a "super club" tonight.  I wonder if this has any reflection on JFC's contract situation/recovery?

Would make sense to cover that with a loan if he signed. 
  • Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Adam James Matthews (born 13 January 1992) is a Welsh footballer who plays as a right back for the Wales national team. He is currently a free agent
    Good game this
    Jake Dane Forster-Caskey (born 25 April 1994) is an English professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder. He is currently a free agent.

As you have found Wikipedia have you looked up Mullin's goal record at Morecombe? 

It's Morecambe.

What's an a between friends 
  • Sage said:
    @addick1956 I’d delete that comment if I were you, extremely distasteful to say the least.
     I am.not the first to say a player has been Charltonised so why ask me and nobody else ?
    Is it just because  it is me ? In anybcssecI have no idea how to delete a comment. 

Actually Oztumer has done very well ax he has landed a contract with a Turkish Suoer League  team. 
    Not that comment, the horrible one beforehand.
  • Sage said:
    @addick1956 I’d delete that comment if I were you, extremely distasteful to say the least.
     I am.not the first to say a player has been Charltonised so why ask me and nobody else ?
    Is it just because  it is me ? In anybcssecI have no idea how to delete a comment. 

Actually Oztumer has done very well ax he has landed a contract with a Turkish Suoer League  team. 
    He's talking about the depression comment, not being Charltonised.

Just edit your comment in the top right of the actual comment and replace it with something else. Anything else. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I've heard we're interested in Jon Russell from Chelsea who spent last season on loan at Accrington but take with a pinch of salt. 
    That's the second midfielder mentioned on loan from a "super club" tonight.  I wonder if this has any reflection on JFC's contract situation/recovery?

Who was the other one? It's possibly to do with JFC, although I've heard it might be a permanent deal rather than a loan. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    You seriously can't help but warm to the guy! 
    Really  ??  I'm starting to think the opposite. Too faux positive. As someone posted months ago, just sounds like the "really brilliant !!!! " bloke from the Fast Show. Cheesy peas anyone...?
    I know what you mean but, Lord I've worked for bosses who who were totally negative and couldn't inspire me. They absolutely sucked the life out of me and made it a misery to go into work. That is something that can never be aimed at Adkins. 
    Totally understand & agree with you, but conversley I wouldn't want to work somewhere where everyday the boss came in with cheesy one-liners about staying upbeat & positive. Yes, I'm all for being "up for it" and having a laugh & a joke, but I don't need to hear someone spouting stuff like they've got it out of a quote book. 

Positivism is great when it's natural & not forced imo. 
    It all seems pretty natural to me. Some people are just like that. If it bothers you that much golfie, just don't watch the videos or comment on it.
    I have avoided them up until today, having watched the first couple, but it caught me a bit unawares as I thought he was unveiling a new signing. If he really does this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY then God forbid & I assure you I wont be watching any more. 

Anyway, not to derail this thread, as I'm sure we will be announcing another wonder signing any day now. 
    We're not a wonder signing kind of club. We NEVER have been, I expect we NEVER will be. We don't draw the attention of the real Sheikh's or the multi billionaire's that want to waste their money. 

If that's what you desire so much, why do you choose to remain a Charlton "Supporter"? (in the loosest term, because you don't seem that supportive of the club) 

It's bewildering. 

Maybe just look at what we are, the little London club known for being family friendly and having a good bout in the Premier League in the 2000's days.  Maybe use that to set your expectations, not the stories of the mega wealthy clubs. 
    Ignore his posts - I skim past it all, it’s much less stressful that way
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I've heard we're interested in Jon Russell from Chelsea who spent last season on loan at Accrington but take with a pinch of salt. 

Who was the other one? It's possibly to do with JFC, although I've heard it might be a permanent deal rather than a loan. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Galbraith
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Good game this

It's Morecambe.

What's an a between friends 
    Cue for a song, 🎼 ‘A’ you’re adorable ‘B’……….🎼 Morecambe & Wise great comedy double act 😉
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!