Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Ok, so we've gone from 1 complete yday. 3 to be announced today to a possible 1 that could be done today.

Meltdown incoming.
    we are actually in a negative position mate as Bowyer has just nicked our 1 legged Mesi apparently lol
  • PWR

Ageist comment was worse than the depression one imo

Paddy is also a left-arm twirler of rare talent

We're going to sign a dribble wizard who can defend
  • I'm amazed all these players want to go and play for Bowyer again, didn't exactly seem like a happy dressing room at the end of his time here.
    He had his favourites though, of which JFC was one. Aneke was also pretty complimentary about Bowyer when he left, so that's not a surprise. 
  • I'm amazed all these players want to go and play for Bowyer again, didn't exactly seem like a happy dressing room at the end of his time here.
    Only one has moved there right?
  • "Jake, it's Bows.

£100k signing on fee, £10k a week and a two year contract. You up for it"?
  • There must be something decent going on if TS has ventured over the water
  • Sponsored links:

• Who is Smit112? Looks like he is trying to jump onto Cawleys tweets like he is ITK 
  • Jordan Ibe is or was suffering from depression.
    If he signed for us I would be suffering  from depression. 
    Depression’s a disease mate, kind of like cancer.  So in your head, repeat that sentence replacing the word depression with cancer and then ask yourself if what you just posted was a bit silly.
     Dear God. Firstly I am not your mate and secondly I didnt  mean it in te way you implied and I suspect you know this.

I don't hold with him passing off have had an accident  and pretending it wasn't  him. 10 or 11 years ago Notts County signed Kee Hughes.  He had apparently served his term . He was roundly booed by the Valley  crowd for running away. 
    That is why I think we can do without his services. 

What you refer to were not in my head but in yours. You evolved them and then you pin them on me. 

What a cheek. 
    think you can tell by other reactions that you made a mistake, should retract it, and we move on. It doesn't seem though that you a) can see that and b) will do. 
  • Addickted said:
    "Jake, it's Bows.

"I'll give you everything"
  • Leuth said:
    PWR

Ageist comment was worse than the depression one imo

Paddy is also a left-arm twirler of rare talent

We're going to sign a dribble wizard who can defend
    You mean you're about to hit your heights of ecstasy, Leuth ...... Naby's coming home?

Oh, I forgot. He can't defend. Not him then. :smile:

• AndyG said:
    There must be something decent going on if TS has ventured over the water
    Maybe he's one of these owners where if he's going to splash out on Celtic Manor, he wants in too
  • Addickted said:
    "Jake, it's Bows.

I'm suspecting it's going to be something like that with the proviso he get's himself fit.
    Depression’s a disease mate, kind of like cancer.  So in your head, repeat that sentence replacing the word depression with cancer and then ask yourself if what you just posted was a bit silly.
     Dear God. Firstly I am not your mate and secondly I didnt  mean it in te way you implied and I suspect you know this.

I don't hold with him passing off have had an accident  and pretending it wasn't  him. 10 or 11 years ago Notts County signed Kee Hughes.  He had apparently served his term . He was roundly booed by the Valley  crowd for running away. 

What you refer to were not in my head but in yours. You evolved them and then you pin them on me. 

What a cheek. 

I didn’t imply anything, I just responded to your shit joke mate, now let’s get back to rumours mate, okay mate.

What a cheek. 
    think you can tell by other reactions that you made a mistake, should retract it, and we move on. It doesn't seem though that you a) can see that and b) will do. 
    Its been done now, come on its clearly not how he meant it. People say stuff, no point to string him up to the wolves, let it be. 

Back to rumours/ signings, any other business 
  • Addicks59 said:
    J F C off to Birmingham.
    Good. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    :)

P.s I don't mean to be a tease I just don't want to risk getting my source in shit 
    Respect that keep the inside info coming mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember that mike drop moment...now's the time!
  • Any news apart from losing some chumps who kept us in the 3rd division last year?
  • paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think it would have barely caused a ripple if someone else had posted it
    I think it was meant as a joke, that in a lot of peoples opinion was in poor taste and maybe a little close to home. Probably doesn’t deserve the stick given to it.quite often things are taken out of context on a forum as there is no expression along with the comment. I’ve often written something and it has been read in a different perspective, and not the way I’ve meant it to read. If Addick1956s chooses to apologise for any upset caused I’m sure that would be fair enough. 
    Thank you both for your consideration in my post. I clearly didn't  imply or wish to imply insult to people who suffer depression. 

It seems to me people pick an argument and deliberately start a fight because they take an offence for the hell of it and then try to pin their ideas on someone else.  I think in this case it is clear I didnt mean to insult peoe with mental illness.
    One can clearly say a single action depresses them . I did others on her have and as Taxi lad says,  perhaps  it is because  I posted it.

I was referring  to the fact it would depress me or deflate me if a bloke who crashed  is car into a shop and ran away , was signed by us.

There are others who have done similar.

Lee Evans , A Plymouth keeper who wiped a family out drink driving, etc etc

Ched Evans who was accused of rape. 

Any of these would cause me the same feelings.

I had an Aunt who lived alone and who was committed  for her own safety by my mother and another sister. Not once but twice!

The treatment on the first committal was brutally and involved the national grid. The second wasn't. 

If anyone was offended I apologise.  For those who actively take offence on others behalf to appear saintly and the attack others I don't.  As I said I just don't see why one cannot say an incident depresses them as in deflates them . 

Or as Taxi Lad says. Perhaps it is just me . In which case why ? Especially  over something that is a commonly used expression .

it doesn’t need to be a drama, the bit in bold was all that’s needed and then we all move on. We are contributing here where the majority of people don’t know each other and it’s not face to face communication. So things can be taken differently by different people, and different things push different peoples buttons. No one knows what’s going on in people’s personal lives.  Everyone who contributes on here has to make a little bit of effort to make it amiable, otherwise what’s the point? If people just want to argue with anonymous others all day, please join Twitter. 

Lets just draw draw a line and move on. But please have a think about how you contribute and can interact a bit differently, I suspect there are many of us who would appreciate that. It’s only meant to be a bit of fun to pass the day. 
    Hear hear - this with knobs on
  • JFC to Brum makes no sense to me at all, he’s out for the season isn’t he? Or is it more likely this summer because he’s out of contract?
  • PWADDICK said:

Followed this guy for a while, seems very reliable 
    Rich Cawley is going to lose a lot of credibility if we sign Mullin :D
    Cawley believed it could have been a rumour to move another deal along. That would explain why this is out there. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
  • paulfox said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think it would have barely caused a ripple if someone else had posted it
    I think it was meant as a joke, that in a lot of peoples opinion was in poor taste and maybe a little close to home. Probably doesn’t deserve the stick given to it.quite often things are taken out of context on a forum as there is no expression along with the comment. I’ve often written something and it has been read in a different perspective, and not the way I’ve meant it to read. If Addick1956s chooses to apologise for any upset caused I’m sure that would be fair enough. 
    Thank you both for your consideration in my post. I clearly didn't  imply or wish to imply insult to people who suffer depression. 

It seems to me people pick an argument and deliberately start a fight because they take an offence for the hell of it and then try to pin their ideas on someone else.  I think in this case it is clear I didnt mean to insult peoe with mental illness.
    One can clearly say a single action depresses them . I did others on her have and as Taxi lad says,  perhaps  it is because  I posted it.

I was referring  to the fact it would depress me or deflate me if a bloke who crashed  is car into a shop and ran away , was signed by us.

There are others who have done similar.

Lee Evans , A Plymouth keeper who wiped a family out drink driving, etc etc

Ched Evans who was accused of rape. 

Any of these would cause me the same feelings.

I had an Aunt who lived alone and who was committed  for her own safety by my mother and another sister. Not once but twice!

The treatment on the first committal was brutally and involved the national grid. The second wasn't. 

If anyone was offended I apologise.  For those who actively take offence on others behalf to appear saintly and the attack others I don't.  As I said I just don't see why one cannot say an incident depresses them as in deflates them . 

Or as Taxi Lad says. Perhaps it is just me . In which case why ? Especially  over something that is a commonly used expression .

I meant Lee Hughes . A PLYMOUTH keeper did similar to a family  but may not have run away.
    You mean Luke McCormick 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/oct/06/ukcrime.plymouthargyle

I am not sure it's comparable.  If you want to use examples maybe fact check it first?

You have said sorry, must people have accepted it.  Maybe you should stop making it worse. 

• Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

Followed this guy for a while, seems very reliable 
    Rich Cawley is going to lose a lot of credibility if we sign Mullin :D
    Cawley believed it could have been a rumour to move another deal along. That would explain why this is out there. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
    What does that mean? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!