Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• shine166 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    If Henners turns up on the 7th with a new cardigan, we'll know he's on the take. 
    If there's any money left after the purchase of the Range Rovers ;-)
  • Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

Followed this guy for a while, seems very reliable 
    Rich Cawley is going to lose a lot of credibility if we sign Mullin :D
    Cawley believed it could have been a rumour to move another deal along. That would explain why this is out there. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
    What does that mean? 

But Peter O’Rourke also mentioned Mullins and he pretty spot on with his news 
  • Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

Cawley believed it could have been a rumour to move another deal along. That would explain why this is out there. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
    What does that mean? 
    Spreading the rumour we'll sign Mullin, unless someone else sells to us sharpish.
  • Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

What does that mean? 

But Peter O’Rourke also mentioned Mullins and he pretty spot on with his news 

Mullin ..... there's only one of him!

• Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

What does that mean? 
    So Agent spreads rumour claiming that Charlton are interested in his player

The club that are genuinely interested then panic and up their offer to Mullin and his Agent

Thats the aim anyway

I wouldnt be surprised if the likes of O'Rourke are happy to spread the rumour as it means they get the best of both worlds, they get to create the rumour as a favour for the Agent because then when there is a genuine story, they become credible
    Yep, O’Rourke has plenty of form for this - it’s essentially the business model for the FootyInsider247 website. 

As long as you keep playing this game with agents, they’ll be happy to drip feed you actual transfer news to keep the cycle going. 
  • If I were a Birmingham fan I would be massively unimpressed with signing a 27 year old L1 player who is out for the season. I get us renewing his deal but I can't understand other teams actually coming in for him and him passing a medical
    I'd be massively unimpressed that my manager was basically looking to his previous club (and a squad not good enough to get out of the league below us!) for players
    there's nothing new in manager's going back and raiding previous clubs although i agree the jfc one would seem a very strange move - if true 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawley saying one could be done today! 
  • I'd be really chuffed with Mullin. I know people have compared him to signing Ajose but the difference is that getting Ajose in involved spaffing a large amount of our budget on a player who didn't work out. Mullin would come in on a free, so I'd compare him more to Lee Novak. I really rated Novak in 2011/12 and was delighted when we signed him but he was useless for us. The difference is though, who really remembers that Lee Novak played for us? I know he did and a part of me is still wanting to check Wikipedia because it doesn't sound quite right. That's the impact a risk-free signing can have, more forgettable than season-defining. We only are so scarred by Ajose because he was our marquee messiah signings and he was rubbish
  • Plus after his flight expect TS not to be around till this afternoon 
  • The only person whose provided pretty accurate gossip has been the one whose mate plays for the youth team. Everybody else could be re-circulating one anothers rumours by the looks and sound of the nature of updates (the same).
  • ButtleJR said:
    :)

P.s I don't mean to be a tease I just don't want to risk getting my source in shit 
    Hint of the player, like what position maybe? 👀
  • So if one is done today, who we thinking from the most recently linked?

Turner
    Mullin
    Soloman-Otabor

• Is there a reason so many are criticising Bowyer on this thread? Every time I log on to look at some rumours it seems to be full of people calling him out for one reason or another.

This is a manager who took us to the play offs in his first half season, got us promoted in his first full season, came within a goal of keeping us up in the next season and then left us within touching distance of the play offs before leaving all within the backdrop of numerous off the field issues which most experienced managers will never have dealt with.

I'm not aware of him saying anything but positive things about the club since he left and yet every time I log on to this thread someone seems to be slating him for something or another, lots of managers take former players to new clubs with them. I'm sure we wouldn't be complaining if Adkins had brought some of his former players with him, it's just football. Bowyer, Aneke and JFC owe us no more loyalty than any of the free agents we've signed, and are trying to sign, from other clubs.

I know lots of people were keen for him to move on and now he has, can we not do the same? We have a new manager who everyone seems to be getting behind and Bowyer has moved up a league and taken another opportunity, it seems win-win for everyone.
    Hope we get a proper rumour or signing or the next 3 pages will be debates over whether Bowyer is a clown or a hero!  :|
  • Valley11 said:
    So if one is done today, who we thinking from the most recently linked?

Turner
    Mullin
    Soloman-Otabor

assume you meant Tucker?
  • As often said before football fans are weird people. Some of us are thinking Mullins might not be a good signing when he scored bucket loads last season even if a league below and others are having meltdowns because Chucks has gone to Birmingham. Personally if Mullins comes here I would rather him than Chucks as he does play full games. Then the rumour that JFC may have followed him is met with consternation. Personally again I'm not the slightest bit bothered if he has gone as I really didnt think he was all that. These moves will be more of an issue at Birmingham than us in the end I think lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicks59 said:
    J F C off to Birmingham.
    Curse of the Player of the Year strikes yet again ! 
  • Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Ibe in our academy and we released him? 
    Yeah got released cos he was too small, went to Wycombe
  • I’m not sure that there’s too much to read into TS coming over. He’s not been here for a while and probably had a visit scheduled anyway. I’m sure he’d like it to coincide with a signing or two but I don’t think he’s here to announce something mega going on. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i think its time for one of these. First choice based on what we have currently + imminent? :

Big Mac

Purrington
    Innis
    New Centre half - 'imminent'
    Gunter (i know, i know)

Jayesimi
    Dobson
    Gilbey
    New Winger - 'imminent'

Stockley 
    New Striker - 'imminent' 

Putting to one side all the 'he plays one up front malarkey' 

?
    New winger imminent- what are the rumours sorry I'm catching up and trying to find snippets on here between the natter.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Striker, centre half and winger incoming ‘imminently’ is the whisper 

The midfield playmaker is obviously going to be a loan from Prem or Championship because of the difficulty of getting the right person who can dictate play.

A Striker, CB and winger to replace Aneke, Famewo, and Millar is a loud shout not a whisper.
  • Plus after his flight expect TS not to be around till this afternoon 
    I suspect he flies a little more luxuriously than most of us so would wager he was on site working before 9 am

I used to travel to the US a lot for work and, if you "get on the plane and turn left" it was fully expected you would be in the office straight from the airport
  • edited July 2021
    Another name I’ve seen mentioned is Nathan Holland, currently at West Ham. Centre midfielder not sure if there is any truth. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    J F C off to Birmingham.
    Curse of the Player of the Year strikes yet again ! 
    Works both ways, we got Pompey's :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!