Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Bit shocked at the panic and doom on here because a 2 players have chosen not to sign a contract to play in the league above and be nearer home. 

It’s not July yet we are obviously working on deals in the background and will have a squad in place. 

Thomas has already shown he will invest and nothing so far points to that not being the case. 

I honestly believe he will but he hasn't shown it yet.

Who have we paid a fee for?  Stockley, Ronnie, DJ and Innis.  What does that amount to? 1-1.5 million max?

Since he has been the owner we have sold Bonne, Phillips, Williams and Doughty.  What does that amount to?  3 million plus?

That doesn't show, does it?

I repeat I belive he will, but there isn't much evidence yet. 
    Pretty sure the sales of them players does not cover the money he has had to put in over the last 9 months so would suggest he has at least reinvested. 
  • TBH I'm really p*ssed off at Bowyer signing Chuks. 

Think we'll live to regret this unless TS's plans for new signings are VERY special. 
  • edited June 2021
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bit shocked at the panic and doom on here because a 2 players have chosen not to sign a contract to play in the league above and be nearer home. 

It’s not July yet we are obviously working on deals in the background and will have a squad in place. 

Thomas has already shown he will invest and nothing so far points to that not being the case. 

Who have we paid a fee for?  Stockley, Ronnie, DJ and Innis.  What does that amount to? 1-1.5 million max?

Since he has been the owner we have sold Bonne, Phillips, Williams and Doughty.  What does that amount to?  3 million plus?

Pretty sure the sales of them players does not cover the money he has had to put in over the last 9 months so would suggest he has at least reinvested. 
    Oh ffs, are we really starting the is sandgaard the real deal because we’ve only signed one player this pre season so far??, let’s just keep the powder dry and see where we are in a few weeks.There will be a dossier next!!😂
    If you read, as opposed to just shit stir, @roseandcrown siad he has shown he is prepared to invest.  I then said I firmly believe he will, but so far, he hasn't.

Fuck knows how you came to the conclusion anyone has said what you said they said. 
  • Listen we have to remember we can’t sign players because their contracts haven’t run out or they’re at the euros 
    our players can leave and sign for others cos it’s well just different .

Don't forget we can't get loans yet because the premier league clubs won't loan them, but they some how do to other clubs. 
  • Keep the faith
  • Sponsored links:

• TBH I'm really p*ssed off at Bowyer signing Chuks. 

Think we'll live to regret this unless TS's plans for new signings are VERY special. 

It is regrettable that Chuks has gone but honestly not sure what we could have done other than throw irresponsible amounts of money at him, which given our very recent history isn't something I'd want us to do. If he'd gone to a league 1 club then we would indeed live to regret it.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Oh ffs, are we really starting the is sandgaard the real deal because we’ve only signed one player this pre season so far??, let’s just keep the powder dry and see where we are in a few weeks.There will be a dossier next!!😂
    If you read, as opposed to just shit stir, @roseandcrown he has shown he is prepared to invest.  I then said I firmly believe he will, but so far, he hasn't.

Fuck knows how you came to the conclusion anyone has said what you said they said. 
    Stop getting you knickers in a twist, it was tongue in cheek hence the laughter emoji thing!!. Our fans really have been scarred and seem to have lost there sense of humour. If I intend to shit stir as you say, there wouldn’t be any type smiley faces included.🙄
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Now we have lots of work to do, we were hoping to keep them but you now have to add a keeper and a striker on the list of what is required.

I am calm, but I do think it’s going to be a harder season than many would’ve anticipated going into this summer and this is not a reaction from the news today.

Sandgaard would do well to appoint a CEO who runs things on the ground whilst he’s in the US. I get it’s his way and all those reasons, but we need that figurehead in the UK. 
    Interesting. I've seen a lot of people express surprise that he's doing it his own way but this is the first time I've seen someone say we'd be better off with a CEO in the UK.

Would be interested in understanding how it might change things
    In a transfer market with constant moving parts, where those moving parts are of a higher calibre of player and could fall in to place at any moment, we can’t really afford to wait on the approval of Sandgaard who is currently 7 hours behind in terms of time difference.

I’ve spoken to a few people and it’s a general view that we might be better off right now having someone in that role.

It’s not often club’s are run without a CEO, especially one where we haven’t really had one since Meire left, and even then wasn’t really a very good one at all. 
    I don’t know anyone with experience of the club who thinks it’s sensible to run without a chief executive on the ground.
    Is that the sound of knives being sharpened?

• Amos is a decent League 1 keeper, plenty better in my opinion.

Aneke was not Championship standard at all. I would bet he doesn’t get more than 5 goals for them given that he can’t play a whole game and Championship centre backs are a lot better than those in league 1.

I really can’t believe Sandgaard would do all he has already and then falter when he has the chance to make a real difference and put more blocks in place into realising the dream he has made so public.

Now we are clearer in terms of what we need to do. Two players have decided to go elsewhere, players at other clubs will do likewise. I think we will start to see some movement now.

We had Bauer and Sarr in L1and both in Championship now so there are L1 CB about that can play higher. 
    We signed both in the championship though......... 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Now we have lots of work to do, we were hoping to keep them but you now have to add a keeper and a striker on the list of what is required.

I am calm, but I do think it’s going to be a harder season than many would’ve anticipated going into this summer and this is not a reaction from the news today.

Sandgaard would do well to appoint a CEO who runs things on the ground whilst he’s in the US. I get it’s his way and all those reasons, but we need that figurehead in the UK. 
    Interesting. I've seen a lot of people express surprise that he's doing it his own way but this is the first time I've seen someone say we'd be better off with a CEO in the UK.

Would be interested in understanding how it might change things
    In a transfer market with constant moving parts, where those moving parts are of a higher calibre of player and could fall in to place at any moment, we can’t really afford to wait on the approval of Sandgaard who is currently 7 hours behind in terms of time difference.

I’ve spoken to a few people and it’s a general view that we might be better off right now having someone in that role.

It’s not often club’s are run without a CEO, especially one where we haven’t really had one since Meire left, and even then wasn’t really a very good one at all. 
    I don’t know anyone with experience of the club who thinks it’s sensible to run without a chief executive on .
  • Let's at least get Pratley back from Orient. 
  • shine166 said:
    Time for Ronnie to step up and take his chances during pre season now. 
    Would rather get rid of him tbh, looks to me a Danish Ajose
    I think judge him on after he has had a full pre-season, his family over here and with crowds in the ground (I honestly think that with the fans behind him he will get a bit of confidence up).  
    Maybe and i hope so
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's at least get Pratley back from Orient. 
    Probably cost too much now!!🤣
  • Ronnie ronnie ronnie, he aint good enough ffs. All this nonsense about family here - we need people here who can play and he’s a rabbit in the headlights. Quote this message - i really hope i’m wrong but he’s a dud
  • Don't forget that TS is also building a fully professional women's team. Will take considerable funding.    
  • I make it 11 players down on our squad from last season.....and they weren't good enough to get into the top 6. And 2 of the players out of the 12 left are only supposed to be here as back up (Watson & Pearce).
    So, its not only replacing them but replacing them with better players.

I think TS might have bitten off more than he can chew.
     I think he is realising just how expensive owning a football club is to be honest.  We could be heading for the same situation we had with RD if this window is toilet.  You don't  make up 11 bodies in 5 or 6 weeks and the season starts then not at the end of August. 
    I think TS has more intelligence and integrity than RD. He may well find it more difficult than he thought and certainly more expensive but I’m sure he at least he measures success the same way we do, which is a big difference. He may get it wrong but he’ll likely learn from his mistakes, which RD never did.
    I’m guessing things are that bit more difficult at the moment, there’s probably more brinkmanship at play than normal due to every club trying to get more money for there contracted players, which is possibly why things are slow on incomings. I’d imagine TS is playing the game. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Amos is a decent League 1 keeper, plenty better in my opinion.

Aneke was not Championship standard at all. I would bet he doesn’t get more than 5 goals for them given that he can’t play a whole game and Championship centre backs are a lot better than those in league 1.

I really can’t believe Sandgaard would do all he has already and then falter when he has the chance to make a real difference and put more blocks in place into realising the dream he has made so public.

Now we are clearer in terms of what we need to do. Two players have decided to go elsewhere, players at other clubs will do likewise. I think we will start to see some movement now.

We had Bauer and Sarr in L1and both in Championship now so there are L1 CB about that can play higher. 
    We signed both in the championship though......... 
    True . With an owner no better of than TS . It will take that sort of money to get out of this league and stay out. We are a small club playing  in a super ground owned by someone else. 

It is not a good place to be really IMHO.
    Bloody hell, don’t try and sugar coat things will you?🤣
  • This Tweet from this afternoon couldn't have been timed any worse really

• paulfox said:
    I make it 11 players down on our squad from last season.....and they weren't good enough to get into the top 6. And 2 of the players out of the 12 left are only supposed to be here as back up (Watson & Pearce).
    So, its not only replacing them but replacing them with better players.

I think TS might have bitten off more than he can chew.
     I think he is realising just how expensive owning a football club is to be honest.  We could be heading for the same situation we had with RD if this window is toilet.  You don't  make up 11 bodies in 5 or 6 weeks and the season starts then not at the end of August. 
    I think TS has more intelligence and integrity than RD. He may well find it more difficult than he thought and certainly more expensive but I’m sure he at least he measures success the same way we do, which is a big difference. He may get it wrong but he’ll likely learn from his mistakes, which RD never did.
    I’m guessing things are that bit more difficult at the moment, there’s probably more brinkmanship at play than normal due to every club trying to get more money for there contracted players, which is possibly why things are slow on incomings. I’d imagine TS is playing the game. 
    Too early to panic about the squad, I agree, but equally daft for people to argue that losing a 16-goal striker isn’t a serious blow. 
    I’m not going to lie, I’ve never particularly enjoyed watching Aneke play, just not my type of player. Obviously he had my support when he played in the Charlton shirt, but I’m edging my bets in the hope we can replace the 16 goals, with someone I enjoy watching more. Just a personnel opinion I’m not insisting on everyone agreeing with. I’ve loved strikers who have scored a lot less regularly over the years!!🤣
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!