Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Even we can’t feck this one up 2 - 0 Aneke and Stockley. Start of the unbeaten run.
    Oh yes we can ! 
    Ever the optimist :)
  • Options
    We're getting chips in to watch the game with. We know how to push the boat out. I had to stress to the other half that the chat before the game was usually better than the game itself so we don't want to miss that :smile:

• Options
    Release the dogs of war! Forget the one step forward, two steps backwards approach which sees up faffing about in our own half. Gung-ho from the start, go for the throat and give us fans something to cheer about.
     Not the words of a master tactician, I know, but it might just work. Can’t be any worse than Saturday’s shambles.
  • Options
    Watching those old goals by Morts tells you everything about our current side.
    They don't gamble and press on for goal - they pass sideways or back.
  • Options
    I think it is not unreasonable to want more attacking line ups along with decent levels of defending. Ultimately we want the team to score more than they concede consistently in what is a poor league.
  • Options
    Just like to see us play and not be afraid. The players seem to be on edge and hardly relaxed enough to enjoy the game. If they don't enjoy it, how are we supposed to.
  • Options
    I think it is not unreasonable to want more attacking line ups along with decent levels of defending. Ultimately we want the team to score more than they concede consistently in what is a poor league.
    It's probably easier to reduce the number of goals we concede at home to below 2 than it is to increase the number we score above it.  You shouldn't need to score 3 at home to get a point. 
  • Options
    If I was Bowyer I would go with a 4231 tonight.

We are crap defensively so have Watson and Pratley as the 2, Millar and DJ as the wides to balance the dullness of the midfield, Chuks in the hole behind Stockley. Purrington left back, Famewo, Oshi and Gunter.

It won't be pretty but most likely to get us results I would say, we deffo can't play ball so it's time to let the wingers loose and have the sluggers to cover for them
  • Options
    I think it will all fall into place tonight, shite everywhere!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1- 2 . They score a wonder goal early , chucks equalises just before half time.

We get a man sent off when we are in the ascendancy, they then score a penalty and win having only had 2 shots on goal, Bows blames the ref , weather condtions and bad luck for the loss but says the lads couldn't have given him anymore 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's probably easier to reduce the number of goals we concede at home to below 2 than it is to increase the number we score above it.  You shouldn't need to score 3 at home to get a point. 
    I agree with that. It is just if you are a team that currently looks good for conceding 1-2 per game and also scoring 1-2 per game, you need a bit of luck to perform at a top six level. If you make one of those stats one goal lower or one goal higher, it makes a big difference.
  • Options
    Now we know fans may possibly be back for Wembley,   They will all start trying. 
    The run starts tonight 
  • Options
    Blimey! If Golfie is predicting a win I cannot argue against that. But I don't think Josh Parker will score. We will win and breathe a sigh of relief that we managed to beat the bottom team.
  • Options
    If Josh Parker scores the winner, Bowyer might as well call a cab there and then on the spot.
  • Options
    Nice to see the club doing something as basic as this

You already get a few teams / Sports doing it themselves

• Options
    Get your Valley Pass, I say 3-1 tonight.
  • Options
    A lot of social media accounts giving this the "its a massive game" treatment today.  I really fail to see how tonight really changes anything? 
  • Options
    If we win, so what? Just proves we can beat 24th. Still in crap form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose it depends if you think we can still make the play offs or not. If you think it is possible, most games will be massive games until it isn't possible.
  • Options
    Given our home record and terrible defence, I agree with those who say Watson and Pratley together . With those two in front of our back 4 we would be unlikely to ship 2/3 goals, and we still have the option of bringing on DJ towards the end if we need to liven things up. at this stage a boring 1-0 win is preferable to an exciting 3-3 draw.

And it is not as if a midfield without those two together has been very exciting anyway, in fact usually just overrun or sidelined.
  • Options
    If we win, so what? Just proves we can beat 24th. Still in crap form.
    You don't ever go on a run without a confidence booster at the start. 

If we are to go on a run, it starts tonight. If it fails tonight it starts Saturday and repeat until everyone is Bowyer In or Bowyer out. 
  • Options
    When did we last play well? AFC Wimbledon?
  • Options
    We are playing the bottom of the league. Can only be one result.
    Brave.

But I'm not sure what result you are so confident off. Away win?
  • Options
    3-0 Charlton.  Stockley, Aneke & Parker OG .
  • Options
    We played well second half. We were losing at half time.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

🤣🤣🤣 thats the kiss of death then
  • Options
    Second halves of Wimbledon and Rochdale at home and Rochdale away?

Nothing else really stands out.