Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Doncaster v Charlton | Good Friday | April 2nd, 2021

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Or just call him Adkins?
  • Options
    Call him NA

Na-na-na-na
    Na-na-na-na 
    Hey hey hey
    Nigel Adkins

• Options
    Great seeing Ian and Ryan there, thoroughly deserved, strange how they work out the Manager
    here we have Neil Critchley, and yet no Blackpool players in the side
  • Options
    Wasn't able to watch this game, but the comments about Millar being better when he came here seem typical of the comments made about our recent other loan players, Gallagher is one obvious example. Certainly Gallagher became less and less effective the more he played for us. The players we've taken on loan have been, to most of us anyway, pretty unknown in our league, but once other teams hear what they are doing, start scouting them, then concentrate on stopping them rendering them less effective, it doesn't mean they have lost their skills or desire. 
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Wasn't able to watch this game, but the comments about Millar being better when he came here seem typical of the comments made about our recent other loan players, Gallagher is one obvious example. Certainly Gallagher became less and less effective the more he played for us. The players we've taken on loan have been, to most of us anyway, pretty unknown in our league, but once other teams hear what they are doing, start scouting them, then concentrate on stopping them rendering them less effective, it doesn't mean they have lost their skills or desire. 
    He told the manager after the game that his legs felt like lead. 2 games and travelling to blame.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Even if it hadn’t deflected in off DJ, DJ was standing in front of the keeper. A lot of referees would interpret that as obstructing the keeper’s view and therefore interfering with play. 
    Seen from another replay angle, DJ was moving away from the keeper- and not obstructing him.

The issue was the ball deflecting off DJ - and therefore deemed to be played by him. 

The way you've phrased this has added further to your lol count ;)
  • Options
    The resistance on here to referring to our manager as Nigel is pretty weird. 

Just because it’s a boring name and we apply it to palace fans? So our manager’s name is boring or a bit ‘palacey’? Who gives a toss. His name is Nigel, so call him Nigel. We’re not going to turn into palace fans if we say it in a mirror three times FFS.
    Oops. Sense of humour bypass .....? :smile:

• Options
    Mr Adkins sounds the most respectful. 
    Alternatives:
    Nadkins. 
    Or Badkins, bad meaning good. 
    Or even Jellykins, which is both affectionate and hilarious.
    Or ‘Our Nigel’. As opposed to the other sort of Nigel. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    limeygent said:
    He told the manager after the game that his legs felt like lead. 2 games and travelling to blame.
    My point is still valid, I feel. The scouting in the lower half of this league is likely pretty hit and miss.
  • Options
    Or just call him Adkins?
    Or, as I say again......Addickins.
  • Options
    Apart from the fact that making a ‘joke’ out of combining the mighty Addicks with the manager’s actual name Adkins ends up sounding like a doting grannie’s term of endearment ‘so how’s my little Addick is then’, that’s a great idea @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    The resistance on here to referring to our manager as Nigel is pretty weird. 

Just because it’s a boring name and we apply it to palace fans? So our manager’s name is boring or a bit ‘palacey’? Who gives a toss. His name is Nigel, so call him Nigel. We’re not going to turn into palace fans if we say it in a mirror three times FFS.
    Oops. Sense of humour bypass .....? :smile:

Ha! Not at all. Maybe I should’ve put a smiley by my post.
    😉