Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who should we be signing if we stay in League One?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    IF a miracle occured and we were in the Championship, Jayden Stockley would/could be your 4th striker. Plan B or C. Good honest pro who will nick a couple of goals mainly in the air.

I would prefer to judge Stockley with a strike partner but just like Josh Magennis who I believe has scored 17 goals in League 1 but could only score 4 in 30+ matches in the Championship for Hull. First time Josh has ever scored more than 10  in a season since coming out of goal. (Pro clubs)

Jayden Stockley has had a fine loan for Cafc and it's good to hear the boy from Poole's accent. Good guy with a great attitude.

Played for Bournemouth, his local Pro club at 16 when Eddie Howe had to get permission from his School for an Away evening match.
    blimey he was a young manager wasn't he?
  • Options
    IF a miracle occured and we were in the Championship, Jayden Stockley would/could be your 4th striker. Plan B or C. Good honest pro who will nick a couple of goals mainly in the air.

I would prefer to judge Stockley with a strike partner but just like Josh Magennis who I believe has scored 17 goals in League 1 but could only score 4 in 30+ matches in the Championship for Hull. First time Josh has ever scored more than 10  in a season since coming out of goal. (Pro clubs)

Jayden Stockley has had a fine loan for Cafc and it's good to hear the boy from Poole's accent. Good guy with a great attitude.

Played for Bournemouth, his local Pro club at 16 when Eddie Howe had to get permission from his School for an Away evening match.
    28 wasn't he? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

28 wasn't he? 
    think my attempt at humour didn't work ...
  • Options
    Millwall fans hate Romeo because he takes the knee. He'll probably end up at Fulham but would do a job for us at right back. I've been disappointed with Matthews this year as he was one of our better players in the Championship. He has been weirdly erratic! Gunter has simply been poor rather than awful but pleased for him that he managed to reach the 100 caps peak for Wales. Purrington has also been erratic this season. He also played better last year imo. I've never admired JF-C but voted for him as POTY, as the best of a poor bunch, at least he tries hard. Innis will be our star man next year if he keeps fit. It is important that we find a perfect partner for him. We need a tiger in midfield, aka Kinsella/Cullen. Steve Gallen has his critics but keeps bringing in brilliant loans like Gallagher/Cullen/Bielik/Dasilva. Can he do it again?
  • Options
    Lucas Piazon and Matej Delač are probably other examples of why leave Chelsea.

Both spent nearly ten years registered at the club and combined earnt a grand total of just one League appearance. If wages are high why leave as you're made for life. Seems Jamal Blackman will be another one like that who'll be happy earning the wage and not worrying about his career

Unfortunately its a big problem in Football these days where clubs are able to stockpile kids

Even Adkins aluded to it this evening with them even demanding loan fees for them now

Hopefully we can continue to find the type of loan kid who'll want to prove to his parent club that he's not worth just keeping, but is eventually worth a spot with that club (i.e. Conor Gallagher), if not then they're the type of player who are realistic to that fact and will move on (your Bielik and Cullen).
  • Options
    Lucas Piazon and Matej Delač are probably other examples of why leave Chelsea.

Both spent nearly ten years registered at the club and combined earnt a grand total of just one League appearance. If wages are high why leave as you're made for life. Seems Jamal Blackman will be another one like that who'll be happy earning the wage and not worrying about his career

Unfortunately its a big problem in Football these days where clubs are able to stockpile kids

Even Adkins aluded to it this evening with them even demanding loan fees for them now

Hopefully we can continue to find the type of loan kid who'll want to prove to his parent club that he's not worth just keeping, but is eventually worth a spot with that club (i.e. Conor Gallagher), if not then they're the type of player who are realistic to that fact and will move on (your Bielik and Cullen).
    Exactly this, I see a lot of criticism with loanees but they have there place. They enable you to sign players you couldn't attract/afford, but as we've seen over the years, just signing players on loan to fill the squad is all wrong. Players like Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher all wanted to progress, Zyro was a waste of space.  
  • Options
    I just want an invite to Blackman's parties now! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I just want an invite to Blackman's parties now! 
    Oh, I’d assume a good handful on here would! :joy:
  • Options

Your suggestions up to now:

Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen.

We desperately need a first choice LB. I'd love Conor Ogilvie.

Joe Pritchard from Accrington. 

Sorinola at MK looked a very good prospect, attacking full back. 

I see Ben Hamer would be likely to be 3rd choice at Swansea next season, could see him moving somewhere.

Afolyan from Bolton. On loan from West Ham

Eric Lichaj? Not in-the-know but NAs skipper at Hull and now back in England looking for a club.

I would have liked to see us sign Jerry Yates of Blackpool. 

How about either of the Lee brothers, Ollie & Elliott? (Reply: Neither the Lees are good enough to be 1st choice in a title winning team and no better than the "squad players" we currently have.  Would be change for changes sake. )

How about Matt Smith (the Millwall one)? A good target man, and out of contract. 

Not sure if somebody has already mentioned Paul Mullin from league 2 Cambridge.  31 goals this season.

Think I saw on twitter that George Moncur is out of contract in the summer - always caught the eye when we've played them 

Millwall fans hate Romeo because he takes the knee. He'll probably end up at Fulham but would do a job for us at right back. 

Scott Fraser from MK Dons is a great player at this level and a realistic signing
    Fraser of MKD

Lowery of Crewe.
    Carlos Mendes Gomes of Morecambe
    Joe Piggot of AFC Wimbledon

Joel Randall at Exeter

Jack Tucker at Gills
    I liked the look of Bishop and Charles at Accrington when we played them. 
    Wonder if we'll go back in for Jordan Graham at Gillingham, 
    Dare I say it but Marquis wouldn’t be a bad shout.
    What about Vadaine Oliver? 16 goals this season
    A few players I've liked the look of this season aside from the obvious like Fraser: Joe Powell at Burton, came through at West Ham
    Conor Grant at Plymouth, came through at Everton, Camará at Plymouth.
    Lowery Dale impressed, PiggottFraser & the lad at Wigan whose name escapes me?
    I quite like their CB Adam Jackson. I also like Blackpool's CB Daniel Ballard on loan from Arsenal.
    From Lincoln I'd love it if we could sign Jorge Grant or Montsma.
    McCann at St Johnstone had looked very promising in both games I've seen him in.
    We need a couple of quality CM's, one with a real physical presence like Camará at Plymouth.
    Someone like Camará at Plymouth might fit the bill in terms of a strong, pacey, ball carrying defensive mid, though I'm not aware how consistent he is.
    Cameron Brannagan is one I'd like. Ben Whiteman hasn't settled at all at Preston. Scott Fraser would be a good signing if Adkins wants to go 4-2-3-1.
    Paul Mullin has 29 goals for Cambridge this season and I'm pretty sure he's out of contract at the end of the season.
    I always liked George Dobson currently on loan at AFC from the Mackems.
    What about Sean Goss of Shrewsbury ? More experienced options might include John Bostock at Donny or another MKD player Josh McEachran.
    Warren O'Hora, CB who has been on loan at MK Dons from Brighton, class act.
    I would be surprised if we didn’t go back for Joe Piggot.
    Michael Nottingham at Accrington Stanley was very good against us at the Valley.
    Joe Piggott and Scott Fraser for starts for me. Liked the look of O’ Hara at MK and young CB at Gillingham. I can see us going for Jordan Graham if he’s a freebie.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In midfield, Gilbey and Morgan, have the legs, energy and skill and I feel we need a new midfielder to supplement their skills. JFC is 50/50 for me, but if he can play the defensive midfielder instead of the yellow card boys Watson and Pratley then all well and good. 

Matthews must stay as he is ahead of Gunter.  

I normally have a long list of names, but not certain that players who have done well against Cafc this season we should buy or else we would have a squad of 50  :#
    Will JFC be back available for the first team before March next year?
  • Options
    Wages would be high, but we wouldn't have to pay Forest a fee and he is only 28, but how about Brit Assombalonga? I think he would be well above League One level.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Wages would be high, but we wouldn't have to pay Forest a fee and he is only 28, but how about Brit Assombalonga? I think he would be well above League One level.
    I doubt we would pay Forest a fee for a player Middlesbrough released last month?

That would be "unique". 
  • Options
    I meant Boro, sorry :)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    After the season he’s had I can’t see him being sold, but I would have liked to see us sign Jerry Yates of Blackpool. 
    How about either of the Lee brothers, Ollie & Elliott?
    Neither the Lees are good enough to be 1st choice in a title winning team and no better than the "squad players" we currently have.  Would be change for changes sake. 
    Can I change my mind?  Actually on second thoughts....... 
  • Options
    Funny how loads of names are mentioned, many of which have gone to either rivals or a higher division. 

Only 1'poster mentioned a player that we have signed (Dobson) apart from the loanees that we signed back up.

Someone's clearly got it all wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    The Crewe midfield for starters?
    Blimey, totally forgot I’d started this thread. Maybe it was Lowery who caught my eye.
    I assume Roddy’s on here every day….